Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality
I wonder what Tony 2015 would say about Dutton's media bias concerns.

Presumably not the same thing as Tony 2013: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...y-1226704995609

Murdoch's minions posted:

Rudd gets coverage he deserves, Tony Abbott says
BEN PACKHAM | THE AUSTRALIAN | AUGUST 27, 2013 1:19PM

TONY Abbott has dismissed Kevin Rudd's latest attack on the media, saying if he wanted better coverage, he should perform better.

The Prime Minister hit out at the Murdoch press once again today, claiming its reporting of the election was inhibiting fair political debate.

But the Opposition Leader said the coverage was a direct reflection of the government's performance.

"The reason why this government gets poor coverage, at least in some areas of the media, is because it has been the worst government in our history," he said.

"If you want better coverage, be a better government."

Mr Abbott said a free media must be allowed to take a position, as many newspapers had done in 2007 when they supported Mr Rudd over then-prime minister John Howard.

"I didn't hear Mr Rudd complaining then," Mr Abbott said.

"I suspect that many of them will support a change of government this time, and that's their right.

"But fundamentally, if you want good coverage, you've got to perform well."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread