Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Applewhite posted:

Depending on who you ask I've been evil for some time.

Get over yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Applewhite posted:

How about we all get over me?
I didn't initiate this ridiculous Space Tits discussion.
I initiated a ridiculous discussion about the creative process.
I shouldn't have risen to Troposphere's bait but goddamn dude the thread has been over for three months lol if you even remember I made it much less give a poo poo.
The people who need to "get over me" are the chucklefucks who made a special point to visit an unrelated thread to complain about the least of the GBS CYOAs because they're still caremad about some cartoon boobies.
I'm not sorry I drew the boobs. I like boobs and that is literally the only justification any artist needs to include anything in his or her work.

As Meis said, comedy is not immune to criticism but lol if you think I'm the one being humiliated by the collective criticism of Space Tits. Every single person in this thread looks like the biggest dumbass in the world. Including me. You should all consider what just took place to be just as embarrassing as if we'd all engaged in a bicker battle over whether the Crystal Gems have vaginas or some poo poo.
And yeah you can say "well what does that make you, the creator of this foul work?" And the answer is obviously "a big drat price of poo poo."
Congrats on getting down to my level.

This interview is over.

I repeat: get over yourself.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Seriously, dude, if you just owned up and said you love drawing big ol' titties instead of desperately trying tack on a deeper meaning, that would actually be respectable.

The reason you and every other dork who draws obvious wank material gets endlessly mocked is you try to say it's a parody, a deconstruction, a what-the-gently caress-ever.

Everyone else who's not also jerkin' to it, or playing along with your delusions of grandeur to keep the joke going, can see what's up.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Applewhite posted:

Alright, I'll take this one last question because I'm obviously not making myself clear when I say things like:

and let's not forget

:siren:Space Tits not a parody, it's not a deconstruction. It's straightforward sexual humor where the bouncing boobs ARE THE POINT.:siren: I've said as much to Meis, I've said as much to everyone in every thread where the topic comes up. The pompous, overblown bullshit asspull pseudointellectual claptrap is the "parody." The high-minded rigamarole is, and always has been intended to mock people who feel they need to justify silly fun on an academic level.

Just to clarify, I'm not doing a Dresden Codak guest strip. The whole post was a shot at webcomic artist Aaron Diaz, who is most well known among webcomics goons as a self-important feminist ally who endlessly draws cheesecake art under the guise of female empowerment.

I don't, in fact have an 18 part youtube series. That's part of the joke where I mock people who take this poo poo seriously.

I dunno if any goons here saw the movie Jane and the Lost City. It's a WWII comedy about a woman who goes on silly adventures fighting Nazis and her clothes keep getting ripped off. That movie is a parody of pulp adventure films like Indiana Jones, but the fanservice is not a parody, the fanservice is fanservice.

That's your opinion. If you don't think Space Tits was funny that's an entirely personal matter of taste and one I can fully understand. If you think my parody of self-aggrandizing cheesecake artists was poorly executed, again, that's completely understandable. Other people got the joke and said as much.

If you're gonna hate me or ST&A goddamn it hate it for the right reasons.

I don't hate you. I don't think anyone here (well, most of them) hates you. The fact you are getting so upset about this is telling, however.

I also never asked you a question, this isn't a press conference. I was telling you you need to get over yourself. Relax and admit your love of tits and rear end, maybe smoke some weed because goddamn.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Applewhite posted:

So... you're telling me that you think I'm lying about being a hack cheesecake artist?

Or are you saying I'm lying about not having a Dresden Codak guest strip and 18 part youtube series?

You're not better than that stuff, man, quit going "at least I'm not them." For all we know you want to be them.

Just enjoy whatever weird poo poo you do. Don't try and explain (because you're overexplaining), don't try and justify it, don't dig up 12 different quotes and screencaps defending it, just draw erect nipples on everything and be free.

Parody is all well and good. Poe's Law has that whole thing about how good satire is indistinguishable from the real thing, but there's also the danger overshooting and just making the real thing. It's a delicate balance, you didn't walk the line.

Reiterating what you intended over and over again unfortunately does not change what you ended up with. At this point you just have to go "yup, that sure is a dick voltron I drew."

• Locked thread