Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I found the Englishman...

:britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

meatpimp posted:

I'm itching for a new beater vehicle and my wife wants something 7-passenger to use to haul scouts around. I've had my eyes out for another XC90, but I stumbled on a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero nearby for dirt-cheap.

Except it's on craigslist. And there's no contact information for the seller. No phone number, no email, nothing through cl.

So I went to the address shown on the ad and it was there. It's pretty beat, but I'd be able to clean it up nicely. I left a post-it note on the side window asking them to call me.

I may go stalker on this damned thing.

Aren't monteros plagued by piston ring issues causing them to smokescreen constantly? My Dad had a 98 montero and it was pretty alright at the time.

I have to say, I love subaru AWD in houston rains. It just doesn't give a poo poo. With my old focus, I'd spin front tires on road paint. In my Miata, I'd have to make sure I watch the revs because vtak would try to kick in, yo. With this subie, it just goes. Awesome.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Darchangel posted:

Oh, OK, yeah - I generally don't preorder stuff months in advance or whatever. This one already had good reviews, and the developer had made several games that I enjoyed already. Hell, half the time I buy used, but this one looked good enough, and I want the Mad Max franchise to benefit, basically.

I got the Ripper, but not far enough along yet to start swapping stuff. Only just got to Jeet's fortress last night. Did get an enemy car stored there, though. NOW I MUST COLLECT THEM ALL!

Bolded: destiny.txt

Bungie had such an amazing track record, it had amazing reviews.... and then they dropped a Cleveland Steamer right on everyone's collective chest. What a loving letdown.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Welp, off the wagon again and it feels loving great. I love wine so much. Wine and dubstep make a boring gently caress's life great. Looks like my talents with coordinate measurement machines, precision metrology, inspection, computer programming, and electron beam welding mean that the merger of two sister companies keeps me employed. It also means that about 45 people are going to lose their jobs :sigh: It also means my commute will quadruple to 22 miles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNE7oquWKFQ

e: for those of you nationwide that love cheap gas, Houston is seriously falling on it's face hard right now. The manufacturing sector is getting hammered so hard for this. We only just started paying off debts from the last downturn :(

e2: I would like a goon friend in Houston

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 18, 2015

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

MrChips posted:

And yet here we are in Alberta (basically, Texas North) and our gas prices just went up 16 cents per litre because gently caress you that's why. I can't wait to see what excuse the Oil Industry Speak 'n' Say comes up with this time.

Well those union pipleline assholes decided to strike and upstream means higher prices and well gently caress you because money :bahgawd: gently caress oil up the rear end with their own wireline tools.

I like how all my food got expensive in the grocery store when oil went up because it costs to transport. Now that oil is worth a squirt of piss my beef still costs $4.70 a pound for loving 80/20 (queue euro goons crying about $120/kg beef)

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Are we still doing laptop chat? I have a late 2006 black macbook that's my wife's and I have a 2008 macbook pro. I dunno why these things last so long, but I have no intention of replacing either of them anytime soon.

My house is going to be torn apart on Friday and tile's gonna be put in. I have the pile-o-tile in the kitchen and everything. All the cattes are taking turns being tilepile kings.

Monday's my birthday and I get Mad Max: Fury Road!!!! WITNESS!

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

It's my birthday! :toot: Wifey came through with Fury Road and a Deutschland cycling jersey. Also, someone's getting laid tonight :gizz:. 34 seems like I'm getting up into the 'respectable' age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I found something rather mental on Houston Craigslist today. A supra pickup. http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5218869498.html

quote:

Truck for sale. This truck has tons of mods done to it. It has ALL MK3 supra suspension and steering and drivetrain with engine and transmission. 7mgte engine built with forged internals, MHG, cams, etc. Turbonetics turbo, plus an Eaton supercharger. MS2 fuel injection w/ bluetooth. R154 transmission built with Marlin Crawler upgrades. Aluminum driveshaft.

Turbo and supercharged.
:perfect:

• Locked thread