Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

WOOOOOW I'M LIVING IN THE FUTUUUUUUUUURE! So this is what it's like, huh? I like the lawn, it's back to green again from last seasons brown and hollllly shiiiiiit, a sex robot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

1. Buy drugs 2. ??? 3. Profit

I'd change that post haste, I got banned for that a few years ago. Then again, IOwnCalculus seems to be kinder and gentler than sigtrap. :3:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

scuz posted:

Guys the Mad Max video game was released today.

As did Metal Gear Solid V. It's ventures so far into crazy town that it's awesome and it's now open world. It mixes future AI with 1700's AI with a mixture of vehicles, mech's, and horses. Also, I had it reserved before I knew about Mad Max, so I'm obligated to play it first.. But I will definitely get to Mad Max ASAP.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Totally didn't know MGS came out today. Too bad I'm supervising kart practice tonight. Will have to pick it up on the way home as that's the only game series I still play.

I stopped playing it after MGS2 jumped the shark with the fat guy on roller blades with timed detonators on top of an oil derrick, oh and that ending that was an hour and a half long and started the series descent into crazy town. I did dig the style of the last one on PS3, but the controls were too screwy for my tastes. I got the demo for this one from a friend 6 months ago and I kept playing it and finding new things, it finally went back to its roots of high tech tactical espionage, it's a little corny in places, but I mean.. Come on, it's MGS it has to be a bit corny in some areas I suppose, just not way out anime guy with sword swinging at what in the hell fat guy on roller blades corny.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

My wife already pre-ordered Fallout 4. On a side note, Fallout Shelter is finally available for android.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

I played this for a little while until a Deathclaw attack followed immediately by molerats made me ragequit.

I haven't hit that wall yet, I'm still waiting for Deathclaws to show up.. I know they'll rape me with my current compound.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Can anyone try to make me an animated avatar from about 3:22 or so, the focus on the Bartender going "b-b-b-b"

It's for an idea I have.

https://youtu.be/r4OhIU-PmB8

That's fairly coincidental, I'm going to see them play 7 hours from now.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

That's awesome! I went to a Corvette thing once when I had a Corvette. Every drat Corvette there had some lovely Mid America aftermarket bolt on. It was the Corvette herpes equivalent to glitter on par with a P.T. Cruiser club, I only lasted 10 minutes. Soon after, I discovered with my next car anything car related with the word club in it meant hanging with people with lovely aftermarket bolt on's and everybody thinks their ride is a rare and beautiful snowflake. I'm cool off any car club thing for the rest of my life.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Holy poo poo. Saw my foreman and the electrical foreman scream at each other for a solid 5 minutes straight today. I kinda hid around the corner in case I had to go break up a fist fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_d5jWvBirU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Does the game lend itself to a wheel or is it heavier on story than driving?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

I didn't go swimming this summer at all :saddowns:

You just made me realize that I haven't either.. :(

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

That's insane. Why the gently caress would anybody use those, let alone in a lobby? That's just asking for poo poo to go horribly wrong in a small time frame.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Backov posted:

I've been living in Valencia the last couple months, it's pretty drat sweet and quite cheap by EU standards.

That reminds me, apparently buying whole villages in Spain on the cheap is now a thing since 300+ have been abandoned.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

No, that's hockey.

In this neck of the woods, that'd be giants and raiders fan.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

blk posted:

I'm thinking of getting some cowboy boots but wonder how they are for driving, esp with a third pedal. Anyone chime in?

Depending on the car/truck it can be a pain in the rear end depending on how close in proximity the peddles are. There's definitely a correlation between wearing boots and driving a truck with an automatic transmission. The older I get, the more I hate manuals when I have to jump in, get to the back 9 and take care of business.

edit: Are you going for style or actually working?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

kastein posted:

:shrug: I wear size 14 steeltoes every day (I don't even own a pair of sneakers) and can 3 pedal the Justy and my Forester no problem.

Hell, the Justy actually has more room around the pedals than the Forester does.

Not sure what the problem is with manual transmissions and boots...

Try a car/truck not really setup for the outdoors like a Chevy Colorado, Mini Cooper, etc.. I use an auto transmission Dodge 4x4 for farm work, but drive a Mini Cooper around town. I have to switch shoes before getting in the Mini, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing anyway since it makes me not get any extra mud inside. I wear 12 wide's, my feet are probably what keep me from doing it though since I have Flintstone feet.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

corn in the fridge posted:

lol if someone ever really pisses me off on this forum i hope they go to reddit so i can follow them and continue to have meltdowns whenever they post

B..B..BUUT I'M AT REDDDDITTTTTT!!!! :(

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

RIP Paul Walker posted:

gently caress YOU FORD YOU CAN EAT A GODDAMN BAG OF DICKS IT IS A BRAND NEW CAR THE HVAC BLOWER MOTOR SHOULDN'T BE MAKING ANY loving NOISE YET!

I skipped buying another 100,000 mile German car 'cause I didn't want to deal with the little issues that crop up when a car gets old, little did I know that I'd be getting the same experience from a brand new car. My OCD cannot handle this.

I'm ignoring, for now, the fact that the suspension has rattled almost since new. Already got one "no fault found" sheet for it, figured I'd wait until it's more reproducible. Now that the weather is getting colder, it is! Driving around downtown Portland it sounds like a hooptie piece of poo poo.

gently caress you Ford, gently caress you... BTW, I really like my car aside from the fact that it's a piece of poo poo.

Ford is pretty lovely quality. My wife bought our first and only one in 2013, Taurus Limited, and it's the cheapest piece of poo poo I've ever owned. So far the 3rd brake light has fallen down twice, the front windshield glass has been resealed because of excessive wind noise, the passenger airbag panel piece has popped off twice, one of the center console doors broke on one side while pressing it down to open it, also the plastic center console trim piece broke off 2 months ago while normally opening it. It's barely 2 years old and is falling apart..

edit:

Cage posted:

Speaking of ford the weather stripping was starting to fall apart on the door in my moms 2013 focus. Theres not even 10k miles on there and the jerks at the dealership denied doing the work under warranty. "Its a wear item because you brush up against it when you get in the car" That sounds like an engineering defect you idiot.

I also forgot, we can't take the Taurus to any automatic wash places because the lovely plastic roof rails that hide welding points gets blown off.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

I like just buying a lovely old car and then all the rattles and poo poo is to be expected. I think my mind would explode if I dropped five digits on a car and it made even the tiniest noise.

Pretty much this. Also, contacted Ford and they were like "huh sucks to be you.." Ford is loving awesome.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Cage posted:

Just because we complain doesn't mean we are haters. I drive two fords. :v:

No, he's right. I guess I'd be considered a hater because we paid 30k for our Ford and it's falling to pieces in a hair under 2 years, I will never own another Ford as long as I live and am currently looking to trade it in on another vehicle. I sent Ford an email detailing everything that has went wrong with the vehicle and the auto-mailer sent me a reply of "Your case has been closed, take this survey!" loving rad Ford, you cock mongers.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

fjelltorsk posted:

couple of years ago we had 98 days of rain straight

Honestly, this sounds pretty amazing.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

A friend of mine is sitting through an A+ cert class right now since his work paid for him to do it since they want all their techs A+ certified. He has been writing nuggets of wisdom all week that the instructor is giving the class. I'm pretty sure his instructor wrote the screenplay for hackers. Enjoy: https://twitter.com/aplusblowhard

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

A good critical mass cyclist is a smushed critical mass cyclist.

Fixed that for you.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Oh god the A+...

A+ the herpes equivalent of tech work.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

nm posted:

Where in CA? If it is Fresno, stay in Norway.

Truth. Even people in the valley regard Fresno as the rear end in a top hat of the valley.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

14 INCH DICK posted:

Don't forget Methdesto

We were mentioned in an episode of meth stuff on the Discovery channel.. Actually Escalon was, but whatever.. Close enough, even then it's been slowly moving to Angels Camp/Jackson region for the past decade. Methdesto is too populous and expensive since we're a bedroom community to the bay these days for meth operations.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

drat, I just learned that there is a new live action The Jungle Book movie coming out next year. I didn't really care about seeing it until I saw Christopher Walken is playing King Louie. That's going to be such a mismatch it's going to be awesome! Hackers awesome, if you will.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

California people, how is the Monterrey area for a spot to kill some time in over the weekend sitting on a beach?

Pretty good, lots of good beaches, bring some sunscreen though. People always go to lovers point on dates, pretty drat cliche.. Drive further down to Pacific Grove, they have better beaches that don't smell like sea lion piss. Also fog in the morning usually burns off by 11-12:30. If you do end up going to the aquarium, have breakfast at Coco's on the corner of David and Lighthouse. You're going to need to eat and they offer all day parking to paying diners and it's only 2 blocks down to the aquarium.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

Excellent. Breakfast then aquarium and beach that doesn't smell like piss. Trying to figure out how I'm going to fit Laguna Seca in but that might have to be next trip, Porsche is doing their Rennsport Reunion though so I may push for that.

Almost forgot, take the drive down 1 south towards Big Sur, lots of nice coast line and nicer (non-touristy) beaches in that area, it's about a 30 minute drive from downtown Monterey. If you go further, there's a cool place called Jade Cove where you can pick up jade off the beach, it's actually pretty sweet.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Looks like I missed last nights poo poo-fest which I'm cool with. Unfortunately I was working on my own poo poo fest which is trying to figure out "mathematics for elementary teachers: a contemporary approach." I took this class because I was thinking "Cool, I'll just take this 120 level course to fulfill my last elective requirement since It's the final class I need to graduate. It should be the easiest thing ever since my previous major had me going to trig 2 and this is how to teach match to k-6th graders." What I found is a hell pit of bullshit and despair, it took me 2 1/2 hours to do 30 questions last night. Common core is the coolestest!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I'M ON A BOAT, without the engine, MOTHERFUCKERS DON'T YOU EVER FORGET!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

InitialDave posted:

For me, as in my own personal opinion, and not indicative of how others think, I just think guns are cool/fun bits of machinery, in the same way I like cars, or bikes, or other industrial... Stuff. And shooting at things is, well, fun.

Truth. I haven't voted for years and I still like guns because they're fun.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Ozmiander posted:

I will literally drive to wherever BoMax hosts the servers and take them out with a baseball bat if this political bullshit chat continues.

Keep your bats off my internets!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

The Locator posted:

Our data center is just row after row of boring plain black cabinets.

Add more 0's, you poors.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I finally got around to playing Mad Max last night. So far, so good.. But I have serious reservations about some of the character choices, mostly Smeag Chumbucket.. I get that the engine is basically a re-purposed Arkham Asylum/Shadow of Mordor engine and I really like that since those were solid games, which means the fighting in Mad Max is pretty great, but Chumbucket gets on my nerves. Also, the secondary objectives feel like they were added after everything was done.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BrokenKnucklez posted:

So how low do you guys think TDI prices will go with this vw deal? It might be a good way to pick up a cheap fuel miser.

I've been eyeing Audi a3 tdi wagons recently and so far I've seen a 3k drop. I'm waiting for it to hit rock bottom and level off. :)

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

ssjonizuka posted:

Just be careful of locale and what the "fix" is going to be. California (I think) has already declared you won't be able to register one until the fix is installed on said vehicles

I don't see this happening successfully even in CA since the state will have a lawsuit on their hands for essentially forcing people to purchase another vehicle if there isn't a fix available. If there was a fix, then it'll be a matter of call dealer to get a recall component appt scheduled.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BloodBag posted:

I found something rather mental on Houston Craigslist today. A supra pickup. http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5218869498.html

That reminds me, I saw this gem last weekend:

can't see it too well, but it's also a dually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

scuz posted:

My girlfriend is so happy that I've found MCM. Thanks, September Chat Thread!

I've never heard of it until now and, yeah, it's pretty drat awesome! I already sent it to a few friends.

• Locked thread