Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

CornHolio posted:

I've gone to Medpoint (like an ER, but slightly less ER-y) at least three or four times over them in the past several years. I've had EKGs done, a heart sonogram done, chest X-rays, you name it... each time I know it's a panic attack, but it feels like I'm having a goddamn heart attack and it's scary and that only makes the panic attack worse.

Thankfully today I just went down and sat with the nice nurse we have here, and I was fine after awhile. But still. goddamn.

a friend suggested fish oil, I may look into that.

I went to the ER about a month ago for what I thought was a heart attack and ended up being a panic attack. poo poo's scary, yo. The worst part is that I calmed down about five minutes after they stuck an IV in me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Do it! I love my Baja and for all the poo poo I get about it being "not really a truck", I've hauled full-size couches, lumber, compost, more furniture...

They're surprisingly handy and really fun to drive. They're pretty good cross-country, too. I've driven mine from MT to the midwest twice now and from MT to the Oregon coast once or twice a year for the past five or six years.

The head gaskets aren't hard to do and you can do it when you do the timing belt like Bajaha said.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

scuz posted:

I remember playing California Games on the Tandy my dad bought. Their DRM was "What's the 34th letter on the 6th line of page 18?" edit: waitaminnit it wasn't California Games, it was LIKE California Games but the gist was that you'd start the game with like $500 and have to buy a car and modify it and drag race it against other computer-controlled racers. It was a DOS game that ran on floppies and ugh, I wish I remembered what this was.

Street Rod?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

scuz posted:

YES! Ahh, poo poo, I remember this. Thanks, dude.

edit: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/street-rod/screenshots/gameShotId,518400/ <--that's the copy protection. Love it.

Yeah. I loving loved that game. Played it on an IBM PS/2.

Looks like you can still play it if you are comfy with dosbox.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
GASCHAT

I've been eating spicy habanero sweet garlic pickles straight from the jar while I wait for my spicy sausage, pepperoni, and black olive pizza with extra cheese to come out of the oven. I am preparing to sleep on the couch tonight.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

some texas redneck posted:

So uh..

Certified letters from the IRS are always good news, right? :stare:

Audit?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

ilkhan posted:

And nothing happened precisely BECAUSE of single issue voters.
I already said I dislike a lot of the rest of the GOP policy. But the left wants desperately to disarm the citizens. "It won't happen here" is the most naive thing a person can say. The first goal of EVERY dictator is to remove guns from the hands of their prey, and you don't get them back.

If the cost of avoiding the next Stalin, Mao, Hitler, or Pol Pot level purge is 2 dozen kindergartners a year than its well worth it, despite how cold-hearted that sounds.

That's not cold-hearted, that's sociopathic AND pants-on-head stupid.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Elmnt80 posted:

Jesus, subaru bajas near me have been selling at around 8 grand for the base model with 150k miles on them. A turbo was going for nearly 11k. The only one currently on craigslist is a 2003 for 9.5k with 100k miles. Thats insane for a ~10 year old car that wasn't that popular to begin with. :dogbutton:

I wish Subaru would bring the Baja back. They never will, but I love mine and I don't know what I'd replace it with if I had to.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Powershift posted:

as the XV bajatrek with a lift kit and 148hp.

I'd be okay with that.
:swoon:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

StormDrain posted:

If you ever find yourself in Judith Gap Montana, they have a wind turbine blade that didn't pass QC so it's now sitting in the middle of town for you to awe in its hugeness.

Good milkshakes too.

That's cool. Though if one isn't otherwise involved in either wind power or ranching, there is zero reason to ever find oneself in Judith Gap. It's not even really between two otherwise interesting places.

Besides, if you're going for tiny Montana towns, you can get excellent milkshakes or, my favorite, a cherry phosphate in Philipsburg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

StormDrain posted:

Perhaps you're going from Billings to Great Falls though. Also go ahead and go to Lewistown for a Hot-n-tot at the Dash Inn. It's like a cinnamon soda.

I did say "otherwise interesting places" :downsrim:

I've actually been to the Dash Inn, but I don't like cinnamon drinks. Good fries, though.

• Locked thread