Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

So there was a huge car meet today and someone rolled in with a car that had a white power sticker and a confederate flag sticker

One of my friends my friends took a razor blade and took the stickers off for her and all hell broke loose lol

Now all the racists and free speech yards are going nuts on the Facebook page

I'd be pissed too, if I'm reading that right. Don't take a razor to someone else's paint because you're butthurt about their opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

gently caress that noise. If you're willing to get violent over a confederate flag sticker, you might want to consider that you're being a worse human being than the person who happens to have it on their car.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Hey guys guess what I did today?

I didn't get high with my boss, or splash people.

:boom:

Real talk. I need a car to flip, the itch has been back and I have no idea what to do. I saw an Infiniti q45 but per other chats, its like big German sedans, worthless.

I think about doing a Jeep but most are pretty rotted out. Civics and Camry's are loving high dollar. Any suggestions?

Hell, I've got a pretty rotted out Jeep and I'm looking for something else to drive to work while I do major surgery on it.

Trying to figure out what's fun to drive, man trans, and I can get for a price.

Miatas are right out, I can't drive them comfortably.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

As someone who's never seen a supercomputer before, this owns and makes me want to learn about them. Also those mural-cover-things are delightful!

Yeah, those are a heck of a lot prettier than the walls of fiber optic runs that are the fronts of the racks I'm cursed with.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

They stopped trying to do backup power for our stuff a long time ago, just too much drat power. Some of the file system type stuff is dual feed power, they may use flywheels but I'm not sure.

There's still some custom projects for special customers but it's mostly a case of how big can you afford to go. There's some things that can still be tweaked depending on the specific needs of the customer but more and more it's becoming that everyone gets the same basic system then we adjust cpu/memory/gpu as needed for their application. The XT/XE/XK line are all the same cabinet more or less with different compute blades and interconnects. Same with the various XC systems we're shipping now.

Then there's the new Cray Cluster Solutions stuff, there's way more customization with those. Various rack sizes, blade sizes and compute densities as well as cpu/gpu combos depending on what they plan to do. Everything from blades that are mostly memory to blades that are packed full of GPUs.

Needs more lube

We hide that poo poo in the back or in disk racks off to the side that are never photographed or shown to tours.

We don't give tours. :) That and it's more important that we be able to easily trace and replace a connection than make it look pretty. It's all cable managed nicely, but all out in the open.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Seriously, just buy cheap refurbs off Woot. Decent last-gen stuff shows up weekly. I have a like new ThinkPad from there that is my beater 'going someplace' laptop, and it cost me all of a hundred fifty.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one eyeing them.

I live in Iowa... No emissions testing. The few advantage of living in a fly over state.

Yeah, we get the rust instead. GG DOT, pour more salt on it.

That said, I'm about to start losing my cool. I know I live in a lovely part of town, but the next stanced-out rusted rear end Civic without a muffler covered in [hoonigan] bullshit that goes by my house with the pedal on the floor to hit 30 is going to drive me to landmines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fart Pipe posted:

So youre saying he doesnt even have a...fart pipe?

Nothing back of the cats but a chunk of pipe that drags every time he crosses a pothole.

I think the fart can must have gotten torn off at some point.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 30, 2015

• Locked thread