Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

14 INCH DICK posted:

The blackest burn I have ever seen went something along the lines of "with how many horrible tragedies happen almost daily in the United States, you'd almost think it was built on the top of thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds."

Wow. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Wife is doing a girls night. I think that means steak and Mad Max for me tonight.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
So I quit tobacco last Monday. How do I deal with idiots and cars and not punch people in the face? Does that feeling ever go away?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Dammit. No redboxes seem to have Fury Road.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

mariooncrack posted:

I did my first oil change yesterday.

https://youtu.be/9HSj-2shbqY

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Super Aggro Crag posted:

One of my roomies teaches in the ghetto and his 6th grade creative writing class is loving gold. Laughing so hard right now.

Don't be a tease.

Oil filters: Purolator or bust. :colbert:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I've done a ton of deliveries in a short amount of time before, but I'm not sure what my delivery per hour rate is. I do know that there are days where I'm not in the store more than 30 minutes out of an 8 hour shift.

AI: Content - I deliver parts :v:

More AI: Started watching Narcos. I'm pretty sure there's a 83-86ish Ford in a parking garage in a scene that takes place in 1979. :v:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Thelonious posted:

Yup. About two years ago they closed up on a Saturday afternoon, locked the doors and that was it. A fully stocked hardware store sat untouched.

The threader was the big score (around six grand new), but we also got a couple hundred dollars worth of copper pipe for 80 bucks. And the entire inventory of valves - sweat and threaded - gate, globe, ball ranging from 1/4" to 2". A few grand worth of valves for $200.

I run a small family hvac business and have never before been so giddy about buying tools and inventory.

Holy... That's amazing.

Found the rev limiter in my wife's Kia Friday night. Partly on purpose, partly because pulling down to shift up is stupid. I'm pretty sure it auto shifted into second anyway.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

InitialDave posted:

Yeah. I've driven an auto which had a "manual" mode the other way round (push away from you to shift up), and it's loving infuriating.

Wait. poo poo. That's what I meant. You push the shifter up/away from you to shift. It's loving backwards like everything else on the car.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Tusen Takk posted:

test

edit: I think that might be too big. hrmph

Oh God, so much of my childhood was spent playing Cruisin' USA.

Edit: Helped a customer trying to find a brake drum return spring for a 48 Packard Super Eight today (and yesterday). It crosses over to a 95-ish Toyota HiAce and a 66 Ford F250. Couldn't order him any through the store, but they're on RockAuto so he was plenty happy to have it at least figured out.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
The one that just bought Carquest.

I don't know about other stores, but most of us at our store try to help people out if we can as a general rule. If it's something we know, like Ford/Chevy/whatever old rednecks like, we can usually figure it out. If it's something classic or interesting, then we get on the internet and start looking around trying to figure it out. Part of it is to get people to come back, but another part of it is just trying to figure it out for the hell of it. Trying to find a 60+ year old brake return spring presents itself as an interesting problem that needs to be figured out.

E: Our computer systems aren't that advanced, but if we can get a part number we can usually cross it over. Or just start googling poo poo till we figure it out.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

blk posted:

I'm thinking of getting some cowboy boots but wonder how they are for driving, esp with a third pedal. Anyone chime in?

Seconding the "hell until broken in". Fine after the upper breaks in and you can move your ankle better.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Been nearly a month with no nicotine at all. I'm loving dying for a cigar now, especially after a stressful as gently caress day like today.

At least it's the weekend and working tomorrow might mean seeing some cool cars show up at the store.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Love the truck

Use a pushover plunge :v:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Watched Mad Max finally.

WITNESS

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I'm so flattered, FedLoan and Navient think I'm able to pay them about 450 dollars a month in student loan payments. In fact, I'm so overcome with joy that my eye is twitching and I want to spread the love by choking the poo poo out of them.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I am seriously considering quitting this bullshit part time retail job. Selling auto parts just doesn't seem worth my time any more.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Thongs aren't the only thing I put a foot into.

Apparently the GM is too scared to call me to see if I'm coming in to work next Saturday so he had someone else do it. I was scheduled to work and put that I wanted off as a longshot; didn't get it and I'm not surprised (nor do I mind, really). Just funny that the guy is so nonconfrontational to the point of having someone else do basic managerial tasks.

Oh I cannot wait to put in my two weeks' notice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

mafoose posted:

I take it this is on your Miata?
The spool on mine wasn't hosed so I had a motorcycle shop make me new cables. Putting it in together was annoying but that was the last time I did a regulator on it.

Also, your mechanic sucks if they aren't willing to jam your window up with a dowel or pcv pipe. Just do it yourself next time, it's easy.

Seriously. If there's glass, use something to hold it up, especially when you know it's going to rain. Or, do it yourself. Chop off a broom handle and zip tie it in place.

• Locked thread