Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

CornHolio posted:

I just had a panic attack about an hour ago. I visited the medical coordinator here at work and she took my blood pressure, 142/114. :stare:

20 minutes later it was down to 132/92 which is a bit more normal for me, but it's still scary as poo poo. My last panic attack was in April (I keep a log).

Anybody else have panic attacks? Nothing seems to trigger them.

I do, and the dumbest poo poo will trigger them. The first one I had was so bad I went to emergency care because I thought I was having a heart attack. That was almost a year ago. Since then I've had them relatively often but never as bad as the first one.

I've had completely crazy stress filled days where I'm fine, but then a week later something as simple as calling to order food or having a hangover after a Friday night NEAI hangout will trigger them. The doctor gave me meds to control them but I have to watch myself with them being benzos and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Magnus Praeda posted:

I went to the ER about a month ago for what I thought was a heart attack and ended up being a panic attack. poo poo's scary, yo. The worst part is that I calmed down about five minutes after they stuck an IV in me.

Yeah cause that IV probably had some Ativan in it, heh. That's what I got. I went from full on freakout to "uh, why am I here" in minutes my first time.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

CornHolio posted:

So I tried posted a post in the 'recommend me a car' thread in A/T, and it quickly got hijacked and I never got a response.

My little brother is an immature poo poo who sucks at driving. I've kept his Honda on the road for eight years and now the exhaust is making a funny noise and he refuses to drive it. He's driving my mom's Nissan Rogue to work.

They're giving him $4k to replace his Honda, and he wants a truck. It has to be "good in the winter" so I'm thinking 4WD + recommending snow tires, and it has to be "reliable." (Note, his Honda only left him stranded once, when the 7-year-old battery died).

He's getting a new vehicle like now, whether I think it's a smart or good idea or not.

I'm also in charge of finding it for him (and then selling his Honda).

I'm in northern Indiana, and there's a huge amount of used Rangers, F150s and Cherokees on craigslist. Anything else I should be looking for? I know a fair bit about Rangers and Cherokees, but what about like 2000-ish F-150s?

(Also, anybody want a 1998 Honda Accord for a grand? The body is in bad shape but mechanically it's in good shape, brand new battery alternator and tires... will need a timing belt done pretty soon though.)

He'd probably be best off with a Vulcan Ranger or a pre-2000 XJ, but as far as F-150's go, a 2v 4.6 F-150 would be a pretty decent truck. Watch for oil leaks, noisy timing chain, check the cab corners, rockers, body mounts, and bed. The 4.6 will go forever, the transmissions are halfway decent, and the manual transfer cases are solid as well. Parts are incredibly loving cheap for F-series trucks as Ford sold a metric fuckton of these. Stay away from the 5.4 if you're not familiar with the spark plug issues and don't want to deal with it, but the earlier 2v 5.4's are halfway decent, especially the 99's with the forged cranks, PI heads, and metal intake manifolds.

Another excellent option would be a 5.3 GM truck.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

CornHolio posted:

What happened in 2000 to the Cherokee? My old job had a 2000 classic model, it seemed great.

Which years did GM have the 5.3? I hate GM and pay them no attention but I do know their trucks are decent.

2000-2001 had the aluminum TUPY head which is prone to cracking and will not stand up to any kind of overheating.

I believe 99+ for the GM's but someone who is more of a GM guy is going to have to answer that for sure. I just know it's a fantastic drivetrain and the trucks are pretty nice.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If you chew an entire roll of Smarties at once it tastes exactly like Red Bull.

My girl gets 9 hours of paid time off every 80 hours she works. What the gently caress!?

Don't you get a month off for every couple you work? :v:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

30 days paid a year baby.

Granted I'm also usually gone for 9 months a year :v: two more loving years and I'll be in a nice civilian job, hating life for the same reasons the rest of you do.

Unless I let people talk me into staying in. I've been in the navy for 7 years, made E6 at 5 years, so I could technically ride out the next thirteen and retire at age 41 and get a paycheck for life. But gently caress me this poo poo is dumb as gently caress and I'm tired of the politics of it.

Oh you want a good eval? Better spend all of your off time and $100+ a month on volunteer poo poo! Plus god loving drat am I tired of running.

Edit: also the GTI I bought has techtonics tuning 268 cams in it. My machinist buddy also broke an ez out off in one of the stripped head bolts, sooooo who loving knows what now.

My father-in-law always tells stories like this. "I was just going to stay in the Army for a few more years!" 30 some odd years later, retires as a Colonel, and months later goes to work for the DoD. :v:

Guess he couldn't stay away.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

The new Roadkill is absolutely incredible. If they keep putting out episodes like that it'll be worth the 7 bucks a month for Motor Trend On Demand.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

scuz posted:

Still not gonna pay 7 bucks per month on a single hour of web TV cuz I don't have much interest in the other Motor Trend shows.

You get a LOT of live racing too, that's what swayed me. Here's the list of events from their site.

MotorTrend site posted:

Adac GT Masters
Asia Pacific Rally Championship
Audi Sport TT Cup
Australasian Safari
Australian V8 Utes
Bathurst 12 hours
Bike Road Racing UK & Ireland
Blancpain Endurance & GT Championships
BRDC Formula 4 Championship
British GT Championship
British Touring Car Championship
Canadian Superbikes
DTM ChampionshipDubai 24 Hour
European Historic Sports Cars
European Lemans Series
Ferrari Challenge
FIA F3 Championship
FIM Endurance World Challenge
FIM Freestyle World Challenge
FIM Motocross World Championship
FIM Superenduro Championship
FIM Trial World Championship
Goodwood Festival of Speed
GT Asia
Lamborghini TrofeoMaserati Trofeo
Monaco Historic Grand Prix
MotoAmerica
New Zealand Rally Championship
North American Endurocross
Nurburgring 24 Hour
Pirelli World Challenge
Porsche Carrera Cup
SKUSA - Superkarts USA
TCR Asia Series
TCR Series
Toyota Racing Series
V8 Supercars Championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Welp, caught a guy jerking off in his car today at work. What a fantastic day. Made eye contact with him and he slammed his ipad away, tucked in his junk, and booked it out of the lot.

Can't wait until his inevitable computer problems and I have to go talk to him.

"Sir, let me just enter a few keySTROKES and you'll be finished."

"Don't want to JERK YOU AROUND... been a little busy today."

• Locked thread