Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah, new thread is based off of GMT or Eastern, you idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
FPGAs are basically the linear algebra of logic based electronics.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
MGS2 is the most important game of 2015.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

The Miata thread has been hilarious for the last day or so.

REG DATE BRO

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You see, the national deficit is much like a household budget where you have a printing press in the basement and

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kimbo305 posted:

The buyback money I got for my Viper is already starting to burn a hole in my pocket. My random thoughts so far:
- Ferrari 348
- Solstice GXP (seem the same price as NCs)
- an already built Factory 5 818

348s are cheap enough that I can get one and have the funds to keep it running. I think 355s are rising in price, and pushing 348s down because of it.
A 348 would tick off 3 things I want on my car ownership checklist: gated shifter, midengine, Italian.

The 818 ticks MR and <2000lbs, and it's only $20k.

ZZW30 MR2 with a 2GR swap.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's also a bunch of one off poo poo that you need to do like using Lotus Evora parts to get everything to play nice.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BraveUlysses posted:

Non turbo baja? what's the loving point?

They don't want their ringlands to spontaneously combust?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MustardFacial posted:

1969 Toyota Corolla Sprinter - $3500.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5144377244.html

What do you think AI, worth it?

Get the Baja.

The new SimCity is what did it for me. What a steaming piece of poo poo that game was.

I watched a bunch of people play Cities: Skylines, but Paradox knows what's up. No DRM on their games and they have quite the following. Instead of burning a poo poo load of calories on making sure h4x0rzz, they spend it on making good games.

That said, the copy protection schemes of consoles back in the day are rad as hell and checking SRAM is like a few lines of code.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MustardFacial posted:

If you're interested in that kind of thing, here's bunnie's blog on hacking the original xbox

I had one from geohot about the PS3 as well, but I can't find it right now. I'll link it if I find it again.

I'm talking more like the piracy check in Earthbound that would greatly increase the number of enemies on the screen and would softlock and erase your save at the end boss.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The N5 is such a solid phone otherwise, which makes it's power button issue just that more stupid.

I'm jumping ship next week for more expensive pastures. :toot:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What the gently caress: an opened, but closed in a cool/covered space, jug of oil just leaked all over my garage. Ughhhh

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
That said, if you dare to bring up that stock-for-stock, a 350Z is faster than an S2000, everyone will be demanding your head on a stick. Sometimes the truth hurts.

They're fat, don't handle particularly well, don't make extraordinary power, and aren't a steal by any stretch of the imagination.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Residency Evil posted:

What is that? :stare:

edit: C5? Christ that looks terrible.

That's the beauty of it: GM designed the interior to be removed. Seriously, look at this passenger handle on the dash:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Pick a lane, jackass.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Awww yiss, went to the store and made some oyakodon while drinking some tasty Spanish wine. It was a real labor of love.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

I think the biggest appeal is: If you connect to an SSH session, it automatically also opens SFTP so I can grab/drop files from a system without dancing around a separate client.

:aaa: This would be useful for me.

In other news, C&D's Lightning Lap is out.

ND: 3:20.8
Ecoboost Moosewang: 3:15.6
Golf R: 3:12.3
Affffffff 4C: 3:08.8
Moosewang GT: 3:05.2
AMG C63 S: 2:59.2
911 GT3: 2:50.4
Huracan LP610-4: 2:47.5
McLaren 650S Spider: 2:45.8
Vette Zed Oh Sixer: 2:44.6

I'm the most impressed with the Mustang GT time, but that Z06 lap is loving insane. The only thing faster than it is the 918.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6HvjJisMA

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Always 4get (this thread)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Miata's are about tossing it into a corner with reckless abandon.

Ugh... I have another 3 dumb weeks. :(

That said, Emilio's working on a fastback hardtop that will be available Q1 2016. :getin:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My car is sexy as gently caress and you are all just haters driving Miatas. My warranty will outlive the entirety of your poo poo-box car.

This is going to come in handy later.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Drove the Lexus this weekend and found 6.5 seconds on VIR Full Course.

A good weekend.

(too bad I skipped all studying fffffffff)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Slow is Fast posted:

Do you know how much go fast parts I could buy with how much a wedding costs??!?

You can't race your wife...?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rocket League is completely messed up. I'm just going to play Super Metroid instead. :mad:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Do you count riding in heavy (suburban) traffic, period, to be fairly safe bicycle behavior? Genuine question, I'm curious.

Let's leave right and wrong out of this, because on a bicycle or any other vulnerable vehicle, even if it's not your fault, it's sure as poo poo your *problem* - My parents have drilled that into me as soon as they let me put on a helmet and ride on the road.

edit:// I'd like to help clarify my victim-blaming mentality here. Back in 2008 or 2009, I was rear-ended by some drunk teenager not paying attention, and deep inside, I considered it slightly my fault because I was hauling rear end like a jackass (mistake 1: I don't know if he was trying to keep up, -1 for lack of awareness) and then braked very hard for a turnoff (BMW 330ci with summer tires and Hawk HPS pads so it could stop dangerously quickly) and didn't look behind me to see if there was some chucklefuck in a truck bearing down on me, which I have since learned to do.
edit2:// it was very late at night, back roads

First off, gently caress you.

Second off, if you think that Hawk HPS stops cars quickly, I have a motherfucking bridge to sell you.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BraveUlysses posted:

You guys actually pay attention to gas prices? I just remember the 2-3 places that it's cheapest at and give no fucks what the price is.

There are a few people here where it is useful (see: STR being a pizza driver), but burning calories over regional gas prices? Eh, who cares.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Lol @ vw

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
^^ Yeah, they do.

I'm surprised that VW was the only real manufacturer bringing over diesels (outside of Mercedes for a few models and BMW briefly) and was able to do it considering the somewhat backwards restrictions on particulates. I have never been to the west coast, but people who grew up in LA can definitely preach to the efficiency of catalytic converters and rigorous emissions.

It's definitely a price to pay, but we have a responsibility to not gently caress up the environment more than we "need" to. I welcome our 50 cc and electric motor racing league overlords.

Tusen Takk posted:

Defund the EPA?
:confuoot:

gently caress you.

Phone fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 21, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tusen Takk posted:

It's a joke lol, all the libertarians are already on Facebook screaming how Ron Paul was right and VW is their hero

Jesus

Poe's Law is a real bitch when you're posting.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tusen Takk posted:

Would you like me to use quotes or italics when I'm being ironic? everyone else usually gets it

Last week you rolled into the yossec thread with a virus trying to further trojan itself on your box via a Facebook pop up.

Like I said, Poe's Law is a mother fucker when you post.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Friar Zucchini posted:

I'd make the argument that the very fact that it's a laboratory test alone means that the system is fundamentally broken. If they want to estimate how cars do in the real world, actually test them in the real world. That way when car makers try to game the system, they accidentally improve IRL fuel consumption. Hire drivers to drive every new car around all day long for like two weeks, just chilling and driving like normal people drive, with a prudent mix of traffic variety, and do some dirt simple math with distance driven and fuel consumed, and you're done. One of the car magazines has a deal with some fuel company where they do just that, with a standard fuel mix and a standard driving route to minimize variables that might skew data, but it's not the guvmint so it's not *official*.

There are plenty of problems with testing methodologies and whatnot; however, being able to control for as many variables is important when doing A/B testing. It's not perfect or will 100% reflect "real world" uses, but a part of any decent testing regiment is to find deficiencies in the testing procedures and work to fix them.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ssjonizuka posted:

what do you think this is? ISO9000?

THIS IS THE WAY WE ALWAYS DONE IT YOU GOT A PROBLEM MAN!?!?!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Great Beer posted:

Welp, I bought a miata. rip me.

Looks like you got the Sport brakes. On the subject of emissions defeating, go grab an MS3 and unlock all of the ponies.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SuperDucky posted:

If you were anywhere near as eloquent as 14" you could post about whatever the gently caress you liked and no one would give a poo poo.

Instead you sound like a 17 year old trying to be edgy.

gently caress you, dad/boss foreman.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bring back lf

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sigma X posted:

You have a problem, FYI.

How would you do that?

Take a page out of Germany's book.

I know that you'll rat me out to the appropriate LAN threads, but also end collegiate sports.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ilkhan posted:

Sounds good to the people who have poo poo jobs, never pay taxes, and keep voting Democrat.
Not so good to the rest of us.

Nothing in life is free.

If you're complaining about taxes, you're not nearly as rich as you think you are.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tusen Takk posted:

I have some serious poe's law on this one. Phone, what do you think?

WWTTD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tusen Takk posted:

backpedal and claim it was a joke! duh!!

I knew there was always a good poster in there. :unsmith:

• Locked thread