Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
So I finished this last night and it was everything.

I mistakenly watched the first 2 episodes of Owarimonogatari before realising there were 50-odd episodes that preceded them. So I went back and watched them all in broadcast order and I DO NOT REGRET IT.

That fight in Kizu III!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Budget Prefuse posted:

The Monogatari anime series is an adaptation of a popular light novel series that follows the adventures of ex-vampire Koyomi Ararararagi as he builds the most incredible harem ever seen in anime and solves his friends supernatural problems. The upcoming anime Owarimonogatari (coming out in October) will focus on mysterious boy/girl weirdo Ougi.

Monogatari FTW!!!!!!

So, how did this guy become an ex vampire?

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

He was killed and went to Hell, and then came back without the vampirism. It was part of a plan to solve his town’s weirdness (one that he wasn’t in on!)

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
I am glad I found NisiOisiN’s detective manga The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami today as waiting between doses releases would have been unbearable

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

I am glad I found NisiOisiN’s detective manga The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami today as waiting between doses releases would have been unbearable

this seems suspiciously like trash. Is nisioisin actially good?? is the thematic and narrative depth of monogatari a fluke??

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

I just finished the first Zaregoto LN and I enjoyed it a lot. It's full of quirky characters and the angst of youth so it should appeal to Monogatari fans.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

fairlight posted:

this seems suspiciously like trash. Is nisioisin actially good?? is the thematic and narrative depth of monogatari a fluke??

Katanagatari and Medaka Box are also super good, so not a total fluke at least.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nisio is the type of fellow who, if given the chance to gently caress with his readership, will do so with gusto. I can't completely hate that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno if he's good but he's definitely an interesting writer. Interpret as you wish.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1045602297189883904

>it's an "everyone's personalities flipped" episode

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Space Flower posted:

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1045602297189883904

>it's an "everyone's personalities flipped" episode

There's a suspicious lack of goatees though :confused:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

so is that just a single movie or what

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Super Jay Mann posted:

There's a suspicious lack of goatees though :confused:

You can't spoil the best part in the preview.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I used my work bonus debit card thing to start collecting Blurays of this series, only to find out that doing so is likely to be very annoying in addition to too expensive because several of the middle parts of the series are now out of stock, potentially forever.

I guess maybe there will be a non-limited editon collected series someday? Maybe? But also maybe not? Very annoying!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thank you spooky ougi

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The entire (I think) LN series is currently available for purchase on humble bundle for $20.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/monogatari-kodansha-books

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hella good, thanks for the heads up

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Huh! These were never available in digital before.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Humble Bundle has another Monogatari bundle for those of you missed the previous one. Also includes some other stuff like KATANAGATARI LN's and the Monogatari manga.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...tm_medium=email

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

This annoys me because The Pretty Boy in the Attic still isn't for sale as an ebook anywhere except this bundle, and it came out in paperback in April.