Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mukip posted:

Then what does the U stand for.

University. Because that's where David Cameron hosed A Dead Pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Seriously, you might as well have turned up at the conservative party conference and announced that Cameron hosed a pig. Because they've all hosed dead pigs. They are the party for pig fuckers, by pig fuckers.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
The plebs outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; The man was David Cameron and the pigs head was resting in the lap of another man.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Alchenar posted:

I see the thread hasn't touched the fact that McDonnell had Corbyn's son working in his office and has now appointed him Chief of Staff.

Because you know, Corybn's principled stand on not giving his children a privileged upbringing by sending them to a comprehensive is totally consistent with him getting his mate to give them a job in parliament.
I didn't know this either. But to be honest, my straight off gut reaction is that the son of Jeremy Corbyn is probably a politically active, committed public servant who's been immersed in left-wing politics his whole life. I don't even know his name, it's totally an assumption, but he's probably in his 30s or 40s and is qualified for the job if it comes under question.

It's like how Corbyn gave his mate Tony Benn's kid a job in the shadow cabinet. I doubt there's any nepotism going on.

Edit: Seb Corbyn is 25 and was active in Corbyn's campaign. The only understanding of the Chief of Staff role is from the West Wing, and he's too young to do that. For the Shadow chancellor though, maybe.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 30, 2015

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

Also did you come to a thread that is basically D&D's communist Motherbase

I didn't know this.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Honestly, my suspicion is that this kind of semi-nepotistic stuff happens a lot in politics, because a LOT of politicians start out running their campaign from their kitchen with the help of their family, and the family just.... keeps on doing what they always did throughout the life of the politician.

Which, given that the family is pretty much indelibly public now, it only seems fair to me that they should have official, paid positions.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
It seems like Corbyn Jr spent the campaign running around sorting stuff out for McDonnell anyway. It makes total sense that someone who pitches in and gets their hands dirty for a campaign should get a plum job as a reward, regardless of who their dad is.

It's not like he's some teenager who was sat in his pants wanking and eating chips and now suddenly he's the Chief of Staff.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Pissflaps posted:

I didn't know this.

I get the impression that the independence referendum finally broke it, but it felt like it was a LF relic for a long rear end time. They used to legitimately argue about who was more bourgeoisie without a shred of irony.

e: David Cameron loving a dead pig will go down in the annals of character assassination. It's breathtakingly perfectly positioned between being just embarrassing enough to be on this side of revolting, and just believable enough to be on this side of outlandish. It wouldn't have worked on other politicians, people would have dismissed it about Gordon Brown, for example: it lands uncannily perfectly in his public schoolboy image, it's just so...feasible that it captures the imagination like wildfire.

David Cameron hosed a dead pig and nothing will ever be the same again.

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 30, 2015

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

CoolCab posted:

I get the impression that the independence referendum finally broke it, but it felt like it was a LF relic for a long rear end time. They used to legitimately argue about who was more bourgeoisie without a shred of irony.

That's easy it's Jakiri.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

CoolCab posted:

Every now and then someone would come in and post "if you went to university, you're posh" and you couldn't move for the massively defensive posts.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hoops posted:

Every now and then someone would come in and post "if you went to university, you're posh" and you couldn't move for the massively defensive posts.

Heh yeah there's a lot of student types in this thread.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

That's easy it's Jakiri.

Boat races are a sign of early facism imo.

Also I am sorry for calling you a massive oval office and saying it was good for you to have a stroke. I was drinking because of general cancer fear and moody but that is no excuse.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

Boat races are a sign of early facism imo.

Also I am sorry for calling you a massive oval office and saying it was good for you to have a stroke. I was drinking because of general cancer fear and moody but that is no excuse.

What about claiming your love film job was part of a pyramid scheme ?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I don't remember any of this.

It was when I was describing what happened in my "not a pyramid scheme job but it's really dodgy and borderline illegal" job.

And again, there's no excuse for how I acted towards you.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Hoops posted:

On my first day at university a girl told me "you're posh if you dinnae ken a prostitute". That is how I have measured poshness since.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The veterans of the Scottish independence thread - from both sides - have forged a strong bond in the red hot fire of mature, reasoned debate, tempered in the cooling waters of fully sourced argument.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hoops posted:

What happened to General China by the way?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DrWrestling69 posted:

On my first day at university a girl told me "you're posh if you dinnae ken a prostitute". That is how I have measured poshness since.

Ken't in the biblical sense or ken personally?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

DrWrestling69 posted:

Ken in the biblical sense?

e: ^ :argh:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DrWrestling69 posted:

A fellow UWS alumni, how are you?

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

I feel pretty good then, since my rent boy pal is posher than me on every other measure.

EDIT: Bwahaha, ok, I'm not proley enough to not laugh at Paisley uni.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

tooterfish posted:

He's been evicted from his castle.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

OwlFancier posted:

Ken't in the biblical sense or ken personally?

Personally.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Gonzo McFee posted:

I am but this was actually at Dundee.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

He's been evicted from his castle.
drat, I had completely forgotten about that little episode

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Gonzo McFee posted:

I want to believe you can identify their university by that phrase, as if that's something said to every UWS student upon registration to remove any doubts. Don't correct me.

e: or maybe you were telling some variety of what you humans call a 'joke', this is also a possibility.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think I know any prostitutes but I would be inclined to put that mostly down to a lot of my peers being sex fiends. Can't charge for what everyone's getting for free.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's in the School song.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

tooterfish posted:

Has a gambling addiction, he always wanted Tibet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Can't charge for what everyone's getting for free.
Looks like somebody's not on the Conservative NHS future planning think tank.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

What happened to that guy who seemed constantly down on his luck and could never get a job despite having lots of qualifications. I forgot his name. That guy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Regarde Aduck posted:

What happened to that guy who seemed constantly down on his luck and could never get a job despite having lots of qualifications. I forgot his name. That guy.

I hear he was elected the leader of the Labour Party.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

The one who always blamed immigrants and had a badger av?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
October thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744513

Not sure if anything can come along to top this month's double bill though.

• Locked thread