Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

"Riding a Maoist bicycle" isn't an allegation. It's barely even a coherent sentence.

"David Cameron hosed a dead pig" on the other hand is an allegation. It alleges specific, arguably reprehensible conduct.

I know. But every post I make talking to this dude/tte/maoist bike is another post I get to type David Cameron hosed a dead pig into. I could copy and paste David Cameron hosed a dead pig into my posts but I type it every time. It makes my day a little brighter.

Come to the UK, our prime minister porked a piggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd say the big difference is that the book about Cameron involved months of research and interviews with his fellow MP's, friends and associates and the Corbyn bike thing is desperate journalists throwing out any old poo poo and hoping it sticks.

Also Cameron isn't suing because "He doesn't have the time" despite that being what lawyers are for and his own brother is a high profile lawyer who'd presumably work at mates rates for him.

He hosed a pig. A dead one. In it's wee piggy gob.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Party Boat posted:

What if it was a Maoist unicorn?

Nah, Unicorns are all Trots.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'd say the big difference is that the book about Cameron involved months of research and interviews with his fellow MP's, friends and associates and the Corbyn bike thing is desperate journalists throwing out any old poo poo and hoping it sticks.

Also Cameron isn't suing because "He doesn't have the time" despite that being what lawyers are for and his own brother is a high profile lawyer who'd presumably work at mates rates for him.

He hosed a pig. A dead one. In it's wee piggy gob.

I read an article about how he might not be suing because parts of the book are true - and maybe they can be verified. So hes in a bind over calling out the lies and making the rest look like truth or calling it all out and maybe being ousted for the drug using. If that's true then its bloody brilliant.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
*awkwardly forces flaccid, shy weiner into the cold maw of a dead pig, in the vain hope that this will win me the begrudging acceptance (but never the respect) of the drunk arseholes around me who are egging me on and calling me a tosser*

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I will in the future expect Jeremy Corbyn to issue a statement explicitly denying every claim the media make about him (but only so long as it's literally possible for him to have done it! because D&D goons are obtuse jerks), and if he fails to deny whatever it is on any given day then that is "notable".

Mukip fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 30, 2015

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
If Corbyn rides a Maoist bicycle, so does BoJo. Hell, BoJo's are much more Maoist, they're communal after all.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mukip posted:

I will in the future expect Jeremy Corbyn to issue a statement explicitly denying every claim made about him (but only so long as it's literally possible for him to have done it! because D&D goons are disingenuous jerks).

David Cameron slammed his sausage into porky pig

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We aren't disingenuous, we all think Cameron hosed a dead pig.

We're very up front about this. It says as much on the door. UKMT: Cameron hosed a pig.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Mukip posted:

I will in the future expect Jeremy Corbyn to issue a statement explicitly denying every claim made about him (but only so long as it's literally possible for him to have done it! because D&D goons are disingenuous jerks).

Go for it :) No one here is stopping you from doing that.

David Cameron (still) hosed a dead pig (probably)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Why is no-one able to answer my Maoist bicycle question? :(

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mukip posted:

I will in the future expect Jeremy Corbyn to issue a statement explicitly denying every claim the media make about him (but only so long as it's literally possible for him to have done it! because D&D goons are obtuse jerks), and if he fails to deny whatever it is on any given day then that is "notable".

You are Rupert Murdoch and I claim my five pounds.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mukip posted:

because D&D goons are disingenuous

Mukip posted:

because D&D goons are obtuse
....are you ....are you just picking random words without knowing what they mean lmao

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Gonzo McFee posted:

NHS is loving amazing news: My Surgery went well and I am now cancer free for the time being!

Congrats Gonzo, great news.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Is this a Maoist bicycle?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mukip posted:

You picked the dumbest example because so what if Corbyn rides moaist bikes it's not like we live in a Pixar film where every time no humans are around it comes to life and starts massively flawed agricultural plans that result in famine.

Where as David Cameron loving a dead pig is a big deal because it turns out that the prime minister is exactly the type of person who can be goaded into loving a literal dead pig.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Noxville posted:

Out of interest, what's a Maoist bicycle?

One where the wheels are supposed to be in continuous revolution but actually stop after just the one, pitching you over the handle bars and killing millions.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

NHS is loving amazing news: My Surgery went well and I am now cancer free for the time being!

Aah this is cool, congrats dude.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

big scary monsters posted:

One where the wheels are supposed to be in continuous revolution but actually stop after just the one, pitching you over the handle bars and killing millions.

loving :laffo:

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Gonzo McFee posted:

Where as David Cameron loving a dead pig is a big deal because it turns out that the prime minister is exactly the type of person who can be goaded into loving a literal dead pig.

Jeremy Corbyn is exactly the sort of person who would be a Maoist.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gah I was trying to think of a permanent revolution joke but couldn't come up with one.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mukip posted:

We can only hope.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I see the thread hasn't touched the fact that McDonnell had Corbyn's son working in his office and has now appointed him Chief of Staff.

Because you know, Corybn's principled stand on not giving his children a privileged upbringing by sending them to a comprehensive is totally consistent with him getting his mate to give them a job in parliament.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The thing that's going to drag on Cameron isn't the fact he allegedly may or may not have hosed a dead pig. It's that everyone heard about the news and instantly thought "yeah, that's something I could believe he did at university".

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Alchenar posted:

I see the thread hasn't touched the fact that McDonnell had Corbyn's son working in his office and has now appointed him Chief of Staff.

Because you know, Corybn's principled stand on not giving his children a privileged upbringing by sending them to a comprehensive is totally consistent with him getting his mate to give them a job in parliament.

I had no idea you were party to John McDonnell's appointments process. The access this thread has eh?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Alchenar posted:

yeah but David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

:vince:

Has anyone managed to make a decent Corbs smiley yet?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The pig is the only dangerous weapon in the whole book, there's no "what's actually important here is..." despite what any commenter is saying. He's not suing so the story can go away quicker.

There's really only two other things that have been picked up as far as I can tell. He did drugs at uni (obviously no-one cares) and that he knew about Ashcroft's non-dom status earlier than he said. The non-Dom thing is undoubtably true in my book, and we all recognise it as a classic Tory scum move. But most people just don't care, it's chattering classes stuff. People vote for the tories knowing full well that sort of back-scratching hush hush stuff goes on. They're just not that outraged by it, it's not what gets their motor running.

I've seen journalists acting like its the Real Story here. All that will happen is a front bencher getting some tough questions on Newsnight about it then it'll get forgotten about as we all move on.

What will not be forgotten about it Cameron loving a dead pig.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mukip posted:

Also did you come to a thread that is basically D&D's communist Motherbase and try to rile people up by calling Big Jezza Corbae a communist lmao

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

yeah but David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

Pictured. (Pig out of shot).

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Gonzo McFee posted:

Also did you come to a thread that is basically D&D's communist Motherbase and try to rile people up by calling Big Jezza Corbae a communist lmao

Why isn't it the UK Communist Megathread then?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I do have to feel sorry for Corbae, though. I imagine that he's reminiscing at night about the halcyon days of Gordon Brown's cabinet unity. :smith:

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Alchenar posted:

I didn't know this, thanks for sharing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mukip posted:

That's what the k stands for.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mukip posted:

Because communism is for everyone.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Mukip posted:

We don't have a quota system and it's not our fault if rightwing posters start blithering on about the political views of bicycles.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's what the k stands for.

Then what does the U stand for.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mukip posted:

Whatever the party has decided it should recently.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Mukip posted:

United, what did you think it was going to be? :v:

e: Ignore splitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Mukip posted:

I'd assume that is because they want to suggest that it's too stupid to even respond to, and unless there's some evidence then it really is. They aren't going to fall into the trap of letting the newspapers print the headline "PM denies loving a pig".

It's a comparison to similar types of media claims made about Ed in the past.

Can't understand why the press didn't go with that headline anyway. If he's going to be sneaky and pretend he denied something the press might as well be disingenuous and take him at his word.

He'd then have to deny denying he hosed a dead pig, which would be even worse.

• Locked thread