Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like the oil refinery because it feels entirely different if you're infiltrating sneakily vs. outright assaulting it. I don't even know how to describe it, really, it just feels like a whole different level either way you do it, with the way the enemies react and you interact with the environment. It's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing that I don't like about the refinery is that it reminds me of the most annoying part of MGSV and its that big boss forgot how to swim.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The only thing that I don't like about the refinery is that it reminds me of the most annoying part of MGSV and its that big boss forgot how to swim.

It was actually where I died for the first time because I misjudged how deep the water off to the side was. It looked like it was safe I didn't know!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

It was actually where I died for the first time because I misjudged how deep the water off to the side was. It looked like it was safe I didn't know!

You didn't die once until pitch dark? Respect

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

You didn't die once until pitch dark? Respect

Tbf I streamlined the main story missions up to then because I wanted Africa unlocked. I think the closest I got to dying before that was Hellbound.

frank.club posted:

Africa map is crazy

frank.club posted:

Wish that the instant death water was more defined
I just looked through my posts because I remember making one when I died for the first time. There are 6 minutes between these posts lol

frank.club fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 22, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died in Africa very quickly because I was hiding in a house in the first village and D-Dog identified a row of what I thought were animals because the marks were really low to the ground so I popped out the window to bag and tag em and got instantly lit up by 6 child soldiers wielding AKs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I died in Africa very quickly because I was hiding in a house in the first village and D-Dog identified a row of what I thought were animals because the marks were really low to the ground so I popped out the window to bag and tag em and got instantly lit up by 6 child soldiers wielding AKs

Hahah I once domed the poo poo out of a child soldier in reflex mode because he was obscured by a little hill and foliage.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I didn't die at all until first Quiet mission but frequently had to restart because i wanted to get higher ranks

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
S ranked the first quiet mission on my first try without getting hit:arnie:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I can't remember where but I'm positive I read an interview where someone said they were going to have swimming but they couldn't make the controls feel right or something and it was such a small part of the game they just ditched it. It really sucks infiltrating in scuba gear would've been awesome

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

There is so much incredibl dlc that could've been made for this game. Snowy mountain level with skiing and mountain climbing, small boats, HALO jumps, big boss could fly in on a loving hot air balloon and I would've bought it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

...where I died for the first time...

frank.club posted:

...in reflex mode...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am... am I being trolled?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I S-ranked every missions first try and never got spotted once in my entire play through and never been caught on an FOB so eat that you ducking turd BABIES!!!!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never said I didn't get caught!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Am... am I being trolled?

Im just joshing with you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just turned off reflex mode during the prologue mission and never went back

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*slides katana back into sheath* good...

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I died in the first mission because I hid under the bed in Kaz's room and then couldn't get out when a soldier spotted me

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

frank.club posted:

S ranked the first quiet mission on my first try without getting hit:arnie:

I died a bunch of times but defeated her by running straight at her and doing the Six Million $ Punch a few times

No I didn't have a sniper rifle

Also somehow an S rank

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

I thought it didn't count the helicopter deaths as "lethal" anyway

you could also damage them enough so they catch fire and fly back to hq or wherever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

you could also damage them enough so they catch fire and fly back to hq or wherever.

:staredog:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i took one out with an assault rifle cos its all i had and thats how it went haha.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ill keep that in mind for my OSP-only run.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

You've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Big Boss, and you're R2.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Edit: actually that was probably a dick move

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I had trouble s ranking extreme codetalker until i learned you could climb the cliffs down from the landing zone and bypass all the snipers

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I had trouble s ranking extreme codetalker until i learned you could climb the cliffs down from the landing zone and bypass all the snipers

Same. Ride DWalker all the way to s rank

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3uj7sp/star_wars_the_phantom_arm_more_than_coincidence/

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
this guy just wants to ruin the fun:

ReyneOfFire posted:

This has been discussed so many times already. It is a coincidence. Nothing more.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Wow.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, i never managed to see this twice, but one time i was doing a heros way (like mission 3 or something), and i got an alert, and a freaking tank showed up (like a real one as well, not even an apc). i have a million heroism but ive only seen it once and it was in that mission. anyone else had stuff like that happen yet? i see guard posts call in helicopters quite a lot but never a tank

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
how cool would it be if missions started having tanks and helicopters deployed as part of the regular patrol . maybe it does and u just need a retarded amount of heroism for it to happen/. mama mia

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing that happened to me once and never again was when I held a guy up and told him to lie down and walked away and as I was walking away he whispered in an alert. The dialogue was unique too, like "Enemy got the drop on me, I'm in serious danger" or something

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

The only thing that happened to me once and never again was when I held a guy up and told him to lie down and walked away and as I was walking away he whispered in an alert. The dialogue was unique too, like "Enemy got the drop on me, I'm in serious danger" or something

ive never seen that :-O

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
logged on after a few days and checked out my rewards

I.N.R.I posted:

how cool would it be if missions started having tanks and helicopters deployed as part of the regular patrol . maybe it does and u just need a retarded amount of heroism for it to happen/. mama mia

i was hoping the walker gears would show up and do patrols in the wild. you only really see them in missions.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
man i did so much fob stuff i have like captured 100 Razor Hedgehogs lol. i made it to rank 120 in the world purely just from doing 2 or 3 invasions a day but im probably down to rank 2000 or something by now.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Action Tortoise posted:

logged on after a few days and checked out my rewards

i was hoping the walker gears would show up and do patrols in the wild. you only really see them in missions.

This happened to my roommate too. Got like 97 A soldiers at once.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Did you do a bunch of fob missions and forget about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

are you sure that actually happened. i mean it sounds loving cool but i've never seen anybody else mention this.

• Locked thread