Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Klaus88 posted:

At this point they should just shoot the bitch and get it over with. :toughguy:

This brings us too close to gunchat for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Boon posted:

You never miss an opportunity to poo poo post, eh?

I spent quite a bit of time in Japan where tipping can be actually offensive, turns out norms are pretty flexible, fishmech. Tipping at a Chipotle is very wierd to me and I'm sure many others.

It'd be weird if management at a Japanese McDonald's then decided to include a tip line unless their aim was to directly insult employees.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Boon posted:

Well yeah, but I'm not talking about Japanese McD's. I'm just using that as an example that tipping isn't the same everywhere, including the different regions of the US.

I'm genuinely curious though, because it's not established at McD's to tip. So if they started adding a tip line, would he tip? That seems really weird to me if he did.

Why? McDonald's employees are probably more in need of a tip given that they are likely making less than what an employee at any other higher end fast food would be making.

I don't see what point you are trying to make though. If the receipt doesn't have a tip line then I don't see anyone adding it themselves.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

HootTheOwl posted:

What if there's no line, but a Jar?

I don't tip at any place where I do the bussing and bring my food to the table.
Even if they don't do it for that time (like take-out)

I guess though I don't carry cash but judging from the "pennies for leukemia kids" jars McDonald's likes to have I doubt they'll get much.

If you yourself don't tip fine but generally they are appreciated. "Thank you for trading my paper currency for life saving beef patties".

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mdemone posted:

But do I tip at a bar & grill when I'm picking up take-out from the bartender? She has to go get the food and ring me up, after all.

Depending on the place those get split among the house, the person that took the order and took it to the kitchen, the people that made the food, packaged it up, and then rang you up.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not quite what I wanted. I was hoping for a fine of $1000 which would double every day until she caved. This just makes her a martyr for bigots.

It makes it more dramatic certainly but she is going to be played as a victim regardless.

At least this way the office is able to function with her out of the way.

Though my understanding is someone in her office would be made "Acting Clerk" and carry on her duties until she is no longer incapacitated.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nachos posted:

that money is endless though

Ultra rich don't like using their own money and instead make a call for donations to various charities or interest groups so a shot against regular supporters doesn't exactly help them either.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
This is USPol. Please keep your feelings classified.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

Fun fact, today is National Baby Back Ribs day. And while National Hamburger day was just last week, National Cheeseburger day is on the 12th

September 18th

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

SquadronROE posted:

I don't think she's really being manipulated, but she totally just wants to be persecuted. Now that she is really persecuted, I bet she is reveling in it in her heart of hearts.

She won't even swat that fly. And they'll look and they'll see. She wouldn't even hurt a fly.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

Only Bobby Jindal has the courage to stand up to the government in the name of Personal Jesus.

reach out and touch faith mow mow na now mow mow

Bobby Jindal hears her prayers, someone who cares.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Cabbit posted:

Apparently she has a better idea, which is don't put her name on the license.

Nah. For one it'd let her save face.

Never mind the fact it could pose legal problems down the line.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

VitalSigns posted:

Remember when he was looking for WMD's behind White House furniture? What a card.

Tbf you find some unexpected stuff when you clean in and under the couch.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

TBF Colin Powell isn't a reputable source for whether or not countries have WMDs.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
If prayer can cure diabetes you'd think he'd recommend praying her out.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Sir Tonk posted:

C'mon, that's the kind of guy that has someone load his lumber for him and then threatens people on the internet. He's not going to pull his gun on anyone that isn't in a wheelchair already.

I for one would rather my representative to be of the moral character that would pull a gun on anyone, regardless of race, creed, or physical ability.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mdemone posted:

Well he's also explicitly compared Obergefell to Dred Scott which should basically be a huge red flag to people with functioning brain stems.

Also Steve King said Kim Davis was like Rosa Parks, that one gave me heartburn for a bit.

I guess if Rosa Parks was being a douchebag by stretching herself across the aisle at the front of the bus so no one else could get on.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DemeaninDemon posted:

Huckabee gives no poo poo about what each branch can or cannot do so long as he can throw rancid meat at the vapid cunts that make up his target audience.

I rue the day Huckabee stumbled on the Doc's DeLorean and became governor instead of a general manager at his family style restaurant off of I-40.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

So should we nominate Cheney for the Nobel Prize?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

Cruz and Huckabee are in Kentucky today at a Tony Perkins rally in support of her.

Also in attendance: the group Jesus Loves Juggalos

Anyways question here is whether she will accept the offer by the judge. If she does then it blows her faux martyrdom out of the water.

How would that jive with her "ok just don't make me do my job and sign the certificates"?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Popular Thug Drink posted:

we'll see, spending a four day weekend in jail might have softened her edge. i'm sure most people who end up in jail really regret the events that brought them there after a few days, only this lady had a literal get out of jail free card in her pocket and decided to use it

They confiscate everything on your person after going in so I doubt it was in her pocket.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

So fun fact: The guy she's beating down there? He advocated that they pull a false flag attack to force a war between the US and Iran

Anyways, everybody remember that Colbert takes over the Late Show tonight, and Jeb Bush! is his first guest. Regardless of how it goes for Jeb I think Hilary will end up regretting not taking the offer when it came to her, it is going to be a lot of free eyeballs

Hell, are they going to stream it online afterwards? I think my cable shuts off at 12 so I don't think my DVR will work.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Now that I live in the DC area I really want to swing by that restaurant sometime just so I can see incompetence in action.

I hear the food isn't very good. Might not be worth it.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Don't just focus in Cledus in the middle. There is magic everywhere in this shot.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Crain posted:

Did anyone watch the Jeb! interview last night? How'd it go?

I recorded it last night. And then Verizon cut off my service a day early overnight.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

duz posted:

CBS puts it up on their website, you may need a VPN if you're not in the USA.

I signed up for the week trial and hasn't worked all day. I am just assuming they are putting in a 24 hour delay

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lotka Volterra posted:

Kind of hilarious that conservatives are saying we need to stop the iran deal specifically so things like syria don't happen again. Because going to war and destabilizing another country surely wouldn't add to the migrant crisis. :allears:

Well all we need to do is displace a large chunk of Shia and the other ethnic groups in Iran and the two should cancel each other out.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

RevKrule posted:

Let's take this a little more local for another game of "which two republican lawmakers are having affairs together!"

This time in Minnesota. Two lawmakers (both on the loving ETHICS COMMITTEE) were caught by a park ranger making out in the parking lot of a national park and where cited. When confronted with this evidence, what's their first instinct? Accuse the loving ranger of lying. When they finally decided to come clean, they apologized not to the ranger but instead to law enforcement as a whole.

Story: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/republicans-cited-making-apologize-park-ranger-33745240

Park rangers aren't real law enforcement so it's consistent with the audience's view

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

Bill Kristol has suggested to CNN that a Dick Cheney/Tom Cotton independent ticket could win 2016

Now let's not discount Kristol just yet. Stop and think about how entertaining watching Donald Trump go apeshit on Dick Cheney would be.

In 2006 Dick Cheney shot an innocent man in the face. Do you want Dick Cheney to shoot an innocent America in the face?

Sanders/Stallone 2016

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I get how risk analysis works but I can't fathom how replacing or updating some parts in 1000+ airplanes isn't cheaper than the possibility of having the deaths of hundreds and then the civil suits that'd follow for having a knowingly defective part.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

MariusLecter posted:

He's also getting invites from people at MIT.

:chanpop:

This kid is gonna go places.

Was MIT one of the schools that was a part of the Iranian student boondoggle some months back?

Edit: Nope doesn't appear so.

Good on you, MIT.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Sundae posted:

Wait... can you do this? (Well, clearly you can if you're a hosed up PD, but I mean legally.) Can you hold a minor and refuse to let him contact his parents in TX?

Maybe not legally. School faculty have been known to do pretty deplorable poo poo when they are on a power trip. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/25/AR2009062501690.html

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Well now the republicans have to come out against this kid somehow. They really don't have a choice.

"A 9th grader is the greatest threat to the USA"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

CommieGIR posted:

Seriously, why wasn't there some detective who went "Guys, this is going to make us just look like inbred morons if we actually try to press the issue about what is very obviously a clock."

I imagine between school violence fear mongering and Islamophobia it would be a pretty easy hurdle to clear.

That and dissent doesn't take well within the police, or The Police. I never got why Sting left.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Bonus Round! She sold technology to Iran.

She just wanted to secure Iran's printer ink reserves.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Tender Bender posted:

It seemed pretty clear that he was coached to be more aggressive and look strong by standing up to Trump but it just made him look like more of a wimp. Especially insisting that Trump should apologize to his wife and Trump just refusing to do so... Don't pick fights you can't win, man.

Which makes that weird low-5 seem even weirder in retrospect.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DaveWoo posted:

She'll probably take some from Carson, some from Jeb!, and a little from each of the others.

A little is all the rest have anyway.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mr Jaunts posted:

The thing about Fiorina, at least to me, was that she did well precisely because she didn't, well, debate. She spoke consistently because she was delivering clearly prewritten and well-rehearsed answers, and the answers she did give only sound good if you are completely ignorant of the facts

This sounds about right for a Presidential debate

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Trump: Bush should have pushed wife apology

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Trump just took that moment and made it his all over again.

"Why are you hitting yourself?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

fknlo posted:

Anyone else get the feeling that the push for Fiorina is just to try and get some more broads on board the GOP train?

It wouldn't surprise me if they expect Hillary will be the nominee and having Fiorina will take away the idea that the other's nominee could be the first woman president. GOP wants to win by changing itself as much as it can without actually changing itself.

• Locked thread