Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am assuming the girls poster says "obey God not the law" which is quite a scary idea to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

LMAO @ Supreme Court Bar Member, Brilliant Harvard and Princeton Grad and US Senator Ted Cruz going down there to pander to those dumb rubes and not even getting on the stage.

His desperate pandering is really sad for a guy who was a respected appeals laywer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Radish posted:

It's a little scary that Trump is starting to sound like the most reasonable candidate when you actually pay attention to what they are all actually pushing for and ignoring his bluster, and that actually establishment GOP guys consider the likes of Bush and Walker as the Serious and respectable politicians.

Exactly.
He's populist they are not. At its core the GOP is the least populist organization in the history of the Universe.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Roman Empire was founded on anti aristocratic populism so not really imho.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Possibly ancien regime France is more retarded popularly than the GOP.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guys give Hillary some credit. She didn't believe the Iraq war was right she only voted for it knowing it would be an issue in 2008 and and she miscalculated.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's not state level if you use RICO.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

When has ideological purity ever translated into good governance?

1793-1794

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tom cotton sounds like a William Faulkner character name.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Recognize Israel or recognize Israel as a Jewish state.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Im not watching but even an agreement to raise the min wage is a huge ideological victory.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

This is a big, big topic.

The essential points to remember/look over are:

-The decision of the US to bypass the UN when it felt that the UN was in the way of its strategic interest, thus damaging the UN's legitimacy as a global body.

-The rough breakdown of nations for the Iraq War (US, UK) and those against (France, Russia, China). It would help to look up France's reasoning behind throwing in with Russia over Iraq. Of particular interest would be Dominique de Villepin's address to the UN on February 14th, 2003. Mostly because de Villepin was proven correct by later events.

-The Powell presentation, why it failed to convince major US allies of the need to invade Iraq, and why Colin Powell specifically was chosen to make the presentation.

-Hans Blix's two rebuttals of Colin Powell's presentation in February and March, 2003.

-The fact that by December 2002, a war was a foregone conclusion because the US military buildup in Kuwait and SA had reached the point where it was impossible to call off.

That really was an amazing time period. It felt like "living in history" at the time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spun Dog posted:

Sure, but there's a degree of difference between the sins of the Mafia and some congressman from Bumblefuck Falls. (I would hope)

Mafia has ethics and a discernible ethos.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What % of PP budget is abortions.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

joeburz posted:

their logic is women bad sex bad but fetus good, dont try and give it any validity

Ive thought about this hard for 20 years and this is also the conclusions I come to.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gop really going strong after women's votes these days.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why won't the government get out of our way!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pope is just pontifex Maximus which is only one of many titles of the roman emperors.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

goose fleet posted:

How can they be for "religious freedom" and for the Constitution and support banning Islam?

This is a Christian nation.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Still a disgrace. Just not national.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Why didn't Bush get ripped up one side and down the other for 9/11? I mean aside from truthers.

He did. So he invaded Iraq to change the subject.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don't you remember Richard Clarke?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IMHO he started at a year because it would get less resistance and then hopefully he will have it continued once people are used to it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The pope is dictator or rex of the Vatican state but he is nowhere near the dictator of the RCC.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Young Freud posted:

I'm waiting for conservatives to stop considering Catholics as "white" and make the slur "Papist" popular again, dragging back out of the dustbin of history were it was discarded in the early 1900s.

Ha! More like the 1960s.

If it weren't for abortion imho Catholics would still be "the other".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"Put down your gavel and follow me"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

According to ABC News, it was the Pope's speech that did it.

The Spiritus Sanctus!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Those aren't titles of nobility.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

How about "Sovereign of the Vatican City State"?

If you are using the feudal meaning of the term the sovereign isn't properly included in the nobility because the nobility is the class of people enfeofed in the land in vassaled to the sovereign. For example in England the sovereign is not part of the peerage

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

monarchial def yes that's my point but not noble.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jesus Boehner said "My first job as speaker is to protect the institution".

poo poo is getting real on Capitol Hill.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Boehner would not be a bad vp at all except you know his name . His name sounds like Boner. Exactly like boner.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That is pretty shameful.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fojar38 posted:

I love the idea of a trillion dollar coin just because of how hilarious it is. Like do they make a coin, write "$1 trillion" on it, and then put it in a vault somewhere forever?

That's pretty much how our money works, yeah.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

It violates the checks and balance system by allowing the Executive branch to steamroll over the Legislative's power over appropriations.

except the legislature gave the executive that power

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fade5 posted:

He got a blowjob
he's Muslim
Benghazi
he's Black
he's a Democrat
Benghazi

He did a thing of questionable legality.

No no, not the trillion dollar coin, using the 2001 AUMF (which authorises military force against those responsible for the attacks on September 11, 2001) as justification for blowing up ISIL in Iraq and Syria.

Wait...:raise:

Obama actually asked for a new AUMF lol!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Honestly I would rather Obama just detain Republicans as enemy combatants.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just can't believe the pope would spend 15 minutes with her.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why do you keep using that stupid emoticon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dalael posted:

Because its beautiful. I unironically love it and believe it truly suits her. Therefore, I use it.

Got any other easy questions like that one?

Maybe you don't realize the nauseating overuse of it makes you appear to be immature, crackpot, misogynist, partisan buffoon?

• Locked thread