Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Can we go back to bread chat for a second because:

My Imaginary GF posted:

change of opinion, most american bread ethiopian sourbread

second most american bread naan

Naan is awesome, especially if you throw some brisket or tri-tip and cheese on it. It's my go-to post BBQ sandwich bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

JT Jag posted:

The tallest peaks on each continent is something you're taught in geography class, who knows how many people retain that knowledge though

I'm pretty sure the only thing public education teaches you is the precise amount of late night cramming you have to do to retain information long enough to pass a standardized test the following day.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Slaan posted:

Isn't Jeb! going to be one of the first guests on Stephen Colbert's new show next week?

I bet Colbert is salivating. Make a Presidential candidate break down on the first week and he'll be set in ratings for life.

He's already apparently irked Colbert:

quote:

As we’ve previously reported, Jeb Bush is set to be one of the guests on Colbert’s first episode, but apparently that honor wasn’t enough for him. According to Deadline, he also wants to guarantee that he has at least one supporter in the audience by raffling off a ticket to the show. Bush reportedly sent out an e-mail this week saying that everyone who donates at least $3 to his campaign will have a chance to win a trip to New York, a ticket to the taping, and an opportunity to have dinner with him and one of his rich buddies.

However, Bush didn’t actually run any of this by Colbert, who released a video today announcing a raffle of his own. Like the Bush raffle, it costs $3 to enter, but instead of pocketing the money he’s donating it to the Yellow Ribbon Fund. The winner of Colbert’s raffle will also get a ticket to see the taping of the show, and they’ll get a chance to come up with one “non-obscene” question that Colbert can ask Bush. His suggestion: “Don’t you wish you’d consulted Stephen before you launched your contest?” You can enter to win Colbert’s raffle and/or donate at this link.

Should be a fun interview.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Trump's the front-runner and Vince can't even buy his wife a seat in congress. Titan Tower's probably ringing with the sound of Vince's insane carnie rage at this point.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

theshim posted:

Did...did he sign that with a board marker or something?

Donald Trump is a big important man and he needs a big important writing utensil.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ecology 101 in the Dow Chemical Auditorium.

My new goal in life is to start a barber's school and get it named after the Donald.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Deep Hurting posted:

Don't let the clerk know the name or gender of either party getting married?

Apparently she has a better idea, which is don't put her name on the license.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Joementum posted:

I still haven't seen him answer the really obvious question, "So, what exactly happens if Congress doesn't pass your dream bill?"

That's when you sic Minority Whip Brian Boyko on them.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Can we just give all the refuges one of the states nobody is taking care of? Like, I'm sure they could do a better job with Kansas than Brownback.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

Wow, so I'm really out of the loop. I had no idea that Doug Elmendorf was already replaced as CBO director by a Bush economic adviser. The good news however, is that this guy, who was specifically chosen by Republicans because he would make their policies look better, seems on the level:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/congressional-gop-cant-even-cook-the-books-properly#break

Maybe it was all needless worrying. Even if this guy was the most adamant supply-sider on the planet, it would probably still be pretty hard to fudge the numbers with all the other career bureaucrats at the CBO.

So how long until that guy gets branded a RINO and the GOP swap in some guy who will properly venerate St. Ronnie?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Joementum posted:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad of the day, “I think the founders of this country believed that states should be able to secede. They went together voluntarily, it’s a voluntary contract and they should leave. But, of course, that principle was destroyed with the Civil War.” ~ Ron Paul.

The thing I find hilarious is that the only states where secession is bandied about are, seemingly, the ones that would crash and burn the hardest without the federal government shoveling money into them.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Joementum posted:

The Second Vermont Republic's economy would flourish after enactment of the Maple Tariff Act, since the poor souls trapped in the remaining 49 states would be unable to resist our delicious sap. :getin:

I thought Bernie chat went in RSF. :laugh:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Doctor Butts posted:

This is not accurate.

Thank god Corporations and LLC's don't get diplomatic immunity, yet.

Hell with that, I want things to go full Shadowrun before I'm too old to develop a crippling VR addiction.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Fried Chicken posted:

Bobby Jindal, with absolutely nothing left to lose in this race, has instead opted to try to kiss the rear end of the establishment and whomever eventually wins the nomination Jeb Bush by trying to be the fool who throws themself on their sword to stop Trump

https://www.bobbyjindal.com/jindal-speech-on-donald-trump/

Punch speech. But how well did that work out for Perry, who also swung hard at Trump?

Just you wait, next election Perry will show up with coke bottle glasses, a bow tie, and a pocket protector.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Zeroisanumber posted:

They really ought to discount the members of the HFC for all of the free advertising that they're getting. I'm visiting DC next month and I'm going to pop in for lunch.

I guess there really is no such thing as bad publicity.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

Having just come into this part of the thread, my immediate mental image was

only going into politics.

"WAKE UP, IT'S FEEDING TIME."

"Actually, sir, the soup kitchen photo op is at 4."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Zeroisanumber posted:

HAHAhaha!!! Holy poo poo.

This election is already the best ever.

Tom Brady further cementing his position as the NFL's leading source of bad decisions and silly hats.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Holy poo poo that pharma CEO is an utterly shameless rear end in a top hat who sees nothing wrong with what he's doing and personally trolls his numerous critics using fake Twitter accounts that talk in "ghetto-speak."

This is what he looks like by the way.

How the gently caress does a 32 year old douchebag with the maturity and social skills of a 4channer become the CEO of a pharmaceutical company? Are his parents multi-trillionaires?

Sadly since he's an amoral sociopath and Hillary personally called him out today he's going to become a right-wing hero, so prepare yourselves for that.

Fun little side note to this dude: he just bought a professional gaming team. So, you know, making good investments with that money.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

DemeaninDemon posted:

Team politics! Who gives a gently caress about rooting for some minor league team when you can root for the Dodgers instead.

The Dodgers win games and have amazing funding. This is more like rooting for the Diamondbacks-- once in a blue moon they bring down the Evil Empire (see: 2001 World Series), but more often than not they're struggling to cling to relevance on the back of the one star player they lucked into (see: the guy in my avatar, Paul Goldschmidt).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Debate's scheduled for general election. Standard three presidential and one VP..

Notable for UNLV.

As if I didn't have enough reason to avoid that particular stretch of Trop. Trump should feel right at home, though, since Vegas is as much of a wasteland as that dude's soul.

• Locked thread