Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Evil Sagan posted:

otoh pet play is extremely the poo poo

what have i done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

what have i done
Don't ask me, you're the one living in a shotgun shack.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't ask me, you're the one living in a shotgun shack.

Same as it ever was :smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Sagan posted:

burn it all

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's october already in my heart.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Elfgames posted:

Halloween this year is all about the blood orphans.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Evil Sagan posted:

i KNOW RIGHT

Elfgames posted:

is this one of those double leap years where we just skip over the second half of september because who cares

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
late september has wonderful weather

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Not in California. Not this year, at least. :argh:

Dec 26, 2012

Countblanc posted:

late september has wonderful weather

It does.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What in the Lord's name is Pet Play?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What in the Lord's name is Pet Play?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jesus. These deviants need Sharia law ASAP.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Tell me about it

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

I say, what's the point of having a horse if you can't solve lovecraftian mysteries with them:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm very upset that the Shadowrun contact option of shark lawyer isn't a shark who is a lawyer.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
A few days ago there was some discussion in another thread (can't remember which) about the old trope of women dressing up as men to disguise themselves as knights and soldiers. Last night after my Burning Wheel game I got to talking to one of my players about the game and how Burning Wheel's dwarves kick rear end, and he told me that he'd heard Luke Crane saying that dwarven women are extremely rare to the point where a dwarven PC would be very exceptional. Anyway, long story short, I now want to run a campaign where the pitch is all the PCs being dwarven women who have disguised themselves as men to join the host.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm picturing Monstrous Regiment, but starring the stoning crowd from Life of Brian.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a Dresden Files RPG thread? failing that are there any Dresden Files adventures you can buy written by people

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

There is a Fate thread that covers that as well, since it is powered by Fate.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ningyou posted:

for some reason i can't bring myself to care about using or upgrading d-walker when i have cute murderpuppy and cool+slightly embarrassing gal pal

D-walker wierd, it's kinda like the jack of all trades buddy, it can move fast and quietly (its run is about the same noise as snake crouch walking) and can either scout or engage targets at will.

It's pretty useful for some boss fights while waiting for supply drops.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

There is a Fate thread that covers that as well, since it is powered by Fate.

It's powered by an early, rough version of FATE. Some advise: don't let everyone be a full wizard, the system can't really handle it. Make everyone a focused practitioner or mild supernatural of some kind.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I really want to like D-Walker, but I can't justify sacrificing either my dogfriend or Quiet, Snooze Machine. If you could deploy D-Walker as a vehicle I'd always take it but as it stands D-Dog is best for recon and Quiet is awesome for taking out a whole base while I Fulton dudes. Heck, give Quiet the Sinful Butterfly and there's nothing she can't wreck. If I could take them both I would. Heck, just give D-Dog his own sniper rifle and we'd be gold.

D-Horse should just be standard. Dunno why it is a buddy at all since it's only good for messing with guards and pooping shenanigans.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bowmore posted:

Is there a Dresden Files RPG thread? failing that are there any Dresden Files adventures you can buy written by people

no, only horses

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I take Quiet so I can stare at her rear end on the helicopter

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Serf posted:

D-Horse should just be standard. Dunno why it is a buddy at all since it's only good for messing with guards and pooping shenanigans.
Isn't Snake sprinting with the sprint upgrade faster than D-Horse, too?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zereth posted:

I actually don't know, but it would make sense. You move pretty drat fast when sprinting. I never get tired of six million dollar manning dudes from out of nowhere with the sprint + bionic arm.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Zereth posted:

Also, bringing captured vehicles with you on missions or free roam has zero deployment cost, unlike D-Horse itself. :psyduck:

Basically D-Horse is irrelevant as soon as you get the cargo Fulton

Bedlamdan fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 28, 2015

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Serf posted:

I actually don't know, but it would make sense. You move pretty drat fast when sprinting. I never get tired of six million dollar manning dudes from out of nowhere with the sprint + bionic arm.
real talk I kind of want to get the precision/mobility upgrades so I can run (and reload and crawl and etc.) faster but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snake

like i like kiefer sutherland but ever since i found out how to deploy as whoever you want i can't not play TPP as the batshit adventures of Judy the perpetually blood-drenched Horse  Island President-for-Life and Quiet, Best Gal Pals

meanwhile i guess i found Peak Blue Rose dot jpeg and it is AMAZING

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ningyou posted:

real talk I kind of want to get the precision/mobility upgrades so I can run (and reload and crawl and etc.) faster but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snake

like i like kiefer sutherland but ever since i found out how to deploy as whoever you want i can't not play TPP as the batshit adventures of Judy the perpetually blood-drenched Horse  Island President-for-Life and Quiet, Best Gal Pals

Wait until The Boss DLC comes out and you can dress up your lady soldiers as The Boss. Definitely gonna have to get my S+ combat solider Flaming Buffalo out and go gently caress some poo poo up as the greatest soldier that ever lived (this could only be improved by having Buffalo be an S++ for the true Boss experience but I'll take what I can get).

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

wait can you not rank up yr soldiers past A/A+ or something

speaking of flaming, i am sorely disappointed i haven't literally found soldiers named FIRE WHALE yet

really i'm disappointed with a lot of mgs5 but THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING UGH

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ningyou posted:

wait can you not rank up yr soldiers past A/A+ or something

speaking of flaming, i am sorely disappointed i haven't literally found soldiers named FIRE WHALE yet

really i'm disappointed with a lot of mgs5 but THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING UGH

Maybe? I've seen S and S+ soldiers appear as volunteers or by extracting them, but I've never seen one get to S++ with medals yet, but maybe I just haven't played enough. If I can get Buffalo up to S++ then I'll be all about tearing through whole bases with just CQC while dressed as The Boss. Unless I can get a Patriot in this game which I sincerely hope I can.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Serf posted:

Wait until The Boss DLC comes out and you can dress up your lady soldiers as The Boss. Definitely gonna have to get my S+ combat solider Flaming Buffalo out and go gently caress some poo poo up as the greatest soldier that ever lived (this could only be improved by having Buffalo be an S++ for the true Boss experience but I'll take what I can get).

Hey, I got an S+ Flaming Buffalo too! Guess she's an autojoin after Chapter 1.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

LeSquide posted:

Hey, I got an S+ Flaming Buffalo too! Guess she's an autojoin after Chapter 1.

Same. She's my go to when I play as not Snake.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah, pretty sure she's guaranteed. Makes me super-excited for that Boss skin, I just wish it was the version with her sneaking suit still zipped up and not the cheesecake nonsense version from the final fight.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Cross posting from the Kickstarter thread.

-----------------

PST posted:

The Delta Green Kickstarter has gone live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcdream/delta-green-the-role-playing-game

On top of the base game, an extra $50 gets the hardback of 'The Fall of Delta Green' being written by Ken Hite. It's not a stretch goal but I'm going to guess will come out some time after the main book.

It went live about 30 mins ago and is already over $10k which isn't bad for an 18 year old roleplay setting.

:cthulhu: Delta Green Kickstarter update. :cthulhu:

Funded to 40K in less than four hours.

New objectives to unlock!

quote:

Stretch Goals

This project is moving fast! Here are some of downloads and books you'll be able to get as Add-On Rewards (see below!) when we hit these new funding targets...

FUNDED! THE AGENT'S HANDBOOK: Everything you need to play Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game.

FUNDED! "VISCID": A new Delta Green scenario by Dennis Detwiller, wherein the agents find that even magic has a half-life. ADD-ON COST: $5.

AT $50K, "OBSERVER EFFECT": A new Delta Green scenario by Shane Ivey. Most physicists think a new lab's experiment to study the nature of reality won't reveal a thing. Your Delta Green agents might learn otherwise. ADD-ON COST: $5.

AT $120K, THE EXPANDED CORE BOOK: This big, color hardback will have everything from the Agent's Handbook plus a Game Moderator's view of the setting and ton of new material for running Delta Green campaigns, customizing the setting and the threats, and keeping your players surprised and scared. ADD-ON COST: $70.

And we have a lot more to come....

quote:

Developers and Key Personnel

DENNIS DETWILLER—WRITER, EDITOR, ILLUSTRATOR: One of the co-creators of Delta Green and co-owner of Arc Dream Publishing, Dennis also created or co-created the tabletop roleplaying games Godlike, Wild Talents, Nemesis, and Insylum. Currently design director at Harebrained Schemes (Necropolis), he was previously VP of Creative at Warner Bros. International Enterprises and produced bestselling mobile and console games for Nickelodeon, Hothead Games, and Radical Entertainment (Prototype). He's still asked to autograph cards he painted in the early years of Magic: The Gathering.

ADAM SCOTT GLANCY—WRITER: One of the co-creators of Delta Green, Scott is president of Pagan Publishing, where the first Delta Green books were produced. He oversees its line of Call of Cthulhu sourcebooks to this day: most recently Mysteries of Mesoamerica, Bumps in the Night, and the forthcoming Horrors of War.

JOHN SCOTT TYNES—ADVISOR: One of the co-creators of Delta Green, John founded Pagan Publishing and the seminal Cthulhu Mythos gaming magazine The Unspeakable Oath. He led the production of the first few Delta Green game and fiction books: Delta Green, Countdown, Alien Intelligence, The Rules of Engagement (collected in Strange Authorities), and Dark Theatres. He co-created Atlas Games' Unknown Armies, which is soon getting a long-awaited new edition of its own. For years he designed PC and console video games. These days he manages the Imagine Cup for Microsoft.

SHANE IVEY—WRITER, EDITOR: Co-owner of Arc Dream Publishing and a former newspaper copy editor and magazine editor, Shane has managed and edited the last few Delta Green game and fiction projects: Eyes Only, Targets of Opportunity, Through a Glass, Darkly, Strange Authorities, Tales from Failed Anatomies, and Extraordinary Renditions. He's editor-in-chief of The Unspeakable Oath and has spearheaded game lines including Godlike, Wild Talents, Monsters and Other Childish Things, and Better Angels.

GREG STOLZE—WRITER: A contributor to past Delta Green books (Alien Intelligence, Targets of Opportunity, Extraordinary Renditions), Greg is also co-creator of Unknown Armies with John Scott Tynes, Godlike with Dennis Detwiller, Wild Talents with Detwiller, Shane Ivey, and Kenneth Hite, Nemesis with Detwiller, Ivey, and Adam Crossingham, and author of Reign, Better Angels, the Wild Talents setting books Progenitor, eCollapse, and (with Kenneth Hite) Grim War, and the almost-but-not-quite Delta Green novel Mask of the Other.

KENNETH HITE—WRITER, EDITOR: A contributor to past Delta Green books (Targets of Opportunity, Extraordinary Renditions) and the author of the upcoming Gumshoe game The Fall of Delta Green, Ken is the creator or co-creator of Trail of Cthulhu, Night's Black Agents, The Dracula Dossier, Ken Writes About Stuff, Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff, and many other award-winning works.

Q: What does a Delta Green game sound like?

Look no further than "The Lover in the Ice" :http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2011/05/systems/call-of-cthulhu/call-of-cthulhu-delta-green-lover-in-the-ice/

Q: What is the Delta Green world like?

Here are three excellent short stories written by one of the authors and professionally narrated.

http://theunspeakableoath.com/home/2014/11/unspeakable-episode-16-intelligences-a-story-by-dennis-detwiller/

http://theunspeakableoath.com/home/2014/12/unspeakable-episode-17-philosophy-a-story-by-dennis-detwiller/

http://theunspeakableoath.com/home/2014/10/unspeakable-episode-15-drowning-in-sand-a-story-by-dennis-detwiller/

Q: Is there a podcast where I can listen to what's new in Delta Green moderated by the authors?

Why yes there is!

quote:

News about the upcoming Delta Green book!

http://theunspeakableoath.com/home/...t-gen-con-2015/

Featuring:
-Less math in rolls!
-Fewer skills and a concomitant shift to using basic stats! For example: Want to take a picture under duress? Might take a Dex x5 roll rather than the Photography skill.
-Your skill level actually matters more than a roll! Have a 50 in Archaeology? You may get further insight into a scene automatically without rolling Spot Hidden!
-Combat is more lethal! Introducing Kill Chances! Grenades and mortars are loving deadly!
-Combat is more dangerous! You can be shaken and lose sanity!
-Gun fondling!
-Greg Stolze! Integrating the Sanity mechanics from Unknown Armies into Cthulhu!
-Bonds as sources of stability! Be like Martin Hart and take out your frustrations on your family to gain a small respite from the horrors of the Mythos! Who is the real monster now!?!

http://www.delta-green.com/

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 29, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Is he researching what I think he's researching?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Slimnoid posted:

It's the Yellow Sign, you uncultured buffoon!!!!!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Slimnoid posted:

....I never made that connection until now.

Speaking of Krull there is a GBS thread about it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

....I never made that connection until now.

Speaking of Krull there is a GBS thread about it too.

The Glaive looks nothing like the Yellow Sign AAAAAAa

• Locked thread