Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Running Dread for friends. The hook was everyone goes to Vegas for a bachelor party and wakes up the next morning in a very nice hotel suite with no memory of the prior night, a missing groom, strange symbols written on the walls, a dead DEA agent, and a blood red sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Evil Mastermind posted:

:sympathy:

An internet friend told me once that the "gamer culture" in his part of the country is basically that people everything they can do spelled out on their sheets, so when the GM asks what they're going to do the first thing they automatically look at their sheets to see what they can do.

Many systems penalize improvisation to such an extent that if you don't frame your actions within your narrow skills you're just hail marying, burning bennies, or relying on a nebulous rule of cool.

I blame character sheets. 13a doesn't have this problem, for instance, because you decide to do something and then flavor it with a background. With defined skill lists, you decide to do something and then check to make sure it doesn't fit under an untrained skill. Often times it's just faster and less frustrating to start with your set skills as the entirety of your actions.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Covok posted:

Feedback should be positive = We don't actually want this beta to improve our game at all.

See: all trpg beta releases.

13th Age was pretty responsive to negative feedback. Some elements didn't improve and some became actively worse, but there was also feedback-based redesign that went beyond simply balancing the numbers.

Of course they also didn't have an NDA (for a few days :v:)

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

gradenko_2000 posted:

1. The results are inflicted simultaneously to both parties, rather than IGOUGO
2. The results are based on a differential between the two sides' relative strengths
3. Because of both 1 and 2, it's likely that even the winner will always take damage no matter what

Mouse Guard's argument mechanics.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Yeah played it a few times. I like it better than BrikWars. Fun quick war game.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
This is a god damned irc slapfight? loving hell

*World games are real, and strong, and my friend. Step

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I find it especially interesting that, from the beginning, *World games have dismissed the legitimacy of the asexual in all its forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Captain Foo posted:

please tell me more about your unnatural lust transfixation

*rolls 8*

ALLOW ME TO TELL YOU ABOUT SOME COMPLEX FEELINGS.

• Locked thread