Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Ratpick posted:

but what's the most elegant way for me, as a GM, to show my players that I've actually planned the actions for my NPCs beforehand instead of pulling them out of my rear end?

I actually built 80% of a webapp that could do this.

Unfortunately, it fell down on my inability to build a UI that made sense for it, and also my inability to get anyone to ever play Torchbearer/MouseGuard/BurningWheel with me.

So, if you have any experience designing webapp UIs, and you want this to be a thing, PM me. (I'm also on SynIRC if you don't have PMs.)

(Alternatively, it could possibly work over specially formatted emails or something. But again, that's just another kind of UI.)

inklesspen fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
For $5 I will act as a trustworthy middleman. You can send your moves to me and I'll post them in the thread when appropriate.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
If you have a GMless game, such as Microscope, Human Contact, or Fiasco, and you want to set up a PBP game of it, how do you tend to handle that? "I'll be acting as GM during initial player and concept selection, but then I'll step down and just be another player."?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord

Kwyndig posted:

Well it depends on the game. In something like Fiasco, yeah, that's how it should work, but Microscope or Kingdom is a whole other can of worms as far as player selection is concerned. Once you have everyone assembled though it should work out as everyone's a player and there's no GM, yeah.

Would you be willing to go into that :can: in more detail?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
their CTO is, I thought

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Get someone to run a "D&D" game using Strike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
Really, it should be called Floor -2 (and the ground floor should be Floor 0, not Floor 1).

• Locked thread