Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Ratpick posted:

Speaking of PbP games, my next idea after one of my current PbP's is over is to run a Burning Wheel scenario where the characters are all orcs (because Burning Wheel orcs are cool) and I'm having one problem with translating the mechanics to PbP:

In Duel of Wits and Fight! the players are supposed to plan their turn ahead by three actions and each action is revealed and resolved at the same time. For PC vs PC duels it's simple because I can use emails and/or PMs (which would mean getting Plat) to have each player send me their actions three at a time and then resolving them, but what's the most elegant way for me, as a GM, to show my players that I've actually planned the actions for my NPCs beforehand instead of pulling them out of my rear end?

The simplest solution would be to not do DoW or Fight! but that feels like missing out on some of the best parts of the game.

The simplest solution is to just open a notepad file and type in your action before you ask for the player's action. Sure, you could cheat this way, but if the GM is cheating then the game has bigger problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread