Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Covok posted:

To start things off, why not a quick discussion on your best gaming experience this year, so far?

There isn't any single experience, but playing pbp on sa continues to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

fosborb posted:

Running Dread for friends. The hook was everyone goes to Vegas for a bachelor party and wakes up the next morning in a very nice hotel suite with no memory of the prior night, a missing groom, strange symbols written on the walls, a dead DEA agent, and a blood red sky.

The Hangover 4: Hell on Earth

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

Be careful, as an old PbP hand around these parts it's easy to get yourself in way over your heard and burn out quickly. That being said, everyone's got their own abilities and game stamina, so don't be afraid.

Yeah I find my 'sweet spot' to be between 4 and 6.
Not every game will update everyday.
It only takes 5-10 minutes to put together a post.
You can cruise pretty easily on 2-3 posts per day for games.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

Sometimes I can bang out a post, sometimes it takes me longer to get what I want out of it. Running games demands more time than playing in one as well.

Definitely.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

remusclaw posted:

The world is not binary, The bad may have good ideas, and the good may have bad. Master of Ceremonies sounds OK, if still a little pompous.

It only sounds pompous if you spell it out. The abbreviated 'MC' isn't bad at all.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Evil Sagan posted:

For those of you that GM: do you use music to enhance your game at all? If so, which albums/artists/stations do you rely on most?

Yes and it depends on the game/scene/group/mood.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

My Lovely Horse posted:

Oh man, this guy I used to play with had the biggest thing about theme songs. When he DMed he'd bug me about what my character's theme song was for weeks after the game was already well underway. Eventually I said something just to get him to shut up and he never used it. When he played he joined our existing party and when the DM introduced him he was like "hold on!", fiddled with an MP3 player and played a tinny version of what was recognizably some FFVI character's motif while dramatically placing his mini on the table.

Good guy but am I glad we moved past his RPG style.

I think I'm the less dickish version of this dude. Music helps me write and so everything and everyone has some kind of music attached on my head. But I don't force it on anyone.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Winson_Paine posted:

I CAN TASTE PISS

But did you get head?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

penis in ear = dance all night

Eyes.
Goggles.
Nothing.
:gonk:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Its a good idea in spite of plutonis' support.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FastestGunAlive posted:

You hosed up by not using hot shots 2 kill counter

:agreed:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Merchandising!
/

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Serf posted:

So the Second Floor Basement is lower than the regular basement? Might as well call it the Super Basement or Basement Level 2.

Or sub-basement.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I still greatly enjoy playing Skyrim and the Mass Effects.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

TG Poster: Oh my god everyone. It turns out that this game has some really deviant and sick poo poo! I read all of this gross and creepy stuff and it's really bad! So bad, I had to read it twice because i couldn't believe my eyes!
Me: *Shrugs while tabbing back to Exhentai.org whilst swirling a cup of brandy*

Cool story broseidon, what are you currently smoking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

fosborb posted:

*World games are real, and strong, and my friend. Step

:buddy:

Plague of Hats posted:

Remember when we collectively raised like a thousand dollars for charity to spite someone? That was nice.

Which time? :v:

fake edit: yeah that was a good time.

• Locked thread