Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

inklesspen posted:

If you have a GMless game, such as Microscope, Human Contact, or Fiasco, and you want to set up a PBP game of it, how do you tend to handle that? "I'll be acting as GM during initial player and concept selection, but then I'll step down and just be another player."?
I've set up a couple of The Quiet Year games here and my role was basically the facilitator: getting people to post text, images or music that explained or represented how they wanted to play and what they wanted to see; splitting people into groups accordingly; and then leading my own group through setup (including setting up a roll20 game for the oracle cards and an online whiteboard for the map), making the game thread and taking the first turn. Once the game starts I'm just a regular player, though still alert for any rules queries or misunderstandings if I'm playing with anyone who hasn't played it before.

There isn't, or shouldn't, be any problems with picking players, because it's more like sorting rather than picking - the low/no-prep nature of many GMless games means there's no reason why another prospective player couldn't take over setup for another group, unless nobody else has the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread