Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

gnome7 posted:

Fellowship Kickstarter launches Friday! :dance:

I just finished fully setting up the KS page, I'm real excited to launch.

I am excited to give you money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Speleothing posted:

I hate to say it, but the gaming den's term "master of ceremonies" is growing on me for super-lite drinking game rpgs to keep away from the "game master" slash "dungeon master" terminology.

It just seems differently nerdy in a more appealing way.

It's not a Den Original™, anyway.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Evil Mastermind posted:

For those who don't read the Industry thread but would like a "laugh": Goblinworks (the Pathfinder MMO people) just announced that Ryan Dancey has left the company for "personal reasons". Oh, and that they had to downsize to like four people, but I'm sure that's completely unrelated.

I believe they downsized to three people. Also, their FAQ about "what the gently caress is going to happen to my $5k in-game destructible tavern" basically begs everyone to keep subbing so they don't go completely under before they find someone dumb enough to buy and finish their shitshow.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Covok posted:

Is it true that, if they informed themselves prior to their investment, they would have not put the money in? Yes.

There's a thread on their forum full of people beating their chests about subbing even more accounts.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Honestly, the skill list is probably the worst part of Fate Core. It's bloated and fiddly and doesn't feel nearly as DIY as the rest. It really doesn't fit in with the rest of the system.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Since Eoris seems to garner interest pretty regularly, it seems worth pointing out that just yesterday the Eoris books went up on DTRPG for PDF purchase, $8 each for the system book and the setting book, plus a free introductory adventure. The Full Previews go up to 30-40 pages, it seems, so now I know that "extremely heavy blunt objects" do 8 damage, "extremely heavy sharp objects" do 12 damage, but both "regular" and "powerful" long-range attacks do 7 damage. So…

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Good news, everyone! Eoris books are not laced with drugs!

quote:

Dear TRPG community, 

I have recently been made aware of the fact that the Eoris Essence books have a particular scent on its pages that some may not recognise and may misconstrued to believe it is something else. I am very aware of the various mechanisms used to smuggle illegal substances to your homelands and take the matter with the absolute seriousness is deserves. While I understand the implication to be a joke, some, including members of my people, may not, and thus I write this letter.
My country has gone through for more than thirty years of war, suffering and social unrest because of the social and political effects of drugs in our global community. We have earned a horrid and misplaced fame regarding these substances and have fought to the brink of despair to prove to the world we are much more than just a hub for criminals. 
Eoris Essence share many qualities with Colombians. It is a product of love and dedication and success despite its surrounding circumstances. And, like its people, it has been misunderstood and critiqued (both fairly and unfairly) and sometimes even hated. And while the books may have their faults, being a vehicle for smuggling is not one of them. 
The scent may be caused by the high levels of ink that were used on each page and the high quality paper which was bought from Japan in 2010 prior to printing the books. The printer used a form of technology that allowed for a quick-dry of heavier elements so that lighter colours, like yellow or pink, could take hold of the paper without it smudging or looking blurry. This included the use of several binding chemicals. I, personally, was the director and reviser of the printing process and checked every single page with a magnifying glass for mistakes. I hope the community will not believe there is any form of substance on its pages other than high quality ink and blank paper. 
It is my solemn promise, as an honourable man and a member of a community of 48 million people who live honest, hardworking lives, that the Eoris Books have no form of illegal substances imbued on its pages.

Sincerely, 

Daniel Torres
Creator of Eoris Essence

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

HitTheTargets posted:

What's Fantasy Flight's track record like? I heard they bought L5R and I'm wondering if that means a new edition with a bunch of new fiddle little rules.

It's p. cool that they're gonna continue the card game, I guess. But calling it a Living Card Game will never not sound ridiculous.

FFG is very good at card and board games. They're pretty good at RPGs, though not super great. While their Warhammer 40k mechanics stuff is 80's/90's as gently caress, it's worth pointing out that it started as a legacy product from another, shittier company, and when they tested meaningfully different mechanics in preparation for a second edition their forums exploded in rage. I think L5R fans are probably cooler than that, but they may still end up doing what they did with their 40k RPGs and largely housecleaning a creaky traditionalist system instead of doing something new and exciting. It's frankly too early to tell, on that front.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Baron Snow posted:

I want to play a version of L5R that uses FFG's craziest dice system. In addition to counting masks and katana on the varied dice, I want to roll a 12 sided "void die" with every roll. It's a symbolic die with all blank sides.

Nah, the Void die needs to be a mostly blank d12. On one face there's the Shadow Dragon or whatever, and if you roll it you cast an evil spell; if you roll the only other marked face, the Crab, you Hulk out and beat the ever-living poo poo out of whatever you were fighting/diplomacying/crocheting.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

So I downloaded the CTech beta to take a gander, and here's this at the front:

quote:

Yes, when this is finally released, it will be under the Creative Commons license.

:golfclap:

EDIT: Woof, no bookmarks? :colbert:

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 15, 2015

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

This is…[gravelly, nasally voice] correct?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Did the D&D forums live in the same system as the wider WotC stuff? I could swear they had some major turnover before. Was the Magic forum very active? I never visited it.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'll care about MGS5 when there's a Chip & Ironicus LP of it.

Meanwhile, maybe I'll finish the opening chapter of the first Dragon Age someday!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Shut up about bad things and talk about good things: some old wrestler likes World Wide Wrestling.

—an email sent to the game's author

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Remember when we collectively raised like a thousand dollars for charity to spite someone? That was nice.

• Locked thread