Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Can someone explain to me why is Felicia Day so disliked?
I only follow Geek and Sundry on Youtube, wherein she is sort of bratty but still plenty of fun, and know that she apparently once mentioned how worried she felt upon seeing two guys wearing gaming t-shirts that they might belong to the Movement Which Shall Not Be Named. Is there anything else?

Because she's a woman in a male-dominated sub-culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Evil Sagan posted:

For those of you that GM: do you use music to enhance your game at all? If so, which albums/artists/stations do you rely on most?

I honestly can't run a game unless I've got some sort of ambient music playing in the background. I dunno, it helps to set and enhance whatever mood I'm going with for any given scene, and I've become quite particular with my choices and will spend an almost unhealthy amount of time picking out my music tracks before the game (never during, that just breaks the flow of things, so I have some back-up generic stuff in case I need something).

As for what kind: anything non-vocal, or with minimal vocals if I find it fits. Invariably that means a lot of video game soundtracks, but I also will dip into certain genres if I'm going for a theme. Retro Wave for cyberpunk/80s, for instance, or Lustmord if I'm going horror. I'll go searching for relatively unknown/obscure material so people don't go "OH HEY IS THAT METAL MAN'S THEME" during a combat round.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Lichtenstein posted:

When playing World Wide Wrestling you can't not have a theme song for every character.

(In a semi-running joke fashion I use the time is now whenever I'm forced to pull something out of my rear end and have nothing relevant at hand).

Please tell me you've used the dumb John Cena meme at least once.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

quote:

None of that stuff that made people cringe from the first edition

So, all of CthulhuTech?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Serf posted:

Asking for positive feedback only is a good way to not get any good feedback on your game. People will be too concerned with whether or not they're using the right tone to actually give you anything useful.

On the flipside, you could end up with a D&D Next/Pathfinder situation where any feedback given is given token notice before being tossed away.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

Make a hack of Octane, call it Propane.

Sounds like a real propane nightmare.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Just put them on ignore you dummies.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Why would you put one of the best parts of tgchat on ignore? Seems counterproductive imho

I don't have Moola on ignore, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Is he researching what I think he's researching?

• Locked thread