Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
so I bought a copy of White Hack last month due to it being on sale, and it was supposed to arrive today but it hasn't arrived yet, I'm kinda worried though since the FedEx tracking claims it already arrived, now I'm worried I'm going to have to go through a whole mess of crap to deal with a lost package and it's kinda ticking me off, shouldn't have to be going through this sort of crap for a $5 book from Lulu

EDIT: nevermind, turns out it had arrived, Stepfather had apparently left it in the Garage earlier after it had been delivered and forgot about it till just a bit ago

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

also forgot to mention, Whitehack is a beautiful book, even the booklet version I bought, makes the minimalist style really work for it, gonna have some fun tweaking it into what I'm planning on doing with it(currently thinking it'll be a Space Fantasy game inspired by Strange Stars, Star Wars, Mass Effect, Destiny, some bits from Fallout and Borderlands, and some visual inspiration for "aliens" from All Tomorrows, all mixed into a early D&D inspired experience)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Goon Project: Lets bash Monte Cook's skull with a Razer peripheral until his brain splatters all around.

Monte Cook may be a moron when it comes to crunch, but there's people in the industry much more worthy of getting their brains bashed out(Mearls currently tops the list in my opinion)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Memo Kosemen's work is really cool. You might consider checking out All Yesterdays and All Your Yesterdays, in which he collaborates with paleoartist John Conway and paleontologist Darren Naish to create a sort of alien view of our own natural history.

I've read All Your Yesterdays before, it's pretty good, still need to read All Yesterdays though, also surprised you didn't mention Snaiad which is also worth stealing from

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

I am crazy, or at least I was, but I got better, I think. Maybe? I don't know, I'm on more pills now than when I was committed last month (yes, I spent a week in a psychiatric hospital, it was not fun) but in an effort to keep me from thinking about killing myself again, I'm going to start tabletop gaming again!

I already put up a new recruitment thread.

This has been your 'what is up with Kwyndig' status update.

Also I must know more about this, it sounds amazing.

Sorry to hear what you've been through, and while I'd be interested in a M&M game, the setting you're going to use is way too Iron Age for my tastes

Helical Nightmares posted:

:catstare: Ok. I have never heard of this before and it is a singular piece of ... well lets call it "art". Thanks for posting it.

Agreeing with Kai here. High Programmers has rules for this RPG/card game that is supposed to model how High Programmers spread influence through the Paranoia world, embezzle funding for secret projects, and pit secret societies against each other and the Computer. The consequences of all these shenanigans actually explains quite well why the Paranoia universe is so screwed up. IIRC the rules looked fairly complex and interesting.

Look up Man After Man sometime, in many respects it's way more disturbing than All Tomorrows is

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

well he didn't say anything about it not acting like drugs when you read it, just that it doesn't contain any

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

Maybe the "parents group" was Gygax himself :v:

Seriously, though, that poo poo was all over the place in cartoons back in the day. It's not unique to the D&D cartoon, it just gets remembered a lot because Eric was (as a character) more memorable than the usual batch of "I don't wanna" whiners. Probably because 99% of the time he had a point about not doing whatever stupid thing they were going to do.

See also Wheeler from Captain Planet, who was probably the second worst offender in that regard after Eric(at least most other cartoons of that era mixed it up a little with who was the designated Wrong Person in each episode)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Best D&D novel in my opinion(at least of those I've read) is the Dragonlance novel Draconian Measures, followed by the first couple Greyhawk Adventures books, less on their merits as fine literature, and more for them being fun to read(most Forgotten Realms stuff I've read has been dreadfully boring and deserves to be forgotten)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

so is anyone around here familiar with the war game Mobile Frame Zero(a mecha game that you use Legos to build your units out of), cause I'm tinkering with some houserule/expansion ideas and I thought that a second opinion might be a good idea

also for anyone not familiar with it, the PDF version is free; http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

He gifted me the original Payday iirc but I never played it because I already had the sequel then.

Also lol at using your SA name on Reddit.

Some people just like using the same username everywhere, I use mine for 99% of my account names for example

• Locked thread