Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It's September now. It's still hot. It's still humid.

Why not cool off by hiding in your house, behind your computer, yelling about elfgames?

To start things off, why not a quick discussion on your best gaming experience this year, so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ratpick posted:

Currently I'm looking forward to running Burning Wheel set in the Kingdom of Jerusalem after the First Crusade.

Strangely, I can see this turning out sour. Depends on how certain subject matters are dealt with and the sensibilities of everyone. Then again, it might just be that I'm one of those "friends who want to stay friends never discuss religion or politics" kind of people.

Regardless, I, of course, hope it turns out awesome.

Yawgmoth posted:

Got a Legends of the Wulin game going, which is always great fun. We each independently managed to tie ourselves to a different one of the four banes, which has guided the story in a really odd but interesting way since only one of us is actually a full member of any of them.

Four banes?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Len posted:

I know there's a wiki for Fatal and Friends but is there a place the posts are backed up to since I don't have archives?

Yes and it is maintained by inkelesspen.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

For those who don't read the Industry thread but would like a "laugh": Goblinworks (the Pathfinder MMO people) just announced that Ryan Dancey has left the company for "personal reasons". Oh, and that they had to downsize to like four people, but I'm sure that's completely unrelated.

You see, on one hand, I find it funny because of the silliness of the whole thing. On the other hand, a lot of people just got robbed. Is it true that, if they informed themselves prior to their investment, they would have not put the money in? Yes. That said, it still is lovely Dancey got away with it again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Plague of Hats posted:

There's a thread on their forum full of people beating their chests about subbing even more accounts.

Well, that's just dumb. Like, really really dumb.

Covok
May 27, 2013

General Ironicus posted:

Where is this? I need to know how Synnibar works when run by the only person to actually play Synnibar.

Seattle, apparently.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I like Torchbearer. Would I like Burning Wheel?

Covok
May 27, 2013

It's funny you bring this up about approaches. I was in a FAE game where this happened as well. It kind of put me in a disadvantageous situation since I didn't stretch them myself.

Covok
May 27, 2013

potatocubed posted:

Speaking as someone who thinks 'giant robots vs Cthulhu' was a fantastic concept pissed away...

They want me to (physically) sign an NDA, which they don't include in the packet.

They want all feedback through their dedicated subreddit, which I can understand, but like hell I'm signing up for Reddit just for this.

"Feedback should be positive. We like constructive criticism."

So far, so bollocks. I think I'll wait and see.

Feedback should be positive = We don't actually want this beta to improve our game at all.

See: all trpg beta releases.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Jimbozig posted:

The people of Arlen are worshipping a false prophet (Donald Trump) who promises to preserve their dying way of life against the inevitable forces of change by wreaking violence against the malignant subhumans (Mexicans) who are crawling out of the river to take the place of townspeople and replace traditional American culture with their own disturbing foreign rituals (tacos, soccer).

There you go, a scenario Lovecraft would heartily approve of. No need to thank me.

Considering how much of a raging racist and xenophobe Lovecraft was...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

That's pretty hosed up. Conformity as a moral is pretty hosed up.

• Locked thread