Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ratpick posted:

Best gaming experiences this year have been an Apocalypse World campaign of which I posted frequently in the AW thread, featuring my three players deciding that their group was going to be a post-apocalyptic motorized mongol horde and the game coming to an explosive finish with the Savvyhead riding the psychic highway and finding out what lie at the end of it while the khanate completely disintegrated.

Currently I'm looking forward to running Burning Wheel set in the Kingdom of Jerusalem after the First Crusade.

i read your posts on this and it fuckin' rocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gradenko_2000 posted:

I second that. I feel like I could really start a few more and still keep up, and the players have been great so far.

Be careful, as an old PbP hand around these parts it's easy to get yourself in way over your heard and burn out quickly. That being said, everyone's got their own abilities and game stamina, so don't be afraid.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Yeah I find my 'sweet spot' to be between 4 and 6.
Not every game will update everyday.
It only takes 5-10 minutes to put together a post.
You can cruise pretty easily on 2-3 posts per day for games.

Sometimes I can bang out a post, sometimes it takes me longer to get what I want out of it. Running games demands more time than playing in one as well.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Definitely.

you should come play in XCOM Mafia II

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Evil Mastermind posted:

There is a second edition coming out "soon", in that it's being worked on. That being said, that's still a great deal for WWW, Monsterhearts, and MotW.

Also, Apocalypse World 1e (if that's what it's being called now) is still a really, really, really good game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Byers2142 posted:

Someone remind me, what's the TG irc channel again?

the generic stomping grounds are #badwrongfun on synirc

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Arivia posted:

My pathfinder game tonight had one point where the players seriously thought about having an entire army piss into the mouth of Winson Paine's character to drug test them all. It was the Whizzard come to life!

Paging winson

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

But did you get head?

penis in ear = dance all night

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Error 404 posted:

Eyes.
Goggles.
Nothing.
:gonk:

5 golden manbabies for this, good sir

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Drone posted:

img-timeline

:cb:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

drrockso20 posted:

so is anyone around here familiar with the war game Mobile Frame Zero(a mecha game that you use Legos to build your units out of), cause I'm tinkering with some houserule/expansion ideas and I thought that a second opinion might be a good idea

also for anyone not familiar with it, the PDF version is free; http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/

Desert Warrior - Actuated arms rifle shouldercannon (POV) by Captain Foo, on Flickr

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

He gifted me the original Payday iirc but I never played it because I already had the sequel then.

Also lol at using your SA name on Reddit.

lol @ using reddit

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Effectronica posted:

There's only one feminist who does? Sounds like feminism needs to get its house in order.

Effectronica posted:

This attempt at owning me by agreeing with all the reprehensible distortions I make of people's posts is kinda lackluster. You need to work in some overly-specific intimations, I feel. Like, suggesting you'll beat me to death with copies of my favorite RPG, Rolemaster. Or making oblique threats against my pet frogs.

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Effectronica posted:

Wroth as you are, your powers of English disperse, in such fashion that you twist a lament that feminism, among the noblest and most righteous causes of all human history, has fallen into so weak a state that only one feminist cares about the continuation of patriarchy through media, through the culture of the populace and of the elite, and an expression of hope that feminism will regenerate and the unjust, villainous, and infamous male-supremacist society we live in fall before its banner and be totally disintegrated, and the reign of justice come into play for the first time in human history so far as we know or can reasonably speculate- that this, you turn into an expression of blood-thirst. Well, shame on you.

translation: :gas:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fosborb posted:

I find it especially interesting that, from the beginning, *World games have dismissed the legitimacy of the asexual in all its forms.

please tell me more about your unnatural lust transfixation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bowmore posted:

Is there a Dresden Files RPG thread? failing that are there any Dresden Files adventures you can buy written by people

no, only horses

• Locked thread