Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Quarterback most likely to be cut
RG3
Matt Cassel
EJ Manuel
Tim Tebow
View Results

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Yo AFC teams, Ryan Broyles is available.

What a shame, I feel like he never got a fair shake here. I haven't been paying attention to football all summer, why'd they get rid of him now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

C-Euro posted:

What a shame, I feel like he never got a fair shake here. I haven't been paying attention to football all summer, why'd they get rid of him now?

He asked to be cut once it was obvious he wasn't making the team. :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

The bottom of the WR roster on the Jets is coming down to who the best returner is, and that seems to be Chris Owusu, Walt Powell, and Shaq Evans at the moment. 2 of those will probably be cut as well.

Owusu and Powell should both make the team. Even if that means trading Kerley. I also don't get the infatuation with Quincy Enunwa. He's about as meh as it gets.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Owusu and Powell should both make the team. Even if that means trading Kerley. I also don't get the infatuation with Quincy Enunwa. He's about as meh as it gets.
Enunwa is an H-back conversion and can block well; with our shitheap at TE he sort of has to have a place unless they trade for a TE. I really like Walt Powell. I also like Kerley but reading the tea leaves it looks like Chan doesn't think he fits the offence so if you can get some value for him, great.

Really though no one should be sweating the bottom roster guys too much. Couple years ago everyone was up in arms about cutting Ryan Spadola and he ended up amounting to zip.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Enunwa is an H-back conversion and can block well; with our shitheap at TE he sort of has to have a place unless they trade for a TE. I really like Walt Powell. I also like Kerley but reading the tea leaves it looks like Chan doesn't think he fits the offence so if you can get some value for him, great.

Really though no one should be sweating the bottom roster guys too much. Couple years ago everyone was up in arms about cutting Ryan Spadola and he ended up amounting to zip.

Owusu is better than that though. He's been a standout all of camp and in the games he's gotten into and Powell has been a great returner. I think they both make impacts on the season.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

Owusu is better than that though. He's been a standout all of camp and in the games he's gotten into and Powell has been a great returner. I think they both make impacts on the season.

Owusu always looked great in camp and preseason for the Bucs but did nothing in actual games.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Darnell Dockett is getting cut by the 49ers.
Steve Weatherford is getting cut by the Giants.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Eagles cut John Moffit and Kip Smith.

I'll miss Kip's knuckleball FG attempts but we all knew he was getting cut. I feel real bad for Moffit though. He was close to making a comeback after being out of the league for a few years, but just isn't good enough. Hope he catches on somewhere else.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ozu posted:

Steve Weatherford is getting cut by the Giants.

The gently caress? We don't have any punters waiting in the wings

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Was Weatherford the "motherfucking Super Bowl" guy?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Febreeze posted:

The gently caress? We don't have any punters waiting in the wings

Going for every 4th down attempt.

Eli to OBJ 50+ yards on 4th. If it gets picked, it's just like a punt anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

per the other thread the Giants now have a shiny new Brad Wing

Doesn't he do rugby style punting?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Yeah

fanbase probably hates this, he was loved

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Gonna miss that man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzV9_OVPjwo

Never forget :patriot:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

He was also the dude who taunted the Eagles about Tebow on twitter earlier this pre-season

looks pretty bad for him now

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 4, 2015

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

@MikeGarafolo
Bills have released LB IK Enemkpali, who ... well, you know.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

lol

@MikeGarafolo

Rex gotta Rex.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Texans cut Louis Nix III. What happened with that guy?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Febreeze posted:

Yeah

fanbase probably hates this, he was loved
came in here to express my sadness at this :( I am sad

but his stats were going down so I dunno :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Texans cut Louis Nix III. What happened with that guy?

I had a feeling this was coming :smith:

He couldn't get healthy last season and he couldn't get out of O'Brien's doghouse this preseason

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

Eagles cut John Moffit and Kip Smith.

I'll miss Kip's knuckleball FG attempts but we all knew he was getting cut. I feel real bad for Moffit though. He was close to making a comeback after being out of the league for a few years, but just isn't good enough. Hope he catches on somewhere else.

Moffit was super cool to watch on that youtube series produced by Mikerob from the Hawks. I was kinda excited to see him on our team. He must have really stunk if he couldn't land a job backing us up given our depth.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Legitimately shocking

@viccarucci
The #Bills have cut QB Matt Simms, according to an #NFL source.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
#Texans drafted 4 players in the third rounds of 2013 and 2014. One remains: C.J. Fiedorowicz.

Ouch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Athanatos posted:

Going for every 4th down attempt.

Eli to OBJ 50+ yards on 4th. If it gets picked, it's just like a punt anyway

What dumbass DB would pick it off and not knock it down

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

A lot of them actually

Gotta get those stats for the next contract

Also it's basically instinct

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bills cut Cyril Richardson

I wanted the Seahawks to draft him so bad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Niners released Joe Looney, completing the purge of the disastrous 2012 draft.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Intruder posted:

per the other thread the Giants now have a shiny new Brad Wing

Doesn't he do rugby style punting?

Excellent. I hope he does this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT_TGuoLdmk

And, yes, he does do rugby style punting. In college, he was ridiculously good at it.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bills cut Andre Fluellen, freeing him to sign with the Lions for literally the ninth time when one of our DTs gets injured.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kibner posted:

Excellent. I hope he does this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT_TGuoLdmk

And, yes, he does do rugby style punting. In college, he was ridiculously good at it.

this is literally the stupidest penalty i have ever seen in my entire life

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Magicpants posted:

this is literally the stupidest penalty i have ever seen in my entire life

He was showboating, there's no place for that. People are there to see the name on the front of the jersey, not the back

-Some rear end in a top hat

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In a move that's surprising to me, the Texans cut Chandler Worthy

So I guess they're either rolling with 5 WRs or keeping Keshawn Martin *shudder*

Also they currently have no returners on the roster aside from Keshawn as far as I'm aware

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Ross Angeles posted:

Did these two get drafted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpDz8YyVD8

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Intruder posted:

In a move that's surprising to me, the Texans cut Chandler Worthy

So I guess they're either rolling with 5 WRs or keeping Keshawn Martin *shudder*

Also they currently have no returners on the roster aside from Keshawn as far as I'm aware

lol people getting mad in the brady thread?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Barkley getting traded to the Cards. We're gonna be inundated with Tebow bullshit this year, aren't we?

:ughh:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What is it with the Cardinals and lovely USC QBs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

lol

@MikeGarafolo

Apparently he managed to get 2 penalties for lining up offsides yesterday.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gently caress OFF ATLANTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

gently caress OFF ATLANTA

Fuckers ruined football.

Bills need Rex so he can join the other Rex and start a band called Sex Ax

• Locked thread