Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Quarterback most likely to be cut
RG3
Matt Cassel
EJ Manuel
Tim Tebow
View Results

• Locked thread
A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
How bad do you have to be as an OL to not make the Seahawks??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm upset neither Walt Powell nor Chris Owusu made the Jets. Maybe they claim Duron Carter.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

How bad do you have to be as an OL to not make the Seahawks??

You have to not be up to Cable's standards, i.e. be willing to constantly dive at player's ankles in order to end their career.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
The Packers have released RB John Crockett and LB Jermauria Rasco per Tom Silverstein.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Crockett looked great in the last game, won't be surprised if some other team tries him out.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
packers cuts

Running back – Rajion Neal, John Crockett.
Wide receiver – Jared Abbrederis, Larry Pinkard (waived/injured), Ed Williams.
Tight end – Justin Perillo, Mitchell Henry.
Offensive line – Guard Matt Rotheram, center Garth Gerhart, center Andy Phillips, tackle Jeremy Vujnovich,
Defensive line – Khyri Thornton, Christian Ringo.
Linebacker – Carl Bradford, Joe Thomas, James Vaughters, Jermauria Rasco (waived/injured)
Defensive backs – Cornerbacks Tay Glover-Wright, Ryan White; safety Jean Fanor.

i was hoping we kept crockett but welp

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not really liking the Patriots WR depth now, considering Lafell is on PUP, Edelman hasn't practiced since the beginning of August, and the next two guys up are held together by duct tape.

Kalli posted:

Sad that Reggie Wayne didn't do didley, but hyped about Chris Harper. Guy was catching tons of poo poo in the preseason and one of those guys has to work out eventually.

You're so cute Kalli.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lions final roster includes a white running back and two Ivy Leaguers. Heh heh heh.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

TubeStank posted:

packers cuts

Running back – Rajion Neal, John Crockett.
Wide receiver – Jared Abbrederis, Larry Pinkard (waived/injured), Ed Williams.
Tight end – Justin Perillo, Mitchell Henry.
Offensive line – Guard Matt Rotheram, center Garth Gerhart, center Andy Phillips, tackle Jeremy Vujnovich,
Defensive line – Khyri Thornton, Christian Ringo.
Linebacker – Carl Bradford, Joe Thomas, James Vaughters, Jermauria Rasco (waived/injured)
Defensive backs – Cornerbacks Tay Glover-Wright, Ryan White; safety Jean Fanor.

It's weird how hit-and-miss the 2014 draft was. We have three (four if you count Davante Adams) quality starters from it, but we've already cut three players from that draft. Janis and Goodson look like they'll be decent depth, as well. Overall a win, to be sure.

edit: fix a number

Brannock fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 6, 2015

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Abbrederis cut is interesting. Really liked him pre-draft.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hakeem Nicks should get a look from someone pretty quickly right? I thought he was ok last year in Indianapolis?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ozu posted:

Abbrederis cut is interesting. Really liked him pre-draft.

missed all of last year with an acl tear. missed most of this preseason with a concussion.

he's a good practice squad candidate. he didn't do much in the one game he played.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

major props to two undrafted rookies -- gunter (cb) and harris (rb) -- who made the team. gunter especially has been playing lights out.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

BlindSite posted:

Hakeem Nicks should get a look from someone pretty quickly right? I thought he was ok last year in Indianapolis?

Naw, he looked pretty rough

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

TubeStank posted:

major props to two undrafted rookies -- gunter (cb) and harris (rb) -- who made the team. gunter especially has been playing lights out.

Gunter is our only CB who isn't 5'11 :laugh:

At 6'2 and 200 pounds if he develops he's going to be pretty dang good

Wow all our CBs are 5'11 ~195, Ted has a type

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cards cut Logan Thomas.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Saints waived Stanley Jean-Baptiste, AKA "let's draft the tall CB because Seattle has tall CBs"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Benne posted:

Saints waived Stanley Jean-Baptiste, AKA "let's draft the tall CB because Seattle has tall CBs"

Surprised they actually admitted their mistake so soon. He was on the bubble, so POP.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TubeStank posted:

packers cuts
Respecting your n-dash game.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

quote:

Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr 9h9 hours ago

Important to know, because #Bengals kept Still on last year, he and Leah now have 5 years of NFL health insurance regardless of NFL status.

Good news for Devon Still.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
the steelers cut a bunch of scrubs and whatever, it all has very little to do with the actual active gameday roster, but i'm intrigued as to what the hell the practice squad will look like. BJ Finney better be on it, otherwise whatever

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
Apparently the Chargers have cut Nick Novak in favor of UFDA Josh Lambo. So Ross, you were right.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/177797/chargers-release-kicker-nick-novak

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kampfy Von Wafflehaus posted:

Was the Kasen Williams cut an obvious move?
Didn't see him play much but always excited to see a Husky (almost) make it.

Why they kept Ricardo Lockette over Williams or Kevin Smith I don't know. Surely you can find somebody to be a decent gunner on special teams.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Ozu posted:

Cards cut Logan Thomas.

Ugh, what were we hoping would happen between the Lindley-pocalypse last year and now? :psyduck:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Chiefs need to snatch up BJ Finney at the start of business hours tomorrow. I always liked him as a prospect and we could do worse than that for center depth

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Parmesan Basil posted:

Chiefs need to snatch up BJ Finney at the start of business hours tomorrow. I always liked him as a prospect and we could do worse than that for center depth

He played pretty good in the preseason and might have made the roster if he didn't hurt his ankle big time the last game

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Pretty interested to see where duron Carter goes. Panthers and pata both seem like they should be bringing in anybody with a pulse frankly

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TubeStank posted:

packers cuts

I was hoping we'd keep Neil AND Crockett in some capacity. Both looked very promising, at least in how they were being used. Unrealistic to keep both of them, but seeing both cut seems sad. Especially Neil, hope he gets a good shot somewhere.

quote:

Gunter especially has looked amazing in the situations he's been in. no doubt.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It seems the Panthers main goal of cuts was to keep Brandon Wegher on the roster and not let the Pats steal him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami is apparently active as poo poo on the trade market

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Waiver claims starting to trickle out;

Giants got CB Asa Jackson and DT Louis Nix.

Patriots claimed DE Khyri Thornton.

Dolphins took QB Logan Thomas(why??).

Bucs got OLB Kourtnei Brown, LB Jeremiah George, QB Ryan Griffin, LB James Michael Johnson and C Eric Kush. Jesus christ, Bucs.

Edit:

Colts claimed DT TY McGill.

Eagles took QB Stephen Morris.

Titans grabbed LB David Bass and LB Steven Johnson.

Saints claimed DE Obum Gwachum and LB Michael Mauti (no one claimed Stanley Jean-Baptiste :laugh:)

Broncos got C James Ferentz, TE Mitchel Henry.

Chiefs took TE Brian Parker.

Jets S Ronald Martin, per Ozu.

Steelers RB Jordan Todman, DE Caushaud Lyons per Roasted Donut (who can't have nice things).

Browns T Austin Pasztor.

Raiders SS Keenan Lambert, per Blitz.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 6, 2015

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kinda shocked that Duron Carter cleared waivers, maybe the Colts can get him back on PS

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

lol pats claimed thornton good luck with that

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets claimed some safety from Seattle, Ronald Martin

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
And practice squad signings start....now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol at chip claiming a qb

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Metapod posted:

Lol at chip claiming a qb

Where you seeing that?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Where you seeing that?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/640567175019929600

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Fair enough - the list above had him down as a CB, ive seen its been edited now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
steelers claimed jordan todman from carolina and some rookie dl from tusculum that no has ever heard of and cut their 4th and 6th round draft picks this year who both looked pretty loving good in the preseason and gently caress it, whatever, who even cares we can't have nice things

• Locked thread