Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Better link

https://youtu.be/JrcDfcZlYX4

I would say these are shocking mistakes but I've already said Vidal is a mong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

triple sulk posted:

Swans and Palace will both finish top six

No they won't

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

fat gay nonce posted:

No they won't

I agree.

There will only be one.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Mark Noble's red card has been rescinded, and Affelay's suspension has been reduced from 3 games to 2.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Swansea are good, maybe teams will start raiding them for players instead of Southampton.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Starsnostars posted:

Swansea are good, maybe teams will start raiding them for players instead of Southampton.

Ayew and Montero are gone next year imo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

blue footed boobie posted:

Ayew and Montero are gone next year imo.

If Montero stays fit, yeah.

But he can't. He'll start maybe 20 games for us this season.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Swansea have owned for about four years now tbh, they're more cemented in the PL than half the teams in the league, they buy really well and they play good football. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they've been in profit for a few years now as well. For the past two years Southampton have looked more likely the break into the higher places but their success is more fragile imo, I think in five years Swansea will have outlasted them. Other clubs should be following Swansea's every move and be trying to copy whatever it is they're doing because they're really well run.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hoops posted:

Swansea have owned for about four years now tbh, they're more cemented in the PL than half the teams in the league, they buy really well and they play good football. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they've been in profit for a few years now as well. For the past two years Southampton have looked more likely the break into the higher places but their success is more fragile imo, I think in five years Swansea will have outlasted them. Other clubs should be following Swansea's every move and be trying to copy whatever it is they're doing because they're really well run.

Big transfer profit in 12/13, small operational profit in 13/14, both in 14/15.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

the best thing swansea did was firing laudrup

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Both Swansea and Southampton have shown that the internal culture and structure of a club is the most important thing and managers really don't matter that much

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

The Big Taff Man posted:

Moyes authorised a new contract for Nani. Nani!!!

I think after Fergie you needed a strong manager and Moyes wasnt it. I by no means think hes a bad manager but the football we played under him was so eye bleedingly awful. Some of the stuff since Van Gaal took over has been bad, but not as bad imo.

Not to mention Moyes gave Rooney a 5 year 300k p/w contract when SAF had pretty much pushed him out the door. :doh:

T Bowl posted:

nice meltdown

mods please probate people who post this :eng99:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PirateBob posted:

mods please probate people who post this :eng99:

Nice meltdown.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Nice meltdown.

Mods!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
"Nice meltdown" is funny but please reserve it for meltdowns and try not to kill it like every other joke plz

If you reply with "nice meltdown" to this post you will get a surprise.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

"Nice meltdown" is funny but please reserve it for meltdowns and try not to kill it like every other joke plz

Nice moderator guidance

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I have been pleasantly surprised by how well Gary Monk has done. I remember that initially he seemed to be getting a rough time from the old guard after he took over from Michael.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He was smart enough to kick out any malcontents as soon as he could, something which a certain Scotsman perhaps would've been better off doing

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Stoke have been run pretty well since Coates returned imo. Being owned by a multi million betting company helps a lot lol.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Swansea own. Club is well run, likeable players and likeable manager.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Monday Bandele posted:

He was smart enough to kick out any malcontents as soon as he could, something which a certain Scotsman perhaps would've been better off doing

A lesson from history. When taking a throne exile or preferably execute any close associate to the previous regime and do it fast. Get remembered for the rebuilding after and leave no way back in for reactionaries (giggs or whoever in this instance I guess....)

Still, with 200m spent, one galactico bought and sold in a year, your biggest buy of the window being a 19 year old French januzaj while loaning out the original januzaj, and your best prospect of a real improvement (pedro) rumoured to have chosen Chelsea because you're managed by Van Gaal, I'm surprised the Man U supporters seem so sanguine about it all.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
good title nice to see that Martial Matters

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
I'm gay

For the Swansea swans

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

What's the surprise GD

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

TelekineticBear! posted:

the best thing swansea did was firing laudrup

this and also rodgers

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Look at all these Swansea plastics crawling out of the woodwork. "I've liked them for 4 years now" lol way to jump on the bandwagon.

I've been supporting the club since way back, when they were just a small club playing in the playoff cup final.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

sassassin posted:

Look at all these Swansea plastics crawling out of the woodwork. "I've liked them for 4 years now" lol way to jump on the bandwagon.

I've been supporting the club since way back, when they were just a small club playing in the playoff cup final.
I'm not a Swansea plastic, I support Liverpool personally.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Welbeck will be out for a period of months following knee surgery.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shitshow posted:

lol, great news

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Shitshow posted:

It's amazing that the club knew about him needing knee surgery, withheld the information until after the window closed and then justified their not signing a striker by saying "Welbeck is due back after the international break!". Conveniently, Danny will be back right in time for the January window. A perfect chance for Arsene to use the 'Well Danny will be back soon and that will be like a new signing!". This club. Holy poo poo.'

E: I'll do it to myself. Nice Meltdown. Because I'm melting down. All this team had to do was bring in one or two players to have a realistic title challenge and they refused to do it.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 3, 2015

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

sassassin posted:

Ive been to the Liberty and eaten at the hilariously American looking Italian restaurant in the parking lot

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
I wonder how much down I will melt if we lose handily to the Chelsea Chels.

Presumably, all the way down.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Yeah Welbecks' knees are proper hosed, he's had problems with them since the academy days and it's just got worse as he's aged.

lol at Arsenal timing this release just after the window ends, no need to troll the fans like that imo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Parody Threads posted:

Ive been to the Liberty and eaten at the hilariously American looking Italian restaurant in the parking lot

It's not Italian it's "New York Italian".

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Let me be the first to say it is not

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Why the gently caress did they loan out Akpom then

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Wenger is going to be throwing Sanchez up front too now I guess.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
big joel campbell wound up staying

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
One fit striker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY