Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

rodgers will be the next england manager

liverpool will get avb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I think FSG should act quickly, and tomorrow go out and hire the man they always wanted in the first place, Roberto Martinez.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

T Bowl posted:

They were all over him on Talksport today. They had on a journalist regular who's name I didn't catch who loves him some Arsene but his name escapes me.. he was basically like "I love Wenger, he's been amazing for the club, but my love, as with most fans of the club, has slowly been waning. I don't want my love to turn to hate... I think honestly he just needs to go"

Seems like a overreaction even by Arsenal standards imo. I get the feeling that Arsenal fans, much like Mancchester United fans prior to Fergie leaving, having mostly never seen a managerial change at their club, don't understand how much of a gamble changing manager is.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Blue Star Error posted:

Seems like a overreaction even by Arsenal standards imo. I get the feeling that Arsenal fans, much like Mancchester United fans prior to Fergie leaving, having mostly never seen a managerial change at their club, don't understand how much of a gamble changing manager is.
Wenger will last two more years, step down and be replaced by Dennis Bergkamp. Arsenal fans will talk about dynasties and long-term vision, and he will be sacked in 18 months.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Blue Star Error posted:

Arsenal won't hire a garbageman is the difference :smug:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hoops posted:

I think FSG should act quickly, and tomorrow go out and hire the man they always wanted in the first place, Roberto Martinez.

ice cream sales go through the roof

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hoops posted:

Now that I've had a chance to read "Managerial Career" on the Frank De Boer wikpedia page, what makes him a gamble, any more than everyone except Ancelotti or Alex Ferguson would be?

De Boer has managed exclusively in the Netherlands with a dominant team who can outspend their rivals. He could be the real deal but he's far more a gamble than Ancelotti (for obvious reasons) and Klopp (who did fantastically with Mainz before doing well with Dortmund). Also the Bundesliga is similar to the Premier League in terms of tempo and style plus I'd far more likely we pack our team with Germans than Dutch players.

In saying that I'd be happy enough with him if we can't get the other two (which is likely).

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
they should promote from within and get some buck toothed retard called Patrick

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013
All these little opinions are really cute, but it's time to get to the meat of this argument - what do advanced stats have to say about Arsene Wenger and Arsenal?

Let's put emotion aside. Arsenal are the fourth richest team in the country, and have the fourth best squad, but have been getting approximately the third best results. Three is higher than four, so it would seem to me that Wenger is actually adding value to the Arsenal 'brand'. Any other American science goons want to weigh in on this one?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The new Liverpool manager will be Jamie Carragher and you all know it

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Harry Redknapp is still available. :)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Weaponized Cum posted:

they should promote from within and get some buck toothed retard called Patrick

*tugs collar*

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
post-Wenger Arsenal is not going to be a smooth ride

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Steven Gerrard will come in as player-manager on a two month loan from LA Galaxy

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

A part of me would like to see this.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
appoint gary neville as liverpool manager imo

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
the next manager needs to have some form of the club in his name or im not buying it

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bea Nanner posted:

the next manager needs to have some form of the club in his name or im not buying it

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Bea Nanner posted:

post-Wenger Arsenal is not going to be a smooth ride

Or, it's going to be amazing if we find that simple tactical planning was all that was holding back Arsenal from winning everything.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
rodgers just needs more time and to piss away another warchest.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

T Bowl posted:

They were all over him on Talksport today. They had on a journalist regular who's name I didn't catch who loves him some Arsene but his name escapes me.. he was basically like "I love Wenger, he's been amazing for the club, but my love, as with most fans of the club, has slowly been waning. I don't want my love to turn to hate... I think honestly he just needs to go"

This happens every October/November like last year with those cunts shouting at Wenger last season at the train station coming back from Stoke. If we beat man utd at home on Sunday there's a reasonable chance Arsenal will be top of the league on Monday and all the talksport eejits will be calling Wenger a genius again.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pat Mustard posted:

This happens every October/November like last year with those cunts shouting at Wenger last season at the train station coming back from Stoke. If we beat man utd at home on Sunday there's a reasonable chance Arsenal will be top of the league on Monday and all the talksport eejits will be calling Wenger a genius again.

Honestly one of the most annoying things about this is that Wenger will eventually correct the problems, but it happens every year and it's awful to watch arsenal self destruct for a third of every season and then look like title contenders for the rest of the year

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

I'd sooner have him than Solskjær

De Boer is serenading Liverpool like a horny cat
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/609494/Frank-de-Boer-Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-owners-FSG-Transfer-News-Gossip

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hoops posted:

Twitter ITKs say Brendan is out next week even if we beat Everton.

Oh man Twitter ITK's, what will you guys not know?!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
everybody knows
brodgers had to go
tinkered with formations each and every game

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

wenger said that 'he didn't think martial was for sale' as a means of making himself appear more competent lol

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Pat Mustard posted:

this implies that arsenal will beat man united and that is very unlikely lol

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

TelekineticBear! posted:

this implies that arsenal will beat man united and that is very unlikely lol

can't wait to see big Anthony running at whatever comedy characters arsenal play at centre half these days

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

excuse me lady posted:

can't wait to see big Anthony running at whatever comedy characters arsenal play at centre half these days

Martial to score 8 goals IMO.

And Depay 4.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

excuse me lady posted:

Wenger sees a French striker in red terrorising a defence and cant work out why his watch doesnt say 2005.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Arsenal always follows up a clowncar loss in the CL with a solid win in the EPL. Book it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wenger is legitimately a very good manager and the chances that Arsenal will get anyone better to replace him are low. The frustration is because Arsenal are usually really close to being able to actually win things, but I'm honestly expecting Liverpool v2 when he's gone.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Arsenal supporters are generally completely entitled and think we should be winning everything.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

fart simpson posted:

Wenger is legitimately a very good manager and the chances that Arsenal will get anyone better to replace him are low. The frustration is because Arsenal are usually really close to being able to actually win things, but I'm honestly expecting Liverpool v2 when he's gone.

:agreed:

I think he's not done himself any favours in the transfer window, and it's a blind spot that continues to plague him. He's right that it's better not to buy hit and hope players like Tottenham and Liverpool have just because you have the cash, but he had a huge war chest this season and there were players he could throw all the money at and chose instead to follow Benzema around forlornly.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fart simpson posted:

Arsenal won something last year and also the year before.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Scientastic posted:

Arsenal supporters are generally completely entitled and think we should be winning everything.
Arsenal should have legitimately challenged for the PL title at least once in 10 years tho

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Scientastic posted:

This is somehow both true while at the same time if I paid one hundred pounds - proper English pounds with pictures of Edward Elgar on - in order to see a football match, I'd expect to win and to not have to watch Francis Coquelin pretend to be a real player while the manager gets trolled in the dugout by the opposition physio

The correct answer is that if you pay to watch Arsenal it is literally your own fault and you deserve it

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Surely Wenger is retiring in the next 2-3 years anyway, no sense in hounding the man out of the club.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
The bookies seem to believe in Arsenal for this match. You can get 3.75 odds on a draw and 3.80 on a Man Utd win. That seems a tad high considering the record between these teams in the last 5-10 years. :raise: - I'd probably bet on a Utd win that if not for the fact that they looked pretty fatigued in the second half against Wolfsburg. Most of the players have played every match this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
It'll be 2-1 to Man U and I will make a face

• Locked thread