Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Sending Januzaj on loan is the biggest mistake United made in the summer window imo.

Also the De Gea/United/Madrid stuff is the gift that keeps on giving. Recent stories have been that:
1. Navas is mad at Madrid for trying to force him out and called United personally asking if they would still buy him.
2. Madrid signed some sort of contract with De Gea that means they have to pay him a whole load of cash for not buying him, possibly as much as £10m.
3. United are offering De Gea a new contract with a clause that will let him go to Madrid if they bid again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

blue footed boobie posted:

Seems kind of odd to blame Moyes for United's transfers that year. It was all blamed on Woodward at the time.

They both got blamed and rightly so.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Broletariat posted:

Yep. I don't think he's that much of an intelligent player when it comes down to it. I was surprised Guardiola went for a more physical player like him.

I saw a video the other day of Vidal playing for Bayern and Guardiola was throwing a massive tantrum on the sidelines because he was in the wrong place and passing to the wrong player.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Yeah Welbecks' knees are proper hosed, he's had problems with them since the academy days and it's just got worse as he's aged.

lol at Arsenal timing this release just after the window ends, no need to troll the fans like that imo.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Martial's agent is Philippe Lamboley. There was some talk that Mendes was 'involved' with the deal but the people who are reliable on french football like Auclair and Bouhafsi have denied this.

Besides United's relationship with Mendes is not what it was and De Gea is the last of his clients on their books. This is a good thing imo, their dealings with him have been massively expensive and not particularly successful in recent years.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Absolutely fantastic news.

I expect he'll have a clause allowing him to leave if Madrid bid a certain amount but worst case now is United keep their best player for another year and then get a good payout. Kudos to Woodward.

• Locked thread