Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I watched my older brother play through MGS 1-4 years ago when each game came out, but I don't really remember all that much about them. So before playing MGSV, I decided to play them. I'm gonna post my status in the games here, so feel free to talk about the not-MGSV games in this thread.

MY CURRENT STANDINGS

MGS1: COMPLETE

MGS2: COMPLETE

MGS3: COMPLETE

MGS4: COMPLETE

MGSPW: IN PROGRESS
MGSV:GZ: N/A
MGSV: N/A

Seshoho Cian fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I'm at the start of MGS 3 right now and Para-Medic told me I can get snakes and throw them at people.

I'm gonna do that.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I have shot a crocodile, this was a bad move.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

MGS3 is incredibly epic, enjoy

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

mmm pretty good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

zen death robot posted:

MGS3 is incredibly epic, enjoy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I see you went the canon route and saved Meryl.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seshoho Cian posted:

I wish you could capture crocodiles and throw them at people.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
How;s the 3ds port of MGS3

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm playing MGS2 right now. It's my first MGS game. I like it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

ive heard that the controls are terrible and the game will run at 20FPS despite looking worse than the ps2 version

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I beat MGS1 and MGS2 but I can't emulate 3 on my PC and I don't have a console to play the HD collection on and the 3DS version sounds loving awful

I really wanna play MGS3.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i played the pc port of mgs2

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

i played the pc port of mgs2

me too, and the end part where Colonel's face looks like a skull doesn't show. that effect was hella cool and the PC port ruined it.

also I spent actual hours of time getting my Dualshock 3 to work because the button mapping interface is a loving wreck and it took three new driver installs to get it even partially working.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I played through the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on MSX shortly before MGSV came out (both are included with the PS3 version of MGS3.)

Metal Gear was interesting but was packed to the brim with unfair character-building NES-era bullshit.

Metal Gear 2 had some of that too, but was still very cool. There was a lot of stuff in there that was referenced in future games, the story was neat and they make a big deal of what a great guy Big Boss is and how much everyone respects him as an awesome dude, how he takes care of war orphans etc.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Seshoho Cian posted:

I'm at the start of MGS 3 right now and Para-Medic told me I can get snakes and throw them at people.

I'm gonna do that.

metal gear solid 3 was the best game of all time before metal gear solid 5 came out. enjoy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MGS3 3DS is fine if you haven't played a better version. It was my first time playing it and I liked it.

Also I got elephant for MGS2 too lol

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
edit: wrong thread

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Decided to try Metal Gear 1 & 2 and the MG2 theme owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpIjT-LhNwg

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Average Bear posted:

I just played through it on a New 3DS and I did a FOXHOUND run. I also previously played a bit of it on a regular 3DS with a CPP.

I don't think that the analog nub is very good for this game, because you have to use it constantly to aim and move the camera and I don't think the nub is designed for constant use. Still, the 3DS version is solid and it even has some new titles to unlock. Crouch walking is fun and while I didn't use third person aiming very much, this is the only version of MGS3 that has it.

FOXHOUND was kind of tough in this run, and it took me longer than usual. Volgin was super hard for some reason.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The first time i played mgs3 was the best metal gear experience i will ever have

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Seshoho Cian posted:

I'm gonna do that.

If you dynamite a food pantry the soldiers in the area will eat anything you toss in front of them

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

a bay posted:

If you dynamite a food pantry the soldiers in the area will eat anything you toss in front of them

i think blowing up an ammo depot also makes them have misfires and worse weaponry or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

i think blowing up an ammo depot also makes them have misfires and worse weaponry or something

theyll quickly run out of ammo on their automatics and switch to side-arms that dont do jack poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the best one you can do is the food though because they'll be exhausted and distracted which makes the stealth way easier

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
doing both should just make soldiers give up sometimes like "eh gently caress it everything sucks"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Killing a soldier on the mountain and watching a buzzard eat the body and then killing the buzzard and eating it, ftw.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

Killing a soldier on the mountain and watching a buzzard eat the body and then killing the buzzard and eating it, ftw.

he runs by during the river section and yells YOU ATE MEEEEEEEEE

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the greatest game of all time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3. Hell, and Metal Gear Solid 5.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't imagine how nonsensical MGS2 is if you haven't played MGS1.

5 = 3 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>> 4.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 6, 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alain Post posted:

I can't imagine how nonsensical MGS2 is if you haven't played MGS1.

5 = 3 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>> 4.

2 is incredible for the fact that your Raiden alone.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I need to finish Peace Walker just for the sake of doing so. I made it my mission to play every canonical game in the series (MG1-2, MGS 1-5, PW, PO, GZ, and Revengeance) and it's the only one I didn't manage to finish before 5 came out.

The Gameboy Color one is supposedly pretty good for what it is so I may play that one too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should also play PW because it's fun

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Peace walker owns and mgs4 is the only good video game movie, that's all.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

CQC is so good, goddamn

The noise it makes when you throw a guy to the ground is the best

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Seshoho Cian posted:

CQC is so good, goddamn

The noise it makes when you throw a guy to the ground is the best

thats why the ground zeroes/tpp dunk% run exists

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The Ocelot fight was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Seshoho Cian posted:

The Ocelot fight was awesome.

Hell, the whole drat game is awesome!

• Locked thread