Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Hold R1 whenever Naomi is around, even if the prompt doesn't show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

If you hold X and shake the controller you can make women's boobs bounce in the codec screen

This is the greatest game ever made.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Christ mgs2 is the worst in the series. I mean thats the worst of the best series but still. Bullshit claymores everywhere, uninteresting game world, everything to do with ee, it has the most interesting story and some of the best cinematic elements of the series but ugggggh

Maybe I'm just a scrub but mgs3 and 1 are way more fun

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

some theorize that kojima is intentionally trolling the player with the bullshit parts of mgs 2, right down to raiden's beautiful hair.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

EE is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm otacon when he is broken down in a sobbing mess of a man because a bird keeps making noises near him

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I don't really mind playing as raiden tbh I think the whole bait and switch is cool but like every objective you have to do feels like boring busywork. Which I guess is probably intentional too fuckin kojima

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

oh boy another codec call with Rose neat fantastic

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Rose Mary is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

oh boy another codec call with Rose neat fantastic

This, but not sarcastic at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So far I love everything about MGS2 and I suspect that will remain the case.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

J...Jack...I have something to tell you...
Never mind

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's sad how lacking in weird meta poo poo mgs v was. i think everybody only went crazy for kaz's hamburgers because they latched onto the one charming, uncool thing in the whole game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I love MGS2

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Just got to arsenal anyway so notcampbell is here telling me alien stories just like I've always been looking forward to.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wish MGS2 was more fun to actually play but it's not really

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

As a Millennial I posted:

it's sad how lacking in weird meta poo poo mgs v was. i think everybody only went crazy for kaz's hamburgers because they latched onto the one charming, uncool thing in the whole game

i think i agree with you. humburgers of kaz is the only date w/ Paz-esque type thing in the game so people love it but if there was other silly stuff i could see people saying meh about it.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Genes, Memes and Nanomachines: A Hideo Kojima Pop-Up Book

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The part in mgs2 where otacon's sister who was in love with him dies and then out of nowhere he decides to tell you he hosed his stepmom and was jacking off when his dad killed himself because of it and then he does the konami code handshake-to-bro hug with his buddy snake.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm otacon when he is broken down in a sobbing mess of a man because a bird keeps making noises near him

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

alright mgs2 done now onto the The Best Metal Gear(tm): Metal Gear Solid 3: Staring The Boss, Big Boss, Naked Snake and Russian Raiden

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

don't forget skull face, lurking just off camera at all times.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There was a period on /v/ where they were photoshopping Skull Face into the background of MGS3 screenshots and I liked that a lot, lol.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

skull face just silently shaking his head as boss gets felt up by a burly russian power bottom

outside disposing of bodies as boss shows eva his animal collection, tutting and peaking in the window every now and then

comically hanging on the underside of the shagohod mumbling unhappily to himself

whooooo

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Such a lust for canon.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

There was a period on /v/ where they were photoshopping Skull Face into the background of MGS3 screenshots and I liked that a lot, lol.

I think I saved most of those.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Please post them.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

net cafe scandal posted:

EE is awesome.

She's so genuine. It's almost jarring to see Raiden interacting with this realistic person

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

There's also one of him hiding in the field where Snake fights the Boss but I can't find it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rofl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my favorite

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the mystery of who was singing is solved

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*looking over my recently purchased collection of RE1-5, strider, bionic commando rearmed and undertale* Maybe it's time to get my PS3 out of the closet and play MGS3 again :D

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lmfao at all of them, but especially this one

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

SM64Guy posted:

the mystery of who was singing is solved

lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There's also one of him hiding in the field where Snake fights the Boss but I can't find it.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

• Locked thread