Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

what does the question at the beginning mean? the did you like mgs1? did you like mgs2? stuff

You get a bonus depending on your answer. I think it's a stamina boost for MGS1, an extra cutscene about the Raiden mask for 2, and a bunch of extra camos for 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

what does the question at the beginning mean? the did you like mgs1? did you like mgs2? stuff

I looked this up because I was curious
I Like MGS1 - You don't have a beard during Virtuous Mission, also your stamina depletes slower during Virtuous Mission
I Like MGS2 - You wear a Raiden mask during the opening cutscene
I Like MGS3 - You get most of the bonuses you would get for previously completing the game, so the Extreme and European Extreme difficulties and a few extra camos

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Seshoho Cian posted:

I Like MGS1 - You don't have a beard during Virtuous Mission

Ohhh crap that's awesome.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

if i recall correctly the mgs2 one makes you start with the raiden mask equipped, the mgs3 one starts you with camos (???) i think.. and uhhh idk what the mgs1 does. cheers

e: ah gently caress, beaten.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme!

i always thought she said "slippery." like a snake

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Seshoho Cian posted:

I Like MGS1 - You don't have a beard during Virtuous Mission, also your stamina depletes slower during Virtuous Mission
I Like MGS2 - You wear a Raiden mask during the opening cutscene
I Like MGS3 - You get most of the bonuses you would get for previously completing the game, so the Extreme and European Extreme difficulties and a few extra camos

in Snake Eater on the PS2 you get a PS1 Snake mask if you say you like MGS1 and you don't get the Raiden mask at all >:)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

in Snake Eater on the PS2 you get a PS1 Snake mask if you say you like MGS1 and you don't get the Raiden mask at all >:)

No.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
its true.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ive got video proof on my lets play her e in the something awful LP forum.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ok maybe I last played Snake Eater on PS2 back when it was released 51 years ago. whatever.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I had quite a bit of trouble with The Fury, but I managed to defeat him. The final blow was me rolling into him.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

"Stop, drop and roll" - What I would've said, if I was clever

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

I had quite a bit of trouble with The Fury, but I managed to defeat him. The final blow was me rolling into him.

I love that fight and area. It's tough!

Congrats!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I kept trying to beat The Fury with the knife for a stamina kill but he kept spotting and flamethrowering me. So I decided to charge after him screaming IRL and wildly firing my shotgun at any sign of movement and he died in a minute or so first time

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I beat The Sorrow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I kept trying to beat The Fury with the knife for a stamina kill but he kept spotting and flamethrowering me. So I decided to charge after him screaming IRL and wildly firing my shotgun at any sign of movement and he died in a minute or so first time

I use the mosin and crawl around at the other end of hallways. One part of the game I use the original camera because it's much better than free range Subsistence option

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

oh man the camera angles during this chase sequence are amazing

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The Search party is out looking for me and EVA, they were just around the corner from us so I threw a snake at them and all five of them turned around to inspect it

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Seshoho Cian posted:

The Search party is out looking for me and EVA, they were just around the corner from us so I threw a snake at them and all five of them turned around to inspect it

They found the wrong snake! Lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

I'm going to be honest, I love mgs3 but I really don't like the chase sequence.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Rest in peace, Boss.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Captain gently caress Face posted:

They found the wrong snake! Lmfao
Lol

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Seshoho Cian posted:

It pissed me off that it seemed like it defaulted to behind the shoulder every area load on legacy collection but mabe ime retarded

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I can't believe I was two people away from a no kill run
I think accidentally sliced two guys throats when learning how CQC worked

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I saved too much and now rose doesn't say anything to me anymore :(

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Just finished the harrier fight. It was cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the camera on 3 loving sucks. but the 3d is good (new 3ds xl)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Seshoho Cian posted:

Dude listen. That's acceptable, but get this: I didn't exit and reload when I killed a guy accidentally in the shagohad hangar because I hadn't saved in a while, and if you Continue after dying it still counts the people you killed even if it was in the same area

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ocelot's meow lmao

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Seshoho Cian posted:

Pressure sensitive interrogation was the worst thing.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

ocelot's meow lmao

Doctor Goat posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mycophobia posted:

I saved too much and now rose doesn't say anything to me anymore :(

Oh no! Lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ocelot's meow lmao

I was thinking of his meow while reading this thread the whole time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

MGS3 CQC was really cool in some ways but I'm glad MGSV simplified it from the insane arcane mechanics of previous games to "press this button to grab a dude and then these other clearly labelled buttons to do stuff" because it still works fine and I don't understand why it wasn't like that to begin with.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I've begun the MGS4 installation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

MGS3 CQC was really cool in some ways but I'm glad MGSV simplified it from the insane arcane mechanics of previous games to "press this button to grab a dude and then these other clearly labelled buttons to do stuff" because it still works fine and I don't understand why it wasn't like that to begin with.

There's still a lot of button presses but now they're just shown on screen the whole time instead of written down in the manual

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The installation has finished.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Seshoho Cian posted:

The installation has finished.

Have fun with your movie LOL :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training