Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

*shrug* I don't really see why integration would make you think all Serbs are thieves when you yourself are Serbian. Sounds like they were just a bit weird, or maybe had a falling out? Or maybe turned middle class or something and started thinking everyone poorer than them wanted to steal their stuff.

Even if it did, the important thing for them, is that they can get along where they live, so that would surely be preferable to them being ostracized in their new home. It is better for someone living in Sweden to be a somewhat unpleasant Swede, than to be unable to integrate into that society. Ideally they wouldn't turn into an rear end in a top hat in the process but it's better for everyone domestically even if they do.

Agreed. It's normal for relations to die away once a culture assimilates in their host country. Having specific traits and values are the reason the host country is not a shithole in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

waitwhatno posted:

This is what I mean when I say that people, in general, are a little bit cuckoo in the head. Look:

Here is how a substantial part of the world lives

*world's tiniest violin starts playing*

Most of the the developing world would not make up the majority of the planet's population if they didn't have such a comparatively high child per family figure when compared to the developed parts of the world.

Basically you're saying most people live in poo poo. Yeah, that would not be the case if contraception was actually an embraced concept. Closely followed by not letting religion control your lives.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Starshark posted:

Ah, the just-world fallacy. They brought this on themselves.

Not really. But they are partly responsible. You would have to be a fool to think they have 0 impact on their predicament.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

waitwhatno posted:

holy poo poo, thread redeemed. :jerky:

say, what's your opinion on the current immigrant situation in you home country?

If you come here legally, you're more than welcome. Provided you integrate and contribute to society. Sorry y'all SJWs don't agree.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

waitwhatno posted:

what do you think about the fact that every European country was breeding out of control like rats until decent healthcare became available to women and children during industrialisation? does it in anyway clash with your preestablished notion that white people are the masters of their own destiny and self control?

Um what? At which point did I mention, or even imply race?

Edit: was phone posting and apparently messed up my previous post, refer to quotes to follow this conversation.

My point was that race has nothing to this, and in order to reach prosperity you either need to act like the developed world does, or move there to integrate. Both are essentially the same and require changing your current behaviour.

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 1, 2015

• Locked thread