Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Disco De Soto posted:

I'm saying you are focusing on the wrong issue here. These people are not risking death or worse just because they can't get a job at home, or want to meet Swedish babes.

Yes, some people will use this crisis as an opportunity to move to a better country, but I don't think it's horrible if we also accidentally help them while trying to the refugees.

Personally I hope all the money set aside for asylum policy goes towards refugees rather than making middle class west africans a bit happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

V. Illych L. posted:

hardly any west africans come to europe outside of france wtf dude

My hypothetical west africans were a reference the articles Ligur posted which featured middle class africans claiming asylum, it was a pithy way of refering to economic migrants who are claiming asylum as a way to get a foot in the door.

I'm just struggling with the idea here that economic migrants making asylum claims in the midsts of a horrendous refugee crisis are people to be defended. Which is what the post I replied to was doing.

• Locked thread