Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
I'll be starting this one soon!

For a book for next month: the man booker prize shortlist came out recently, perhaps one of them? Elena Ferranta her series has also been getting some buzz lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Just finished this. Great book. I didn't like Jennings part at all, simply because I felt that part to be too predictable and unnecessary. There was not much progression in the story during the part he wrote, the only thing that happens is that something is proven which was obviously true (for us, the readers) in the first place. Otherwise the story was really appealing to me and the mystery was well done, although lacking a bit in the number of suspects. The thing I liked the most is that Cuff was wrong.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Thus Spoke Zarathustra. Somebody said the best books for BoTM are ones that generate discussion and this one might do it? Plus I'm planning to read it soon anyway and I think many people still need to complete the "read a Philosophy book" challenge from the challenge thread.

Otherwise I'd prefer a book by a female author because my reading list has been way too male centric lately. As mentioned before, maybe the first book from the Neapolitano series? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_Novels_%28series%29

edit: flowers for algernon is really good.

Walh Hara fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 27, 2015

• Locked thread