Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

I must admit that I was really into the first part of the novel while I was travelling. Then I had a break and when I got back to book I started the second section and I never adjusted properly. So, confession: I never finished it. Did anyone else find that transition difficult?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think he does such a good job with the first narrator that the shift to the second one takes a little to get used to. It's worth making the attempt to dive back in though.

Thanks for raising Moonstone. It reminds me that I should really go back and finish it. I guess the break in my reading happened at just the wrong place.

Conan Doyle set some Sherlock stories around opium dens a little later than Collins. But I guess the Romantics dabbled in laudanum (esp. Quincy and Coleridge) and Poe benefited from flirting with opium also - and they came before Collins. I guess there are plenty books on that aspect of literature.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

So should I avoid this thread until I have finished the book because of spoilers?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

Thanks. I didn't whether or not to come back the thread to read the answer to "Should I avoid the thread?". :ohdear: I guess that must be some kind of logic problem in Philosophy 101.

• Locked thread