Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Can I get a quick rundown what has changed in the last year ? Any new classes or skills ?

I quit around the time that Cix got banned and my mmo spot is itching again.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Bert Roberge posted:

Gateway is getting shut down permanently.

Finally I can uninstall this poo poo game.

lol

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

Can I get a quick rundown what has changed in the last year ? Any new classes or skills ?

I quit around the time that Cix got banned and my mmo spot is itching again.

No new skills or classes in the last year. Major overhauls to a few classes. GF buffing and pvp got gimped. HR archery got buffed while trapper got nerfed. SW got a bit of a nerf but are still good damage; Temptation SWs were nerfed to near worthlessness. DC buffs got a huge hit when they killed power stacking. GWFs can still faceroll and win. CWs got a major nerf to damage. OP tanks are great. OP healers are great at healing but almost everyone asks for DC buff spec instead of a straight healer. Everyone still hates TRs.

No more Leadership AD. All you can get are some refining stones but you need it to be at least level 21.

No more daily quests. Instead, you get a big sum of rough AD for the first 2 dungeons or skirmishes you run each day and a little bit more after those runs until you hit a daily limit. Weekly campaign quests still give 4.5k rough AD.

No more AD from invoking. You get a 'bonus' which accrues up to 100k that adds 50% to salvage and AD earned through quests. They coupled this with a huge nerf to most salvage AD. Invoking also gives you some random character bound refining stones to clutter up your bags and you get another buff item instead of the buff that it used to give you. Coalescent Wards were removied from the trade bar store, though you can rarely get them from the 11 day invoking chest.

No more gateway or Sword Coast adventures. No way to currently get some of the best companion gear in the game, the lightfoot thief, or that free green dog companion. No current reason to upgrade more than one companion to maximum.

Foundry is pretty much dead. Any content that the console versions do not get is pretty much on the chopping block.

The new mod requires new armor with everfrost resistance to run the new dungeon. You must constantly farm relic nodes to get Voninblod to empower this armor kind of like the old Black Ice Empowerment. The current loot rewards on the dungeon are abysmally bad and it is not worth running.

They removed a good majority of the end game epic dungeons. They brought back a worse version of CN with waaaay worse rewards. Almost all BoE drops that sold well on the AH are gone except for some extraordinarily rare Artifact Equipment and Artifact Drops.

Mounts can now be equipped with things that can give you some pretty good bonuses. You can find some of this mount equipment in skill nodes. Mounts can also give stat bonuses or an extra attack, depending on the rarity of the mount. Speaking of skill nodes they're pretty much worthless now and only drop crafting materials or mount insignias, with a good chance of dropping nothing but lovely vendor trash.

The Maze Engine expansion added a pretty fun Demogorgon fight(or horrifying if your group barely meets the ilvl) and some fairly easily grindable equipment that is bind to account so you can equip your alts. The two skirmishes are garbage for the most part unless you run with a premade group. Underdark rings drop which can give you huge boosts for like 10 out of every 30 seconds or a slowly building stat increase.

Strongholds were a big kick in the balls for small guilds. Certain guild buffs like +8000 power aka +20% damage are pretty unattainable for small guilds like ours. If you're serious about numbers you have to seek out a huge drama filled conglomerate guild. Guild Alliances alleviated this somewhat though with reduced upgrade costs. Almost all of the equipment added in the stronghold mod including the extremely grindy masterwork professions stuff has become nigh worthless to run mod 10 content.

Lag and disconnects somehow seem worse, especially for European players.

They changed gear score to ilvl, which is almost as bad since things like Dragon Hoard Enchants and Blessed Fey Enchants, which give absolutely no benefit in combat, count towards your ilvl. Boons and companions do not count towards ilvl, so players with the same ilvl can still have a lot of variance.

Augment pets are no longer the best thing to have endgame. You need a pet with 3 bonding stones of greater or above, which gives a bonus of over 100% of the stats that the companion has. Fire Archon is currently the most popular for DPS, but Shadow Demon is good if you have problems soloing stuff as it shits out damage. If you buy 6 months VIP you get a decent purple pet for this that has a really annoying spell effect on its attack.

Speaking of VIP it's $10 a month and stacks up to 12 levels of benefits. It gives you a lot of good stuff like a daily lockbox key, instant travel, instant access to mail/bank/salvage/vendor, bonus xp, and bonus RAD, but you need to be at least level 8 to get the best thing (no AH posting fees). One of the benefits of VIP is no injuries too, which is great since they made it so every trap gives you an injury. Enjoy Cragmire Crypts you free to play fucks!

They added pay us $50 for an instant level 70 or various campaign completions. Do not buy the Tyranny one as it only gets you half the campaign and no Linu's Favor.

If you owned a Knight Captain, High Vizier, or High Prophet set I hope you didn't salvage those as now they are BIS for some endgame builds. These sets are going for 35 million+ AD on the AH right now since they no longer drop.

They added a bunch of random rewards for finishing leveling zone content including a green pet, a free respec token, a green mount, and another bag.

Lifesteal and Regeneration also both received a huge nerf and are basically worthless.

Overall it's somehow gotten worse since mod 5.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 17, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Bert Roberge posted:

Gateway is getting shut down permanently.

Finally I can uninstall this poo poo game.
God dammit. I just spent bux on the Dragonborn pack but the Gateway was a huge part of why I liked the game. I wonder if I can reverse the charge on my CC

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

God dammit. I just spent bux on the Dragonborn pack but the Gateway was a huge part of why I liked the game. I wonder if I can reverse the charge on my CC

It's ok you get a joke worthless gently caress you pet with bad stats in compensation.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/776966618756685824

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 17, 2016

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Thanks for the long write-up. I still gotta digest that info.

I have 2 Antiquated Knight Captain sets, they have 100-200 less defense a piece, but give the same set bonus. I had a ton of chars back then and botted the Gateway, so I'm still sitting on something like 10-14 mill AD, lots of Pure and rank 10+ enchants and plenty of other stuff. Guess it's time to do a full inventory check.

I was a huge nerd for companions back then. Are any of them worth using inside dungeons apart from the Shadow Demon and Fire Archon ?

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 17, 2016

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
With the bonding changes you're not shoehorned into a few companions. For the most part you can run around with anyone you like and benefit from their bonding stones if nothing else.

Young Yeti is still good because of their active bonus. Earth Archon has an attack that gives invincibility frames and can stand up for a surprisingly long time as a result. I've seen a few Powries and Alchemical Experimenters running around, too.

But really, pick one you like.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

Thanks for the long write-up. I still gotta digest that info.

I have 2 Antiquated Knight Captain sets, they have 100-200 less defense a piece, but give the same set bonus. I had a ton of chars back then and botted the Gateway, so I'm still sitting on something like 10-14 mill AD, lots of Pure and rank 10+ enchants and plenty of other stuff. Guess it's time to do a full inventory check.

I was a huge nerd for companions back then. Are any of them worth using inside dungeons apart from the Shadow Demon and Fire Archon ?

Basically anything with 3 offense slots is gonna be ok unless you are a tank and need defensive stats.

Ring slots are a priority over other slots for equipment as it's much cheaper to outfit those with Underdark/Maze Engine drops, especially now that SCA is down for good.

Yeti is great at single shot tanking both the CN boss and Demogorgon. It taunts, dies, and respawns.

Pets automatically resurrect after a certain amount of time so they're quite a bit more useful.

Alchemical Experimenters are pretty good for Justice Paladins as it triggers Prism like mad.

Almost any of the elemental archons are good.

Tell me your main class and your companions and I can tell you if you have some good ones. Some DCs run debuff companions like Rust Monster. Almost everything with a +stat increase for an active bonus is inferior to anything else with a % bonus.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 19, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Breaking News: The pet is now blue.

Doesn't really matter for an augment pet and especially now that the gateway is down.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Surprisingly, Perfect World refunded my money from the Dragonborn, etc pack - I complained about the closure of the Gateway in the ticket.
Unsurprisingly they closed the account entirely so I can't play any more.

Godspeed, Neverwinter goons :911:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So I got an armored griffon, which was nice.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
So, as someone who played FFIV for a while and has been playing this for a while, I've got to ask:

Is there any actual reason why there isn't (1) Role enforcement when replacing members of a queue, (2) The option to opt-out of joining a queue in process, and (3) modest rewards for joining in-progress as in-demand roles?

I mean, just about every other negative-quality-of-life comparison between the two games more or less makes sense given the FTP/monetized inventory management idea. But keeping queuing so broken when there are proven solutions out there is just baffling...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Almost every software innovation nowadays is patented, and companies will always avoid paying for a patent if they can cobble together an alternative.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Bert Roberge posted:

Tell me your main class and your companions and I can tell you if you have some good ones. Some DCs run debuff companions like Rust Monster. Almost everything with a +stat increase for an active bonus is inferior to anything else with a % bonus.

Mostly Paladin and Ranger.

I played the game from day 1, so I have one of almost every pet up until I quit last year. The list would be a bit long....

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Thranguy posted:

So, as someone who played FFIV for a while and has been playing this for a while, I've got to ask:

Is there any actual reason why there isn't (1) Role enforcement when replacing members of a queue, (2) The option to opt-out of joining a queue in process, and (3) modest rewards for joining in-progress as in-demand roles?

I mean, just about every other negative-quality-of-life comparison between the two games more or less makes sense given the FTP/monetized inventory management idea. But keeping queuing so broken when there are proven solutions out there is just baffling...

Most of the time people just make premade groups to run content since what you get half the time joining a queue is underlevelled, confused, or non-English speaking players. There are a LOT of quality of life problems with this game. There used to be an option to opt out of joining a queue in process but that was dropped for the new queue group system.

Hammerstein posted:

Mostly Paladin and Ranger.

I played the game from day 1, so I have one of almost every pet up until I quit last year. The list would be a bit long....

Just find something with 3 offense slots and a ranged attack for your HR. Young Yeti can make a pretty good tank pet if you're feeling too squishy. For the paladin something with a debuff like an upgraded sellsword can be pretty nice. Rust monster is ok for tank spec with the defensive slots. You'll want 3 bonding runestones on anything you choose which is a bit of an up front investment. If you can't swing at least +100% stat gain then just stick with an augment pet.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Can I get an invite to the goon guild? I just started (two characters under 20) but am really digging this game. Getting guild wars flashbacks and it's oh so good.

Humpthewind@humpthewind

Edit: ps4 I should specify. :derp:

PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

If you can read this Sarah Palin's dick must have fallen out of my mouth. Please return it to it's proper position.
could I get an invite for Morg Silver@psycholordling ... pc guild

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

PsychoLordling posted:

could I get an invite for Morg Silver@psycholordling ... pc guild

It says your handle's not found when I try to invite.

Have you completed all campaign quests up to the end of Neverdeath Graveyard?

There's some new anti-botting stuff that prevents players from doing much until then.

Send a mail to @istarin and I'll try to sort it out.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 26, 2016

PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

If you can read this Sarah Palin's dick must have fallen out of my mouth. Please return it to it's proper position.

Bert Roberge posted:

It says your handle's not found when I try to invite.

Have you completed all campaign quests up to the end of Neverdeath Graveyard?

There's some new anti-botting stuff that prevents players from doing much until then.

Send a mail to @istarin and I'll try to sort it out.

there is an hashtag and some numbers as well that I did not include.
I will look at it later and see if I can get it sorted..

cleric level 65 so I am past those quests.

edit
morg silver@psycholordling#7433

PsychoLordling fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 26, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

PsychoLordling posted:

there is an hashtag and some numbers as well that I did not include.
I will look at it later and see if I can get it sorted..

cleric level 65 so I am past those quests.

edit
morg silver@psycholordling#7433

Invite sent.

Skallagrimsson
Aug 7, 2003

Straining my strength I grappled,
Staggered the wordy foeman;
My tooth I bade bite him.
Best of swords at need.
I'd love an invite for the PS4 guild, if there's one still going. Character is Trouble@Samonides

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm guessing the PS4's new lockboxes must be amazing, judging by all the loving notifications on my screen.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm guessing the PS4's new lockboxes must be amazing, judging by all the loving notifications on my screen.

If you find a way to turn those off, please post it. Google tells me it is there way of advertising the drat things.

humpthewind fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 28, 2016

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
I don't play this anymore but I just got a key for a "Bane of Baphomet Pack" so here is the key for someone to use! :)

0YKRHzg7

It says you have to enter it in to the arc client.

Claimed!

Lunimeow fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 29, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Lunimeow posted:

I don't play this anymore but I just got a key for a "Bane of Baphomet Pack" so here is the key for someone to use! :)

0YKRHzg7

It says you have to enter it in to the arc client.

Activated this one, thanks =)

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

I've only done a handful of PvP matches in this game, got into one this morning where a TR challenged me to 1v1 after a paladin and I take a point he was defending. Okay, whatever, I have no PvP gear and figure this might be fun for a few seconds. I Shadow Slip away from most of his attacks, whittle him down ever so slowly, and when he's at about 10% health my team wins.

I don't know why this brought me so much joy, but it did.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PvP players who take poo poo too seriously are the most delicious salt in any game.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

PvP players who take poo poo too seriously are the most delicious salt in any game.

PVP would be better if people didn't immediately give up after the initial fight at point 2.

Like immediately people go afk or break into 1v1 if they're not stomping and you get hate texts for trying to pvp.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Yeah, that's been every match I've done so far. Granted my only other PvP experiences have been WoW and Planetside, but these players are so.... specific in their defeats. "gently caress, there goes one point, it's over." Repeat every. drat. Time.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

When I played the game I remember that was largely because winning fights was mostly about how much gear you have and to a more minor extent what class you were and then to a tiny extent the amount of skill and effort you put into it. Its totally irrational to keep fighting someone who has bigger numbers than you do because you're just prolonging the rear end kicking you are getting.

I doubt that's changed much and its no wonder people get pissed off with it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

As far as I can tell, when the two teams meet at 2 whatever the outcome of that clusterfuck is will dictate the rest of the match. You can usually tell how good the rest of your team is by how fast they die / are able to assist / kill the other team, so if you get to 2 and your team gets flattened, it's unlikely that will change later.

Source: did PvP when it was 2x ad, wanted to shoot self in the face

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

As far as I can tell, when the two teams meet at 2 whatever the outcome of that clusterfuck is will dictate the rest of the match. You can usually tell how good the rest of your team is by how fast they die / are able to assist / kill the other team, so if you get to 2 and your team gets flattened, it's unlikely that will change later.

Source: did PvP when it was 2x ad, wanted to shoot self in the face

A lot of this is 'What team has more Sigil of Devoted artifacts?' and teams with much lower gs but more of that artifact can win that fight initially.

The massive amount of European lag happening at the moment also means that some super high gs teams just fold because they can't dodge in time.

The drowned weapon set + healing from mount bonuses + something like a negation armor enchant and tenacity can make someone standing still doing nothing almost impossible to kill though.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 2, 2016

PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

so, I made it to level 70.
my hitpoints almost doubled once I started getting level 70 gear from the tradebar merchant getting close to 10k from each module.

guess the encounters in the stronghold will be easier with those extra 40-50 000 HP, not to mention grinding solo stuff

hope to see a couple more of you on the fields grinding influence in the near future.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Why are people paying so much (~30K on PS4) for random purple crafted gear? (The failures when trying to make gemmed stuff with the rare tasks) Is this strictly a reflection of the value as surplus equipment for strongholds, or is there some other use for them out there

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Same question, but with unstable potions.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Same question, but with unstable potions.

The answer is usually AD sellers moving AD or people/bots buying things with AD to sell for gold.

FunkyBean
Mar 17, 2011
Low on fat and calories so gonna go eat some peanut butter.
Lookin for an invite into ps4 guild. Funkybean@funkybean_ thanks

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"
Missing the Guild and fun times
Would post a sad Pony if it was allowed...

Have Fun

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006

Bert Roberge posted:

The answer is usually AD sellers moving AD or people/bots buying things with AD to sell for gold.

Why would people be spending AD to get gold? Isn't gold useless, or am I missing a use for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Removing enhancements intact costs gold. Three and a half doesn't seem much until you do it a lot. Some campaign tasks also cost gold.

Still a pretty bad idea to swap AD for gold as a bit of time punching out mobs and Leadership tasks gets you a good supply.

Most likely junk items with odd AD values are for players trading other items for AD, since you can't directly trade AD with another player. :shrug:

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 14, 2016

• Locked thread