Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

If you can read this Sarah Palin's dick must have fallen out of my mouth. Please return it to it's proper position.
Well, I have to say Something Lawful Guild on the PC platform could use some more activety.

I guess Goons playing seriously are in other Guilds with better boons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You tend to have more people around when new content releases. Its pretty dull once everyone has their boons and new gear. I understand a lot of people got more unhappy with changes cryptic made to the economy and crafting.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Are we likely to get new lockboxes on PS4?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Looks like we're getting one day of Runic and then Firemane after that.

Also literally laughing out loud at them pretending that previewing chests is a bug. At least we won't have to deal with that 'fix' for another month or so on consoles...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's pretty lovely, yeah. Convert about a hundred thousand AD into Zen for five keys, and the chests they open will mostly give you rings you can salvage for 3k each.

Was worth it before to have a key ready when a purple 2 slot ring came up, not even remotely worth it now.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How is this on PS4?

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

PsychoLordling posted:

Well, I have to say Something Lawful Guild on the PC platform could use some more activety.

I guess Goons playing seriously are in other Guilds with better boons?

I gave up on Neverwinter. I liked healing as a cleric up until they overhauled the class. I left for a bit after that but came back much later. Unfortunately, the level cap increased and I was no longer in endgame and couldn't continue where I left off.

When I first played, this was the only MMO where I reached endgame. Now, that number is back to zero.

Also, I have some really weird desire to play healer and heal random people in lovely wow clones (haven't actually done it yet). I have no idea why.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RickDaedalus posted:

Also, I have some really weird desire to play healer and heal random people in lovely wow clones (haven't actually done it yet). I have no idea why.
It's nice to feel useful sometimes :unsmith:

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran
PS4 Guild seems sort of dead. I don't want to splinter, I am fine with flying the Grenade flag high, but we're missing out on some boons and poo poo.

Any ideas? Anyone willing to take us into an alliance?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

furthur8 posted:

PS4 Guild seems sort of dead. I don't want to splinter, I am fine with flying the Grenade flag high, but we're missing out on some boons and poo poo.

Any ideas? Anyone willing to take us into an alliance?

It's probably a lost cause, to be honest. We're too small and inactive to even be an appealing alliance member. (I'm keeping my alt in the leader chair, in case there's an improbable rush of people wanting to join up for some reason, but pretty much everyone who's at all active has left for somewhere with access to boons and Dragonflight.)

We might want to try to angle together into the same non-goon-run guild or the same alliance, if anyone has gotten to a recruiting level with one that has a decent enough culture, though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm going to try for Filthy Casuals - reddit based, just signed a few alliances and I think they have a couple of boons unlocked. Don't need to donate or buy packages & poo poo.

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm going to try for Filthy Casuals - reddit based, just signed a few alliances and I think they have a couple of boons unlocked. Don't need to donate or buy packages & poo poo.

Let me know if it works out . I'm in off and on for at least another 6 mo so I'll be around.

PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

If you can read this Sarah Palin's dick must have fallen out of my mouth. Please return it to it's proper position.

Thranguy posted:

It's probably a lost cause, to be honest. We're too small and inactive to even be an appealing alliance member. (I'm keeping my alt in the leader chair, in case there's an improbable rush of people wanting to join up for some reason, but pretty much everyone who's at all active has left for somewhere with access to boons and Dragonflight.)

We might want to try to angle together into the same non-goon-run guild or the same alliance, if anyone has gotten to a recruiting level with one that has a decent enough culture, though.

not having access to those boons are quite an obstacle.

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Guess I'll try to get in their ranks as well so I won't be the only goon. PSN is solus_moritor so if you see me online and I can help, (unlikely single most of my stuff is scrub tier) drop me a line!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Made a new paladin, throw me an invite (PC): Baltang@djflippers

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
How far behind the PC version is the PS4 one? It seems to be catching up, or?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think now we're just missing sea of moving ice, and a couple of events worth of loot on the auction house

We even have unicorns now, which made my wife unreasonably happy.

PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

On the PC platform, would it be possible to lose that one alliance member guild so we can try to join an alliance that actually are capable of doing Dragonflights?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Sure, I can bump the guild off tonight. Nevermind, seems it needs at least 1 more leader vote for the other guild to leave the alliance and I doubt the other players play anymore. You can wait to see if the guild leaves on its own or get a leader of yours to kick it off.

e: Nitty gritty on the new BiS artifact weapons.

tl;dr beyond getting the base items it's horrible poo poo so don't try to poopsock your way through it if you value your remaining shred of humanity. Getting the components needs masterwork in either Artificing or Weaponsmithing and is mostly RNG-based and you need a lot of them. Hopefully they'll reduce the grind later on but I'm not holding my breath.

Fishing is pretty nice to do in spurts and you can go boat drifting if you're bored (it sails towards where the camera is facing).

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 20, 2016

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Pooncha posted:

Hopefully they'll reduce the grind later on but I'm not holding my breath.

Reduce the grind, in this game? If anything they'll make it even worse.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If the grind gets bad enough they'll stick a booster item on the Zen store, but that's about it.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Pooncha posted:

Sure, I can bump the guild off tonight. Nevermind, seems it needs at least 1 more leader vote for the other guild to leave the alliance and I doubt the other players play anymore. You can wait to see if the guild leaves on its own or get a leader of yours to kick it off.

e: Nitty gritty on the new BiS artifact weapons.

tl;dr beyond getting the base items it's horrible poo poo so don't try to poopsock your way through it if you value your remaining shred of humanity. Getting the components needs masterwork in either Artificing or Weaponsmithing and is mostly RNG-based and you need a lot of them. Hopefully they'll reduce the grind later on but I'm not holding my breath.

Fishing is pretty nice to do in spurts and you can go boat drifting if you're bored (it sails towards where the camera is facing).

If its a big deal I can download the game and vote on it assuming I wasn't demoted.

The grind only ever got exponentially worse so I wouldn't like hold out any hopes for that and they're only going to push the goalposts like continent further away anyhow

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like the game is at it's best levelling toons up and playing with builds, so i've mostly just been levelling to 70, saving for another character slot and then levelling up another.

Trying to get r12s in every slot just seems like a recipie for insanity.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well if you actually tried to grind that poo poo out its probably impossible. At least the high rank enchants mostly keep their value for mods in a row. They're ludicrously expensive but they aren't artifact gear obnoxious. Oh you leveled your's well here comes a marginally better version that you can only use on 1 character and we know for a fact you're going to swap to it or lol we decided to gimp this set/active because it was popular, gently caress you.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
PS4 guild sounds dead, is there a guild where most of the old members are that I could try to get in? I just started playing a few weeks ago.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I hate yankees posted:

PS4 guild sounds dead, is there a guild where most of the old members are that I could try to get in? I just started playing a few weeks ago.

I would appreciate this info as well. I started playing last week.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Anyone still playing this on PC? Would like an invite to the guild if possible: Baltang@djflippers

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Mykkel posted:

I would appreciate this info as well. I started playing last week.

I also just started on the PS4

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Sorry for the double posting, but I am up for starting a new goon guild if anyone is interested. I'll post my username tonight when I get home, because I don't remember it now.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
My PSN is NSASpyMachine and I'm down for the new guild.

I just got leatherworking to 25 and am working on jewel crafting and alchemy now. Alchemy is bullshit.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I'm down for a new guild, don't know my psn name.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Mykkel posted:

I'm down for a new guild, don't know my psn name.

On the character select screen you can find it, the format will be 'character name'@'psn name' or jest let me know later, my psn name is numerrik. I think we have to have five people (full group) to form a guild, so name ideas and more cool or goon people are appreciated.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think our guild leader (Valor of the Wolf) just abandoned us, given that we've had enough for the farm for three days now, and no reply.

Can you rename guilds? If I can get him to give it to me i'll change it to something suitably goony.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Something Lawful is still around (and already has an unlocked bank slot as an advantage over a brand new guild); I can add anyone in/back in/in with alts who wants

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Mykkel Malthain is the character Kraebor is psn name.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Thought this might amuse anyone who still remembers the game http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323027

Da law in china is forcing loot box games to publish the drop rates on the box contents. So from May for neverwinter you can know what your odds of getting whatever currently op bullshit is from a box. I wonder if people will have the rational response of I'm not paying for a near absolute zero chance or if they'll just keep buying. You know assuming it all goes as described.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I was thinking about this earlier today (though mostly in relation to Destiny's legendarily evil RNG). Publishers are going to have to announce the drop rates, or miss out on the Chinese market, which is huge. And if the drop rates are announced in China, they'll get translated by bilingual westerners pretty much the same hour. Which means that thanks to Chinese law, everyone finds out.

However, the amount of users who look stuff up is probably a relatively small proportion, even in a stat based MMORPG like Neverwinter. So even though the drop rates will be advertised on reddit for powerspergs, I doubt it will have much of an effect on the game's economy.

Although... I'm just thinking about coalescent wards. Since the upgrade chance of weapon / armor enchants is transparent, it's created a need for a relatively expensive item to boost the chance. So maybe having other chances (like the chance of getting orange mounts from lockboxes) will lead to the introduction of other kinds of rarity booster consumables?

Not saying I support the idea, just that it would be an interesting solution to previously assumed drop rates now being transparent.

Although having already won an armoured griffin a few months back, I feel like I already won the game and there's really not much more I can expect from RNGeezus.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Being quite frank any game that you can pay for power in is hosed. Its done but no one knows it yet or its still such a soft difference between playing for it and paying for it that people haven't caught on yet or are insanely invested in denying it. Or its straight done and you only have a whale population hanging around in the pathetic hope that the minnows will show up.

In pc neverwinter it went from money doesn't matter that much to money is the only thing that matters. I dunno good luck on console but I don't believe that you will have

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 10, 2016

PsychoLordling
May 13, 2008

Anyone playing Neverwinter on PC on a regular basis?
Not seen anyone else around for weeks.

Threw an invite to Granbar yesterday. I will try to keep up with this thread in case more want to join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!
Sign me up folks. Let's kill them with graphics.
My ign is Dank Disciple@milkmonkey.

• Locked thread