Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I am grabbing some space bux during their sale but it's asking me which server I'm on. The only ones listed are Dragon (International) and a Russian one. I assume everyone plays on dragon?

e: Could I also get an invite for Blow'd Up@Syrinxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

I am grabbing some space bux during their sale but it's asking me which server I'm on. The only ones listed are Dragon (International) and a Russian one. I assume everyone plays on dragon?

e: Could I also get an invite for Blow'd Up@Syrinxx

Invite sent!

PC Gateway is down until like Tuesday which really butters my biscuits.

Devs basically said 'gently caress you we're at PAX this weekend.'

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 3, 2016

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm a little ashamed, but I went through my entire first month of VIP without selling the excess/useless-to-me poo poo on the AH. I just offloaded the remains of what I had and made about 180k AD. Going forward, is it better to open the packs I get from my daily Shaundakul Lockbox and sell whatever comes out of them on the AH, or should I list the packs unopened on the AH?

i.e. Would it be better to list the "Rider's Strongbox of Enchantments" on the AH, or open it myself and list the contents on the AH?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Do a quick check on how much the individual pack sells for vs. the value of the minimum value items in the pack and see if you're ok with gambling that much.

It just varies on a case by case basis.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Could I get an invite for vigfus@vigfus#5780 ?

jeebus bob fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 3, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Thanks Linu you dick, that bubble full of demons is also full of all the loot I hadn't picked up yet :(

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007
Hey PS4 guildies, sorry about being such a crummy and abscent guild "leader", my time avaliable to play has cratered and my interest has been seriously distracted.. Is there any active goon out there I can pass the torch to? I might get stuck back in eventually but I wouldn't wanna hold the leader spot hostage based on a "maybe".

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

jeebus bob posted:

Could I get an invite for vigfus@vigfus#5780 ?

Invite sent.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Bert Roberge posted:

Invite sent.

umm I logged in this morning an the invite popped up on my screen only to be covered by the standard welcome to the game popup. When I clicked to remove the latter, the invite was gone :doh:

jeebus bob fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Sep 4, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

jeebus bob posted:

umm I logged in this morning an the invite popped up on my screen only to be covered by the standard welcome to the game popup. When I clicked to remove the latter, the invite was gone :doh:

Invite sent again.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Bert Roberge posted:

Invite sent again.

Thanks. Any idea how to avoid it happening again? Almost afraid to login :v:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

jeebus bob posted:

Thanks. Any idea how to avoid it happening again? Almost afraid to login :v:

Invites are just buggy so sometimes we have to do em a few times, especially if the guy getting the invite is offline.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 4, 2016

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
What's the best tank for my alt? I tried paladin but it seemed a bit boring but I'd be willing to give it another go if nothing else is as good or something. Can paladin also be specced as a healer?

Also are there any must not miss quests? Because of the event I'm over levelling past a lot of quest chains.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Washout posted:

What's the best tank for my alt? I tried paladin but it seemed a bit boring but I'd be willing to give it another go if nothing else is as good or something. Can paladin also be specced as a healer?

Also are there any must not miss quests? Because of the event I'm over levelling past a lot of quest chains.

Paladin can be specced as a healer or a tank, though the demand for paladin healers is fairly low at the moment. I haven't yet run Fangbreaker's Island and it might need a really good healer, though at least one boss is a DPS check so people would probably prefer DCs.

GFs are better at keeping threat at the moment but OP tanks have better survivability. Both are good though many groups prefer a GF because they can cast Into the Fray which buffs damage and AP gain.

Look at your campaign tab for the stuff you want for rewards for various leveled tasks. Save the armor kits to help on ilvl at endgame if you can.

You definitely don't want to miss the initial Nasher quests, the Seer quests that start in Protector's Enclave, and Neverdeath Graveyard as they all give you bags.

Completing other deeds can get you good stuff with the savras coins like a free respec, a green mount, a green companion, and a starting stat artifact.

Completing the Tower District quests will get you one green quality laborer for almost every profession and is worth it on every character.

At level 70 you should complete the Spinward Rise portion of the Elemental Evil campaign as it gives you a decent starting artifact weapon.

If you have any stability artifacts you want to eventually finish the Bruenor quests to get his helmet as this can be used to feed those for a huge refinement point boost.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Can I do any daily quests for AD below level 60? I'm almost 50 but it would be a lot easier if I could get a dragon bone pact blade.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Washout posted:

Can I do any daily quests for AD below level 60? I'm almost 50 but it would be a lot easier if I could get a dragon bone pact blade.

You can run dungeons and skirmishes twice a day for a significant amount of rough AD. After that it just gives you a very small amount. At 70 you can unlock weekly quests which all give about 4.5k rough AD.

Make sure to pick up your daily dungeon key in PE if you run dungeons as the blue at the end can sell for 300-1k+ AD.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 4, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

What's up Washout?

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

ParsleyTroll posted:

Hey PS4 guildies, sorry about being such a crummy and abscent guild "leader", my time avaliable to play has cratered and my interest has been seriously distracted.. Is there any active goon out there I can pass the torch to? I might get stuck back in eventually but I wouldn't wanna hold the leader spot hostage based on a "maybe".

Can't help with being guild leader, but I'd like to get in to the PS4 guild if possible.

Character is Vermouth@solus_moritor if anyone feels like inviting me.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The amount of people who don't get even the most basic boss setups (the loving Drider from the GM event) is staggering, especially coming from end game FF14.

furthur8 posted:

Can't help with being guild leader, but I'd like to get in to the PS4 guild if possible.

Character is Vermouth@solus_moritor if anyone feels like inviting me.

Invite sent!

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 5, 2016

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

Agrias120 posted:

The amount of people who don't get even the most basic boss setups (the loving Drider from the GM event) is staggering, especially coming from end game FF14.

Invite sent!

Much appreciated!. I have a friend who might also want to join, if that's alright. She's not technically a goon, but I can vouch for her inasmuch as she's not gonna clean out the gbank or anything.

furthur8 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 5, 2016

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

furthur8 posted:

Much appreciated!. I have a friend who might also want to join, if that's alright. She's not technically a goon, but I can vouch for her inasmuch as she's not gonna clean out the gbank or anything.

I don't see why it'd be a problem. Any Goon guild I've ever been in has always had a "friends and family" kind of deal. If you post up her info I'll send an invite when I log in later today.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Eh I finally switched to AC Virtuous spec after a group with 2 Polish gwfs who didn't understand how to use the shift key.

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

Agrias120 posted:

I don't see why it'd be a problem. Any Goon guild I've ever been in has always had a "friends and family" kind of deal. If you post up her info I'll send an invite when I log in later today.

Thanks!

Name is Shava Silverkin@LaviGhost

Edit: not sure if capitalization matters.

furthur8 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 6, 2016

dmkmills
Nov 12, 2003
Jedi Knight
Hey guys, I'm a leader of a small XB1 guild with just some friends. Is there any way I can get a guild invite for my guild to be an underling guild of the bigger SA one? Most of the members are goons. Guild: Stargate Command, my gamertag: dmkmills

We're mostly new to the gaame, but we'd rather contribute and be a part of a bigger alliance. Let me know if I missed a post about XB1, it's hard to tell how new this thread content is with the PC/console mixing...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

ParsleyTroll posted:

I'll take it on. ( Venn Daikon@j232000 )

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dmkmills posted:

Hey guys, I'm a leader of a small XB1 guild with just some friends. Is there any way I can get a guild invite for my guild to be an underling guild of the bigger SA one? Most of the members are goons. Guild: Stargate Command, my gamertag: dmkmills

We're mostly new to the gaame, but we'd rather contribute and be a part of a bigger alliance. Let me know if I missed a post about XB1, it's hard to tell how new this thread content is with the PC/console mixing...

No xb1. Only PC and PS4.

dmkmills
Nov 12, 2003
Jedi Knight

jabro posted:

No xb1. Only PC and PS4.

Wellll that's unfortunate and sad. Or just sadly unfortunate.

OK so if any goons on XB1 want to be in a guild, feel free to hit me up in game @dmkmills or request an invite to the guild "Stargate Command".
We're small, but at least we can give a home to goons who want one!

Feel free to add my info to any posts that have guild info -- happy to start a community for XB1. I'll see if I can find a bigger guild to latch onto as well, so join up if you're looking for that.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Got the green slime and pewter golem as random drops, so that's cool.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well I used the weekend to poopsock my CW up to almost 60, and also dropped the $ on a Dragonborn pack and rolled up a DC. I think the 2XP weekend may have spoiled me on how fast you can level up though so I hope I don't burn out doing the same crap yet again. I also grabbed a polar :tbear: with a coupon so all my dudes could have Barbarian's Revelry, I hope this is a decent mount choice :ohdear:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Just pulled a 15% coupon from invoking. I've made 1.5k Zen over the last 2-3 days, so I think I might go ahead and use the coupon to get a 24-slot bag, then gamble that I'll make enough in selling my daily lockbox bulls to bankroll another month of VIP in the remaining 28 days I have left.

furthur8 posted:

Thanks!

Name is Shava Silverkin@LaviGhost

Edit: not sure if capitalization matters.

Sent!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

PC Gateway's been down for 5 days due to 'botting' with the devs being mysteriously silent.
If anyone still has some of that companion gear its price has skyrocketed and the Rings of the Loyal Avenger alone are going from between 1 and 2.5 million AD.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Gateway's down indefinitely unfortunately.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
PS4 Guild stuff:
So, I think I went through and promoted up everyone who had posted in here. A lot of people requested invitations early on but didn't provide both psn name and character name, so if you're waiting on that, let me know those things (and probably put 'ps4' somewhere in the post.) Also, we now have a bank.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I put some companion xp treatises in there, feel free to take the poo poo in the top right if you need it. Got them from vip rewards and they're neither valuable nor are they worth much on the auction house.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Bert Roberge posted:

PC Gateway's been down for 5 days due to 'botting' with the devs being mysteriously silent.
If anyone still has some of that companion gear its price has skyrocketed and the Rings of the Loyal Avenger alone are going from between 1 and 2.5 million AD.

Huh. I wonder if someone worked out a way to bot Sword Coast Adventures.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
I'm trying to decide if me and a couple of PS4 friends should start playing this or ESO... Is there anyone who has played both and has a strong opinion one way or the other?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Glazius posted:

Huh. I wonder if someone worked out a way to bot Sword Coast Adventures.

I think it was some weird auction house bug that was killing their servers by undercutting stuff.

Expect a massive nerf to leadership though because we haven't had enough of those.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

crazystray posted:

I'm trying to decide if me and a couple of PS4 friends should start playing this or ESO... Is there anyone who has played both and has a strong opinion one way or the other?

I always loved the combat in NWN, which to me feels more satisfying than ESO. But Cryptic being Cryptic, p2w, and an empty guild when I play (European) made me look for an alternative. I mean, they removed most of the dungeons in the game at some point! :wtc: Ended up with ESO, which I still greatly enjoy! They are also revamping the world (Oct 5th), making everything playable and scaling from the get go, meaning you can go anywhere, at any time. Regular (quarterly?), large updates, with new dungeons and/or solo areas. You have to pay for the DLC or subscribe though, whereas NWN now has a loving ton of stuff to do, for free (end-game gear/refinement though. Ugh..).

Sorry for the coup attempt, NWN guys <3

e: are the dungeons back in yet btw?

valuum fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 14, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

valuum posted:

I always loved the combat in NWN, which to me feels more satisfying than ESO. But Cryptic being Cryptic, p2w, and an empty guild when I play (European) made me look for an alternative. I mean, they removed most of the dungeons in the game at some point! :wtc: Ended up with ESO, which I still greatly enjoy! They are also revamping the world (Oct 5th), making everything playable and scaling from the get go, meaning you can go anywhere, at any time. Regular (quarterly?), large updates, with new dungeons and/or solo areas. You have to pay for the DLC or subscribe though, whereas NWN now has a loving ton of stuff to do, for free (end-game gear/refinement though. Ugh..).

Sorry for the coup attempt, NWN guys <3

e: are the dungeons back in yet btw?

They re-added Castle Never but it's a bullshit version that's super annoying for melee.

I haven't tried the new frost dungeon, but the last boss fight has some neat mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Gateway is getting shut down permanently.

Finally I can uninstall this poo poo game.

• Locked thread