Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Wow, I MUST be getting old and feebleminded. I must have downloaded this and played for a short while as I already have a L3 cleric. That said, how does one go about deleting a character? Are there multiple character slots, or is that a paywall thing?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Redid character as control wizard.
Invite Spookytooth@fogtripper at your leisure.
Christmas@fogtripper as well.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 9, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Holy lag spikes. Is it on my end, or does all control stop on the server at times?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Made it to L11 this AM on Christmas (1/2orc rogue). Enjoying melee a bit. I need to read up on builds and such before I spend points. Also, lolling at the lockboxes and obvious cash grab.

edit: Did a PvP domination match and had a 2:7 death:kill ratio, so there is that...

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 9, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Huh, that frees me up to craft I guess...

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Anyone else suddenly unable to login with their password? Both the game and forum suddenly tell me my password is wrong. :/

Hmmm, was patching.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I suppose I have the benefit of being clueless about it all at this point. I am still trying to comprehend the character build system.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
What's an artifact? :blush:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I have found the minigame in the gateway is addictive as hell. That said I leveled 4 compainions to L15+ in a day with it. It was then I learned about companion level caps :(

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Just going to put this here, regarding companions. It is a good read.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1vspat/updated_companions_all_you_need_to_know/

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

cixorez posted:

a lot of words seemingly typed shorthand as a text message

Really wanted to read this all. Really hard to read it at all.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Goofballs posted:

He's explaining how brutally they hosed up the endgame. I understand you're leveling so its not really a problem yet. When you're loving around at 70 trying to find ways to up your power it will start to make a lot more sense.

No, I literally meant that it was painful to try to read. I don't want to get all grammar/spelling/punctuation nazi, but it made me want to headbutt my monitor.

Hopefully by the time I get to 70, the devs will have something figured out. All in all, the game is amazingly well done. Moreso as a free-to-play game.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

cixorez posted:

TL;DR

The main problem is: THERE IS NO CONTENT TO RUN THAT DROPS ANYTHING VALUEABLE or PROFITABLE.
In actuality over the course of 12 months everything profitable while playing the game was NERFED.

Yeah, from my noob seat that seems to be the crux of the issue. AD via leadership was a bad thing, but really the only route to get "things" at the price that cryptic set. Either they need to drastically reduce those prices, or open up non P2W avenues to acquire like level-powered gear.

I really have no idea about stronghold prices and mechanics and whatnot so far. But I have to ask, have we as a guild considered joining a larger guild? Maybe a stronghold SHOULDNT be attainable by every tiny guild that thinks themselves a special snowflake.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 15, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

FelixReynolds posted:

On the note of free stuff - if you are playing and think you might stick around for a while, when you hit 60 or so and start getting armor that lets you slot an Enhancement (the purple box) send me a PM in game. I'll happily send you a Soulforged to stick in there which should make any and all PvE you do a lot easier, plus it's always a huge plus to have on any dungeon or skirmish runs you go on.

Do you happen to have an enhancement like that for a weapon? Just acquired a Dragon Bone Scepter with a purple slot.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Dear leaderer, when might you be online?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Kind of glad that they are taking steps rather than one fell swoop of doom. Comprehensive is a bad thing.

Really hope they drastically increase AD generation while leveling. Running a dungeon twice for the same as I was getting for one run and a key before is asinine, and whoever thought that was a step in the right direction should be sacked.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
By the by, how many of us goons are actually still playing at this point? Since I began I have seen a top end of 3 of us online at once.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
White Dragons Matter.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Pooncha posted:

Unless they tweaked with the ID scroll drop rates, usually ID'ing only the items that you could use that are potential upgrades, and/or are rares, will keep your supply good.

I have been doing so, but still managed to run out. AH would not complete a transaction to bid on more. If you could drop a few on it, that would be great.

Glazius posted:

Well, the highest-tier scrolls work on all items, and I added about three more stacks of them to the gbank just now, so go hog wild.

My be a bug, but I was able to ID the L70 stuff I stuck on the second tab with a low end scroll. I wonder if it is bugged in such a way that if a low level player is using it, it has no L limit? For the record it was L70 stuff that dropped in a daily cragmire. Apparently I had high level people in my group.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 19, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Strange. I've never, ever run out of id scrolls.

Part of it was having the high level stuff dropping for other classes that I won on rolls. Dumping nonIDed stuff on the
vendors gets me worthless coins while identified high level stuff has the chance at AH value. I loving hate the multi currency design of the game.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Made it 30 on my cleric. Was excited to enter a new dungeon that opened up at the end of a zones quests.

Yay, cragmire crypts... again. This time because a quest told me to do it.

One
loving
Dungeon

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Currently finding the gateway dice game more engaging than the online MMO. God help me but I am tempted to purchase a couple more epic companions solely for that. :ohdear:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Lunimeow posted:

Well I don't know if anyone else has ever tried to get zen through the arc launcher (for the bonus) but do you have any idea how long it takes? It's been pending for over 2 hours.

Just don't spend money irl on this. Just don't.

PS: If you use steam wallet, it doesn't count toward the first time zen buyer bundle that you'd get in the zen market. You have to buy it through arc.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
XP booster underwear question

For 1500 Zen:
Inscribed Garments
These class appropriate garments are enchanted to grant a total of an extra 20% Experience gained when worn together and thier stats scale appropriately with your level.

Reclaimable for each character, not tradable.

Does "Reclaimable for each character" translate into all characters on account have access, or just one character per purchase? The epic mount I got via the zen store went to all characters on my account and had same verbiage, but I want to be certain.

Nevermind: confirmed!

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 25, 2015

• Locked thread