Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Unless they tweaked with the ID scroll drop rates, usually ID'ing only the items that you could use that are potential upgrades, and/or are rares, will keep your supply good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Fog Tripper posted:

Part of it was having the high level stuff dropping for other classes that I won on rolls. Dumping nonIDed stuff on the
vendors gets me worthless coins while identified high level stuff has the chance at AH value. I loving hate the multi currency design of the game.

I never really bothered keeping or ID'ing anything I couldn't use as artifact food these days. :v:

I'm not sure how my stance would change considering the alterations to AD acquisition, though. Probably not by much, since I don't play that often anymore. NWO is not as fun without drunk Skype buddies to do daily grinds with. :(

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

:crossarms:

I'm almost tempted to say that that's some projection right there.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Lunimeow posted:

Well I am pleased to say I have completed my elemental archon companion set. I have decided to name them based on their element.

Fire: Flambo
Air: Aaron
(My personal favoirte) Water: Walter

The earth archon is named after a golem in a story I've been trying to write for 15 years.

E:holy poo poo I just woke up, nobody saw me spell write like that, shh...

I just have Glass, Sir Puffbutts, Brigadier Burny, and Hydrogen Monoxide. :shobon:

Has anyone been getting spots of insane lag at times? It's been making the game unplayable for me on occasion, especially in boss fights where I lag so hard my screen still thinks we're fighting minutes after everyone grabbed their loot and left. Oddly, the chatbox is up to date despite that.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

Game's been really nice to me network-wise :shrug: I've had noticeable latency like, two occasions in the past couple of weeks and neither were more than a few seconds.

I really have no idea what's up with my lag issues, as it hasn't cropped up until fairly recently, after I came back from hiatus. I would say it's on my end, except that usually my connection remains buttery smooth anywhere else. Flushing the DNS seemed to help, but it could just as well be one of the occasional lag-free moments.

WinMTR and tracert imply that the server in California might be the issue, as it tends to have a ludicrously high ping.

:shrug:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

My guild has discovered a way to grab the Vault of the Nine quest as early as level 4. I will test it out tonight with a fresh toon but it generally involves some parkour to avoid the guard who will ordinarily stop you. Supposedly it can only work with toons made post-patch as one of my guildmates tried on an older lowbie without much success.

I'll update with more info once I get the method down pat. It'll probably be fixed pretty soon, though.

EDIT: There be exploities down below! Do not read if you want to be a fair-playing legit goon! :v:

It involves grabbing the "Artifacts of Legend" from Jarlaxle, who's chilling by the southern gate.

• Your toon should start at (1), at the taller pedestal right before the invisible wall. Then hop over to (2).
  • There's a bit of footing that's higher at (2), use that to leap to (3).
  • (3) is where it gets tricky. Go around until you're under (4) and hop around until you can pin yourself in mid-air between the pedestal and the not-so-invisible wall cutting you out of Lord Neverember's throne. Once you hit that snag, you can then jump to (4)
  • You should be right beside the statue, and from there, head to either one of the two (5) areas, either side of the banner.
  • From (5) you just drop down. The guard will try to halt you with dialogue but you can ESC out of it, leaving you in the throne room with Lord Neverember, and you can grab the quest. To get out, you can either switch instances, kill yourself, or jump to the nested platform where the statue is, then jump back down to trigger the guard's dialogue.

From there, it's a matter of finding someone to carry you through the quest, and there you have it: your class artifact at level 4.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Nov 1, 2015

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Wait until the 25th for everything 50% off, then buy the DB Legend pack. On top of lizardman, extra character slots, and race reroll, you also get some swanky twink stuff that holds up pretty well until 70 and cosmetic stuff for every toon you roll, and some one-time miscellanies on the side. Sweet deal for $37.50, especially if you rock alts.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Has anybody figured out what "Stealth Sight" actually does? A little part of me thinks it is exactly what it says it is, as it is on a Ring of Vision, but there's another ring called "Ring of Reflex Sight" that also reveals dudes in stealth and is more explicit about it in the description, so...? :confused:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

That's lame. :effort: I guess I'll keep an eye out for a better Ring of Reflex Sight.

I suppose it may be me, but I kind of enjoyed the storyline, in the B-movie kind of way (then again, I have experienced far worse storylines, so my perception may be skewed). It's pretty much a stress-free romp filled with the cast to :syoon: over, and it throws a bunch of EXP and poo poo at you to sweeten the deal/soften the blow. I leveled up a bunch of companions and progressed my artifact equipment quite a bit just going through the series.

Pwent's lame name is offset by the fact that he is a battlerager, and a dwarf whose MO involves Wolverine claws and hugging enemies to death is alright in my book. :black101:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

always be closing posted:

Any resources or build guides for the Xbox version? My brother wants me to play this with him, but said that I should follow a guide to build a character, so I don't gently caress it up.

http://nwcalc.com/ - a handy builder that will help you hash out something you like. PC players will notice that it only lets you assign up to 71 points in powers, but it's not too much of a quibble. There's an Xbox mode too.

As to build guides, what kind of role are you interested in? Tanking, DPS, etc.?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Paladins are great as they can pull double duty as healer and tank, though most tend to lean more towards one than the other. My Skype buddy plays a paladin focused on the healing tree, and while it takes forever for him to kill anything at endgame he never, never dies.

To be fair, we play insane builds that should never see the light of day. :shepface:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Attacks that have a linear AoE, such as charge attacks and a pit friend's eruption thingamajig?

Edit: ahahaha it's supposed to be a pit fiend. Silly autocorrect!

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 26, 2015

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

The mod6 pally builds should still hold up to now. Just remember that Prism was recently changed not to trigger on Bond of Virtue and heal-over-time effects.

Pugged 4-5 epic Demogorgons. Two fangs and not a twisted ichor in sight, even on qualifying runs. :shepface:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

That sounds like a possibility. I'll try to pug one after reset.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

The ball game changes somewhat once you hit the 60s, but yeah, levelling up can be a bit of a snooze fest if you have a clue.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

The "Attack" and "Supply Woes" HEs are indeed very easy peasy and should be doable with any character that's functional in solo content. Just remember to kill the shamans first when dealing with orcs.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I'd buy a Stronghold Starter Pack from you. I'd also buy the Grazilaxx bundle but I only want the gloves. :smith: If anyone just wants the companion but doesn't want the gloves for whatever reason, let me know.

Hit me up at @fooditto.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I sent the squid back to MartianAgitator. Hit him up! :)

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

:confuoot:

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 14, 2015

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Hey Martian, sorry for bailing out on you like that. Something came up and I had to provide credentials to certain people who think I'm a terrorist or something :shepicide: If I'm not busy by next weekend let's run some poo poo again.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 14, 2015

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

For some builds, they don't really come to their own until later. For instance, "trapper/hybrid" Hunter Rangers are lousy to play until level 50-55, when you get the abilities that really make them shine.

My best suggestion would be to find a role you like to play, find a class/build that specializes in that, and go play. Double EXP comes soon so you can build and experiment without as much investment.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

"Mom, it's totally not what it looks like!" :stonk:

My guild has a few awesome GWFs so when I get home I can ask for their opinion. I do remember that one of my guildmate's GWF builds focused on STR and DEX, starting DEX as high as it can go. Daggers, IBS, and Daring Shout, I think?

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 18, 2015

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

The event runs from December 26 to January 2, at reset. Today is a :siren:Bag of Holding:siren:.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Today's free item is a Stone of Health!

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Speaking of double experience, today's free item is an Experience Booster!

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

MartianAgitator posted:

I've mostly had fun PVPing below the level cap. It's just...Rogues, man. Rogues.

Rogues are pretty much the "I win" button in PvP. That and CWs with rings of ambushes.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

On the "plus" side, you don't need a copy of the same enchantment of the same rank to progress to ranks 11 and 12. :shepicide:

I'll be on with my alts shortly.

EDIT: Today's free item is a Blood Ruby. Just in time for :siren:double RP:siren: also today!

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 29, 2015

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Today's free item...well, items are 3 Preservation Wards!

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

:toot:

All my artifacts are still purple. :smith:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I should get more bank slots, I suppose. Hoarding that poo poo for 2x was a nightmare. I did get my twisted weapons and a number of my pet's enhancements to rank 10, though.

I'm also waiting on service for my car so someone else can tell us what today's free item is. :shobon:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Mostly I hoard the rank 5 enchantments, green stones, and peridots that I find. Even when freely using the white stones and lesser enchantments, inventory/bank space was a pinch, and buying all the decorative scarves to be used in some not-forseeable future probably didn't help. The AH mail trick is good, though! I'll keep it in mind.

I'd also like to goonify my TR, Aless Toshen@fooditto (I might have asked before but I don't think it went through). His notable accomplishments are limited to soloing Ghost Stories and Vault of the Nine with only a handful of deaths. He even comes with a fabulous outfit!

How could you not love it? :gay: :sparkles:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Today's free item is a :syoon:Winter Wolf :syoon:* mount!

*Your :syoon: may vary.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 1, 2016

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

The Blacklake and Neverdeath Graveyard quest lines give a bag at the end.

Flesh Forge posted:

A priority thing to do at 70 is to go unlock Sharandar/Dread Ring and do a couple day's worth of dailies (I think you only need 4) to buy the artifact neck/belts for one or the other zone, depending on whether they have stats you want. They are pretty blatantly good, stat wise.

Keep in mind regarding the Seldarine (Sharandar) set that the one sold in the store is not the same as the "Greater" set. The stat bonuses on the Greater belt/amulet are actually bigger.

I would recommend getting the boons first as they help a lot when you get to the harder areas (Well of Dragons, IWD) and for dungeons and raids. I'll see if I can't find a few Genie's Gifts lying around.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

It's worth doing Tyranny until you reach the point where the boons need super special books. I don't 100% remember at what point you get it, but down the line you get a quest that unlocks the weekly "Defending the Portal" that will give you a lump of Arcane Lore pages and a handful of AD. If you haven't done the Underdark lead-in questline (by :swoon:R.A. Salvatore :swoon:) go do it. The questline is easy, it gives you a bunch of refining stones that you'll really appreciate, and best of all? The stones are unbound. The only bound thing you'll get there is the artifact at the end, which isn't half-bad for UD content.

It also doesn't hurt to do stuff that makes the goon stronghold better. Every little bit counts and the level 61 gear you can sometimes pull from the parcels can be liquidated for the guild under "surplus equipment".

Work's started for me once again so my hours will be somewhat inconvenient, but if you see me around and want a buddy to slog through vigilance tasks, feel free to give me a holler (@fooditto). If you're friending me, send me a message beforehand so I know you're not a bot trying to sell your questionable third-party website.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. :) What is your class?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I usually wait for a sale before buying a mount from the zen store. Fortunately, once you have bought one in this manner, you can claim it on all your toons.

Not all mounts are priced equally, even within the same speed bracket.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 6, 2016

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Not very often, really. Only recent mount-related thing was a free Winter Wolf mount, but it's green (50% speed) so it's only attractive for the looks.

The cheapest epic (110%) mount you could buy straight up (before sales and stuff) is the Stormwind Clyesdale. It's cheap because it's essentially an armoured horse, whereas the more expensive mounts are fancy poo poo like howlers, bears, and flaming skeletal hell-horses.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

The yellow key is an Epic Dungeon Chest Key. It does exactly what it says - it opens epic dungeon chests only. Why they don't give sub-70s a regular dungeon chest key is anybody's guess. Might be an oversight.. :v:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

That's all it does. Repeatedly activating it will cycle the pretty graphic among the four elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

I'm down when I'm around. Any particular dungeons or just a general tour?

I didn't make the emblems. :v:

• Locked thread