Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"
welp...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203585/astral-diamond-changes/p1

cixorez fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

nope

that frees you up to leave the game

since realistically you now only get AD on 1 char not 52 anymore

-> no way to feed all the projects or progress with your own toon anymore

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

just gonna quote a post from the official forum cause it's sadly the truth summed up rly great:

--

When players are
(1) repeating limited content for
(2) such little reward that they
(3) don't progress in a D&D game where
(4) half the dungeons are missing and
(5) existing dungeons give dull rewards and
(6) they get roflstompled or botcamped in pvp and
(7) they realize they can never get BiS through playing and
(8) their Guild hall has not progressed in months and
(9) pay to win BiS is over $6000 then
(10) they feel unhappy and leave

AD influx from leadership was out of control. A ballsy move to stop it.
Sure the population will decline even more, that is a calculated risk the devs took.
Neverwinter could survive depending on the devs next moves.
A necessary change but possibly the death nail at the same time.
Will be interesting to see how it unfolds

--

i rly rly hope for all of you still holding the flag upright that their next move will be a good one
but alas...

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

free flowing ZAX is because of double RP weekend atm (and ppl dumping all zen for 500 AD too yes)
it will return to cap and maybe even stay there forever cause of ppl no longer buying zen after AD changes alienate them

maybe - just maybe - enough n00bs starting the game not knowing what they have gotten themselves into will still invest into zen
but what will they buy - xp boosters, companions, accountmount - in short nothing that costs AD -> so no conversion

zen isnt needed for your chars to progress in endgame or very little if u like - AD is, and very much so
so what will happen after those n00bs finally arrive at endgame and see the reqs for charprogress?

they check zax and either find out:

1) its at 500 -> good for them initially til they see/get told some 100-200mil AD is needed for 1(!)char to be/stay competitive/even run some content (not to mention the 200-800mil AD for strongholds(i gave up on calc after reaching 200mil for just basics but others did the whole thing and cam e up with 800mil for everything thats useful maxed out))

or like in STO:

2) its below 500 and maybe even sinking more or less constantly meaning they get less and less AD for their RL moneyz which will feel like tossing it on the trashheap after a while -> ppl stop and leave

either way - zen wont be plentiful (and if im wrong and it is - what are u gonna buy with it?)
not unless they implement some srs changes like slashing some zeroes off a lot of prices from bazaar - namely greater mark of potency - or refinement meters on gear

sure if you wanna play nwo for story reasons (ending at mid 50-60 in mindflayerland) you can do so without spending a dime
even with a slow goldhorse for added extra immersion its 1-2 weeks of good fun depending on playstyle

but from there onwards its...mindless unfun repetitive torture gameplay and a bottomless mimic thats eating ur moneyz both virtual and now rl too
i dare say many goonz only stayed for more than a few weeks cause of being fed by our established LS armies

with those gone, low ZAX yes or no, this trainwreck will come to a grinding halt
all the progress done in the SH will be for naught unless ur willing to spend loads of cash
else its leave and migrate to another bigger guild (if they even take u in) for the boons u ll need to do mod8 content

this is STO all over again only much much worse and even faster than back then in flyland
feels a bit like they specifically asked for that sto designer to come over to nwo to do just that...

i could be wrong - very much so indeed if they radically change some things - but i dont think so tbh
and im writing this as someone who loved that game up til even mod6

cause i could afford it and pay others forward via a loving army of 156(!)chars - netting 3.2mil AD (not RAD) or 60-70bux a day
which at the end of mod6 amounted to not much in terms of stuff i could buy and throw at ppl to make them stay competitive in content

bottomline is:

play til end of story and have some look around in stronghold map for some extra xp to bolster ur lvl progression and goonz-only-fun maybe even dump some influence into the mimsy
then do urself a favour and leave - it will only get painful if u dont - maybe check back for mod8 and (if trends continue) leave that after 1-2 weeks too...

after bad rant now for some lolz from the official forums:

--

Dev Feat Trees.

PATH 1: BALANCE

Tier 1
Sudden Buff: One random class becomes 5/10/15/20/25% more powerful
Sudden Nerf: One random class becomes 5/10/15/20/25% less powerful.

Tier 2
Fix PvE: Monsters become 20/40/60/80/100% harder to kill with no explanation
Pix PvP: Chances of PvP victory become 10/20/30/40/50% stacked towards higher-geared characters

Tier 3
Pearls before Swine: The market price of once-valuable items drops by 40/50/60/70/80%
Riches to Rags: Once-cheap items on the market become necessary to progress and their price inflates by 100/200/300/400/500%

Tier 4
Money Chasm: Pay-to-Play characters progress 100/200/300/400/500% faster than F2P players.
Cash Gate: Required currency to achieve endgame status increases by 60/120/180/240/300%

Tier 5
Pushback: When players gain more than 50/40/30/20/10 thousands diamonds per day with a single feature, that feature gets permanently stripped of AD rewards.
Arbitrary Cap: Astral Diamonds players can gain from a single source per day are reduced by 15/30/45/60/75%

Final:
Shaggy PuG Story: Players' success rate at anything becomes zero if they're in a PuG group.

PATH 2: SUPPORT

Tier 1
Deafness: Player feedback is 20/40/60/80/100% less effective
Look into It: Patch Notes have a 10/20/30/40/50% chance to mollify players, making them less likely to quit.

Tier 2
Economy: Patch notes gain 10/20/30/40/50% more attention from the players. This effect stacks up to 10 times for every time you mention "economy" in your post.
Blame Game: 10/30/50/70/90% of the aggro from economy imbalance is directed to botters instead of you.

Tier 3
Paper Plane: Every time you receive a support ticket from a player, you have a 20/40/60/80/100% to fold it into a paper plane and throw it out of a window instead of reading it.
Big F: Tech Support automatically responds to tickets with a list of generic unhelpful tech advice, inflicting 50/100/150/200/250% your weapon damage on the player's computer.

Tier 4
Forum Moderation: Threads lamenting game changes and/or imbalance are deleted 10/9/8/7/6 seconds after they're posted.
Double Whatever: You become 20/40/60/80/100% more resistant to criticism when a Double Event is ongoing.

Tier 5
Bouncers: When a player begins considering QQ'ing, 1/2/3/4/5 members of the community will take your side and encourage them to.
Attention Lapse: Players in Protector's Enclave have a 10/20/30/40/50% chance of not noticing the number of advertising gold sellers doesn't diminish in spite of updates.

Final
Orwellianism: Players pointing out flaws in development choices are instantly banned. Their friends, contacts and guild have a chance of leaving the game.

PATH 3: MONEYGRAB

Tier 1
Gambler's Fallacy: All players' chance to quit is reduced by 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5% for each dollar they invested in the game.
ZEN Sale: Players will spend 30/60/90/120/150% more during ZEN sales.

Tier 2
Sugarcoat: Makes your content look more promising, increasing player's chance to spend money by 20/40/60/80/100%
Bulk Sale: When a player spends money on an item, there is a 10/20/30/40/50% chance they'll spend 9 times more to gain 10 of them

Tier 3
Comfy Laurels: Pulls 20/40/60/80/100% of your funds from development.
Expand Market: You gain a Xbox playerbase, increasing your revenue by 20/40/60/80/100%.

Tier 4
Diamond Sink: Free to Play players now achieve endgame status at 90/70/50/30/10% their original speed
Whale Hunter: F2P players who manage to make more than 600/450/300/150/50k diamonds per day are banned on sight -> http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/player-banned-over-ridiculous-fair-use-policy

Tier 5
Money-Sucking Drop: Players have a chance to "earn" items which require real money to be used. The chance they do so is 15/30/45/60/75%.
Save the Whales: Refuse to take action against exploiters and auction manipulators, deflating currency by 10/30/50/70/90%

Final
VIP Program: When initiating combat, you drop a VIP Bait at your feet. Players who take the bait will become unable to quit for 1/3/6/9/12 months.

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

english isnt my first language and writing about cryptic gets my hackles up so excuse my brevity ;)

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

Fog Tripper posted:

No, I literally meant that it was painful to try to read. I don't want to get all grammar/spelling/punctuation nazi, but it made me want to headbutt my monitor.

Hopefully by the time I get to 70, the devs will have something figured out. All in all, the game is amazingly well done. Moreso as a free-to-play game.

TL;DR

The main problem is: THERE IS NO CONTENT TO RUN THAT DROPS ANYTHING VALUEABLE or PROFITABLE.
In actuality over the course of 12 months everything profitable while playing the game was NERFED.

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

u can delete all of mine - @zeroxic

they ll never lift the 100 year ban

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

ElGroucho posted:

So,do we ever talk about why the ban? Or is that like my aunt's divorce, that we just never talk about?

if u meant my ban - having leadership army and shuffling around millions of AD to feed fellow guildies

cant happen to u therefore no worries

just play the game and u ll get "...significantly more AD into the hands of anyone playing this queued content" as mr. lead dev goatshark puts it

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

valuum posted:

Did a person actually write this? And then before it went live, some other person approved of it, thinking it was decent?

they used something like this ;)
Tom Clancy Plot Generator - http://tcpgen.tripod.com/

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

so CN is back after all those years?

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

Flesh Forge posted:

Supposed to be put online again with the next content release on March 15, yes.

e: They probably fired the guy that banned you, I bet if you regged again you could play :shrug:

heh nice try ;)

is it still so much p2w that i d need another army of 156chars to feed my needs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

Missing the Guild and fun times
Would post a sad Pony if it was allowed...

Have Fun

• Locked thread