Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Nita posted:

-Oath Paladins are overpowered as gently caress

This happens every time they introduce a new class.

Leveling Rangers used to be able to lead the boards using 1 at-will power and nothing else.

Once you hit 70 it definitely levels off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

What's the over/under on Castle Never doors still being bugged?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Can we get our guild leader to randomly get some allies to our guild? We get extra quests and buffs and it's all around good.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Semisponge posted:

I mean maybe but we're basically inactive so I'm not sure anyone would want us.

Big guilds can't turn in most of their stuff after a while so inactive lovely little guilds like ours actually help them out and give them more quests/buffs. The total guild level of all the guilds in your alliance adds up to a buff apparently so even adding small guilds is good.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 20, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

There should be some alliance invites coming through for whoever is rank 7.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Leif. posted:

Do I still need to be at least level 60 to join the guild?

nah just give us your handle luv

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Sjonkel posted:

Looking for a guild invite. Sjonkel@sjonkel#4825

Invite sent.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Can we get some of you level 7s to invite some randos to our alliance so we have to spend less stuff to upgrade?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Eddain posted:

I used to play this game when it was in beta on PC, and now I'm picking it up again on PS4. Now that Leadership doesn't give AD what's the best profession to work on?

It's still Leadership, but you have to get it to level 21 to get anything useful to sell on the AH.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Semisponge posted:

Rumor is the new module is out on August 17 (on PC, not sure about consoles). That's the good news. The bad news is they're going back to Icewind Dale. :bang:

Yup and bringing back the decaying ice mechanic bullshit and a lot of other bad stuff from that module.

Give use Dread Ring version 2 already.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

baram. posted:

i'd like a guild invite. odessa@baram#1170

Invite sent.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Eddain posted:

Should I bother buying any of the skill kits? They seem to offer a lot of common/trash most of the time.

They're not really worth it anymore but you can get green insignia to put on your mount to get bonuses.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Wanderer's Fortune (You have a 4% chance after killing a foe to find a Refining Stone at your feet.) and Gladiator's Guile (When your Stamina is above 75%, you move 15% faster. When your Stamina is below 25%, gain 15% of your Power as Stamina Gain.) are two of the best mount bonuses for saving time/AD.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Moochewmoo posted:

gently caress me the UI is a miserable pile of poo poo on PS4. I can't select a profession I want because there's no way to select on the right at this moment. I also can't seem to compare items, though a sometimes I can depending on the fickle mood of the game. Also hiding traps isn't to bad, but reminding me every 3 seconds that I'm wounded is a little overboard.

It's like all the useful information is hidden in random arcane sub menues which while being pretty DnD it's also very loving annoying.

But I've taken a dwarf cleric to 10 and it's alright but I was wondering if I dicked myself by not going crazy optimal by missing a race or going charisma over strength. I figure I have just enough understanding and little enough progress that restarting isn't a huge deal.

Weirdly enough Wisdom ends up being the worst cleric main stat. Take Strength + Charisma at every level up.

Strength is pretty much the best Cleric stat and dwarf isn't a bad choice. Dragonborn's probably the best race followed by half-orc or dwarf. Human used to be the best until they nerfed the feats into the dust. Halfling is good if you want to make a PVP tank DC though.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 26, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

What level do those 5 man dungeons start happening?

I think level 70. 3 mans are still a good source for Rough AD though.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Not sure the pack situation on the PS4 or what you can buy on the Zen market at the moment, but here are the good packs on the PC.

VIP pretty much pays for itself if you log in every day, use your free enchanted key, and sell whatever you get on the AH.

The Dragonborn Legend Pack comes with a 30 slot bag for every character, a very good ring that levels up with you, and a purple level artifact with good stats.

The Scourge Warlock pack comes with a companion for every character that gives you a straight 5% bonus to critical hit severity which is good for every character.

If you can get the pack with the Heavy Giant Spider, it comes with +2000 power buff, Gladiator's Guile, and Wanderer's Fortune. The panther is pretty useless though.

Everyone should also be leveling a cleric alt too as their Sigil of the Devoted is one of the best artifacts in the game.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Ghost stories can be tough even at 70.

Group up with others if you can as Tyranny of Dragons mobs in instances are scaled up to about the hardest in the game.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Goofballs posted:

you could always just copy and paste the op and then modify it as you go

or PM Felixreynolds with the info and he can update the OP now that he's out of Middle Earth.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Holy poo poo, what accent is Brother Satarin even supposed to have :psyduck:

Dunno I turn off voices for everything except the Valindra Tower fight.

I recommend you do the same.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

If any PC Neverwinter person needs equipment for their companion send me a letter @istarin

Tell me what slots you need for your companion.

Tell me what suffixes you need for that equipment.

Avenger - Power, Critical Strike, Armor Penetration

Defender - Defense, Regeneration, +Threat generation

Commander - Power, Recovery, +Outgoing Healing

Master - Power, Armor Penetration, + Control Duration

I should be able to hook you up within 1-2 weeks.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

FoldOgey posted:

I've been playing this again recently, after trying it a couple of years ago and not staying with it. I'm working on a healadin, still leveling (approaching 40). If there's any room in the PC guild for a mostly casual, but consistent player, would appreciate an invite for Pietro Wolfson@ww9000. (lol at my suitably doofy D&D name)

Invite sent.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is there any way of sending gold or AD to another player? Wanted to send my wife some to help her out while she's off the next few days.

e: on PS4

Gold can be transferred via trade or if you're both in a guild you can deposit/withdraw however much your limits are for that day from the guild bank.

If you wanna transfer AD just have her put up an item on the AH for however much you want and then you buy it out. You will eat the AH fee though.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

FoldOgey posted:

Saw the invite pop up when I logged in, but it disappeared before I could acknowledge it. Will be on for a bit, if someone could resend. Sorry :(

You should be good now.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Biggest issue is we share a console, so mail would have been the best way to do it.

If you share an account too then you can just swap the money out at your bank.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

So I listed some AD on the marketplace to get some zen. My listing got purchased yesterday, and now I have no AD and no zen.

How exactly does this work? Is there like a 24 hour turn around or something?

You have to withdraw it from the AD marketplace screen.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Pooncha posted:

But then how could you read all the thought-provoking* political campaigns being discussed on zonechat if you can't read them?! :shepicide:

*Provoking thoughts towards suicide.

Just type 'guys who should I vote for this election?' every 4 hours and watch em go.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Capn Jobe posted:

So I think I would like to try playing this with you guys...just started playing. IGN is Scrander, if that helps.

Can't seem to find an @name on the launcher screen...do I need one? I'm on PC.

Send me a mail in game @istarin and I'll give you an invite.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Carbon Thief posted:

Just started playing this with my brother and I'd like to join the guild. I'm Asbjorn Morkerod@carbonthief#5083, playing on PC.

Invite sent.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

PS4 players missed an exploit for infinite Neverember's Warm Welcome packs.

https://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/neverember-little-generous-warm-welcome-pack/

Mod 10 impressions so far:

New character select background of a random viking ship by a dock. Much more epic than a dragon.

The Ten-Towns pack gives one character a lot of good stuff including a Blood Ruby and 4 rank 7 enchants but almost all of it is character bound.

New potions cost 5g per 20 but they drop out of the leadership coffers so those might be worth it if you are low on gold.

The costs for the stuff in the campaign store are all really high but there's a repeatable other campaign task to lower those costs.

Unresistable frost damage except for some boons and various side/downgrade armors means that HP continues to be the most important defensive stat. They brought back the equivalent of black ice empowerment but the Voninblod isn't as easy to farm as black ice was.

Haven't seen any new assets except for the zone which you can't see because of a perpetual blinding blizzard and they gave a yeti some black ice armor for some reason. Seriously this screen effect is so bright I had to turn my brightness down 30%. Prepare to have your poo poo stomped by that yeti boss fight getting into town if you have low ilvl.

Nobody is running the heroics but a new tanking artifact drops from them with like HP/Crit/Control Resist

Trowel for collecting relics is timed for some reason, and I never saw a relic past the one you get for free while questing.

Dailies seem to give 50-100 Voninblod and you can pick up extra ones by killing random named guys in the zone for a quick turn in for 50.

New enchant: Gigantic - Crit/Recov/Arp or Deflection/HP/Defense

You can currently only get 9 reputation a day and you need 200 for the new dungeon and 500 for the last boon.

Get ready for burning guidance 2.0 with the final boon. Healing paladins should be able to cause even more massive lag when they cast Burning Light + Prism.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

There's a 4 page thread complaining about the brightness in Bryn Shander.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1220510/a-way-to-disable-the-snow-storm

Supposedly they're fixing it with this next patch.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There was a huge spergpost about this on reddit, saying they replaced it (on PC anyway) with a buff to earned AD. Ultimately some math geeks came to the conclusion that it only works out worse for bots, and is in fact better for people who actually play the game.

It still sucks overall.

They reduced the T1 salvage levels by 1/3 so with bonus you'll get what you used to automatically get in mod 9 minus your free invoke AD. This includes ALL ring drops from Underdark/Maze Engine content.

Now instead of just salvaging stuff in my inventory I get to waste time swapping it between all my characters and keeping track of who has bonus AD. Inventory management is the best.

Also I hope you like Epic Temple of the Spider because you'll be running it twice a day this entire mod since the new dungeon's loot is even worse salvage wise. Most of the time CN also has worse returns on salvage.

Wanna do your weekly quests on Monday? Welp hope you have rough AD bonus stockpiled up. It takes about 2 days of 2.5 hours invoking to cover one of them.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 19, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Can someone just confirm for me, as a cleric, if i'm in a group with a tank who can't take damage, a control mage who can't control the adds, a ranger who somehow manages to get himself in the middle of the tank's barely held together clusterfuck and a warlock who i'm assuming was making us all a nice crisp salad for afterwards, i'm not the one in the wrong for being the only fucker doing his job, am I?

I swear there's something about Malabog that attracts complete loving idiots. Salt ends.

The end of the faithful tree is pretty much a contingency vs. bad players but you do give up a lot of dps.

If you're anointed champion you can spam Anointed Army and your Sigil of the Devoted if you have it.

Rangers are lost cause though unless you get them to use Fox's Cunning, which lets everyone just stand in the red.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Gawrz posted:

I heard goons were bad at video games and play Neverwinter. I am bad at video games, and probably bad at this game.

Damaia Incubore@gorzantus

I opened some boxes and have some stuff to put in guild as well. So much wasted inventory space.

Invite sent.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Lonelywood quests:

-The Lonelywood quest 'Training Day' is currently bugged and anyone failing it makes everyone doing the quest in the whole zone fail the quest. The key to completing it is finding a mostly empty instance and making a beeline to all 3 checkpoints while avoiding mobs and praying some other chucklefuck doesn't decide to repeatedly feed his recruit to some troll heroic encounter all day.

-The fishing pole from the winter event can be used for the fishing daily here to save you a lot of time. Stand a bit back from the fishing spot to find the right place to cast and don't fish from the same spot repeatedly or you'll get a bunch of boots.

-The Frost Giant scout quest that drops from frost goblins requires you to kill a specific pair of frost giants with 'scout' in their name. Don't kill the other frost giants as they're much harder and not needed for this quest.

-The sick refugees for the herbal medicine quest can be found by the beach in front of the tents. The blue quest area it directs you towards is currently in the wrong place.

-The scarecrows for the kill 10 scarecrow dropped quest can be found around the farm heroic encounter in the pumpkin patches but their respawn time is fairly long so group up if you see someone else waiting.

-Everfrost Resist potions can be bought from the inn for like 5 silver. This might not be intentional since they cost something like 200 Voninblood a piece in the campaign store.

Bryn Shander Quests

-The lure beasts out with fish quest in town can get bugged and the fish will lose the interaction sparkles. Switch to another instance to complete this one.

-Multiple named mobs drop items you can turn in for 50 Voninblod. Make sure the named mob isn't part of a heroic encounter though or you'll have a bad time.

-The Dungeon boots drop from large Heroic Encounters here if you want to grind those out with a group.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 22, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Servers and gateway both down at the moment.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

2 Dungeons at 70 with no AD bonus should get 7k each and 2 Skirmishes should give around 3k each. After that all salvage should easily put you over the top, especially if you also do the Weekly AD quests.

If you have other character slots it's best to let them do the salvage and have your main use the bonus on quests/dungeon/skirmish rough AD.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 24, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

So things salvaged from epic dungeon runs count toward your daily limit?

Basically I run kessel (since that's pretty much the only 70 dungeon working on PS4) once, and get 3k AD from the chest and a blue worth about 3k as well. Second time I run it, I get 300 AD. Don't know why.

Same with skirmishes, first one will be about 2500, next one will only be about 300.

Kessel's is a skirmish so run eTOS or eLOL for the larger haul. Hell even those 3 man dungeons will get you 7k a piece just nothing great in the chest at the end except a blue you can sell for 200-1k ad.

Kessel's is kinda bad too as a bunch of stuff that comes out of the chest only salvages into black ice.

Salvage only counts towards total RAD refined.

Dungeon and Skirmish runs should get you 2 large hauls each unless it's really weird on PS4 at the moment.

You PS4 guys don't have to worry about bonus RAD till next mod.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 24, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Ah, so I have in fact been running two skirmishes and no dungeons.

How do you tell the difference between the two, since on PS4 they're in the 'epic dungeons' tab? Also I hear people saying to do epic temple of spider, I only have (master) and i'm not high enough ilevel. I'm still a baby 1800.

Kessel's Retreat and Shores of Tuern are still counted as skirmishes for AD purposes for some reason even though they're listed under Epic Dungeons.

You'll still get 7k AD a run running the normal version of Temple of the Spider or any other dungeon including Cloak Tower. Get your ilvl high enough to run the epic one for better salvage stuff and Seals of the Protector though.

'Quick' ilvl raising tips:

Since you have VIP buy as much Dusk gear as you can with trade bars minus the boots as they're usually pretty affordable on the AH.

Buy other gear with seals of the elements from the seal vendor. These seals drop from all T1 dungeons and demonic heroic encounters. If you have a decently leveled guild then you can buy some gear from them with guild marks too.

Buy rank 7s from the AH for all of your offense/defense slots. DPS characters can usually get away with putting rank 7 draconics in every slot. Other characters choose the stats for your build. For your utility slots buy or make lesser dragon's hoard enchants or fey blessing enchants from the Tyranny of Dragons or Sharandar campaigns.

Run the air part of the elemental evil campaign if you haven't yet to get your artifact weapon and upgrade all of your artifact equipment to at least blue. Weapon enchants and armor enchants also count towards ilvl so start saving for soulforge/whatever weapon enchant you want. Sometimes you get lucky with 11 coin artifact equipment boxes and get a Coalescent Ward which makes getting these much cheaper.

Dusk boots and Drowcraft shirt/pants can both be bought off the AH and are all ilvl 135. Do as many of the demonic heroic encounters you can in the Dread Ring/Icewind Dale/Well of Dragons to earn enough demonic ichor to get the Drowcraft equipment set from the Maze Engine campaign vendor. Demonic Slaughter is the easiest HE followed by Demonic Closure. Avoid Demonic Escape at all costs unless you have 2 CWs or other good controllers in your group. You can currently earn 400 demonic ichor a week on PS4 which will get you a Head, Arm, Boots, Shirt or Pants piece. If you want the Chest piece it'll take two weeks since that requires 650 ichor. These pieces are all bind on account so you can have multiple characters working on this if you hit the ichor cap, though in mod 10 they remove the weekly cap completely. The 'do 3 demonic heroic encounters' quests in these zones all drop campaign currency too to help you complete your campaign boons.

Upgrade all of your artifacts to at least purple quality. Artifacts are probably the cheapest/easiest way to quickly raise ilvl. Fey blessing enchants can help a lot with getting enough rank 5s to put into these. If you can, start leveling an alternative character to eventually get the sigils unlocked. You need two characters of different classes to have the Icewind Dale campaign unlocked to get your class sigils. DC's Sigil of the Devoted is one of the best artifacts in the game at the moment since it fills your AP gauge but look at the stats for the other classes to see what fits your build.

Once you get to ilvl 2100 you can run Throne of the Dwarven Gods, Prophecy of Madness, and Normal Demogorgon for a chance at some +4 rings with offense and defense slots that really boost your ilvl. Even the +1 and +2 rings from demonic heroic encounters can boost your ilvl quite a bit. Once you get to ilvl 2500 you will want to run epic demogorgon and use the campaign key on the chest to get enough twisted ichor to get your twisted artifact set. Unless you're a DC who may want the Burning Set from the elemental evil quest Weapons of Fire for AP gain. GFs, Protection OPs, and PVPers all want the Drowned weapon from the quest Weapons of Water as this is a free 50% heal over 30 seconds every minute. This quest is a hell of a tedious grind even with the buffs from the wands from the trade bar store so if you can buy the Elemental Artifact pack on the AH you can save yourself quite a bit of a headache.

Those free +hp or +recov armory kits you got while leveling up can add to your ilvl too. Hero of Neverwinter, Pirates Skyhold, and Plaguefire campaigns on the Sword Coast Chronicle all drop these and they are bind on account so you can transfer them between characters.

If you're still desperate to meet ilvl requirements you can buy armor kits and jewelry kits to further add to ilvl but these are pretty expensive.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 24, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Holy poo poo the teeth gnashing over this bug was glorious.

quote:

Fangbreaker Island now requires 29% Everfrost Resistance.

Also look at this bullshit to get people to stop using T1 sets.

I'm now even sure know how to get that much everfrost resist.

You can get 8% from the boots that drop in HEs
5% from a potion.
4% from boons.
2% from the guild food.
7% from the two trade bar store items - hope you have VIP!
which brings you up to 26%

I think you get a ring from a quest that has 3% but it has a utility slot instead of a defense slot.

Supposedly kits for shirts and pants show up in the campaign store for another 3% each.

Then you either need to buy the gloves from the zen store for 2250 zen or the hat for 2500 zen.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 25, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Gawrz posted:

So after nolifing to get scourge warlock up to like 43 I found that I really dislike the interaction with the curses. The damage is incredible but god drat does it feel clunky. So I decided to re-roll Control Wizard..

Akita Angel@gorzantus

More awful names for the awful name throne. The leveling isn't too bad though pretty fun when you start 1 shotting packs, so I look forward to getting to that stage and beyond with control wizard.

Invite sent.

kaizier posted:

i read the Xbox version was seperate from PC. I am assuming the PS4 version is the say way, if so is there a PS4 Guild?

Xbox, PS4, and PC all have different servers so please specify which platform you're when asking for invites.

Unfortunately I'm on the PC version and have no idea who to send a message to on the PS4 or Xbox versions.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Agrias120 posted:

I must admit, it took me WAY too long to realize that (on PS4, at least) the game will recommend any item over your existing one as long as its iLevel is higher, regardless of stats.

Yeah this can be a trap a lot of times because +100 movement does gently caress all to all characters.

• Locked thread