Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just started playing on PS4, can someone invite @updogmillionaire to the guild?

e: perhaps the OP should be updated to reflect if the PS4 version needs its own thread / guild as well.

So far, very impressed. Reminds me WoW and the good bits from Kingdoms of Amalur. Voice acting on the first captain guy is absolutely godawful, as is the voice acting on the trailer - they need to replace him because it gives the whole thing a very amateurish feel. And the menu controls on PS4 are godawful.

But all round, very very happy. Definitely going to drop real world cash on supporting this.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ it's absolutely loving awful, there don't seem to be much consistency between whether you use L1, L2 or the direction buttons. There are a couple of different circumstances where it's either triangle or square to bring up a context menu.

omg chael crash posted:

I'm trying, man.
I'm really trying to make this game happen
Over literally the space of a day, I've gone from thinking I'd happily pay money to support this, to feeling butthurt enough about the bags that I kind of feel forced into buying them, and now resent the prospect of feeling forced to buy them rather than grinding for them (which you can't).

On reddit someone was explaining 'friction points' in microtransactions, the idea that you create a situation that's irritating, but not irritating enough to quit over, and then you offer a microtransaction fix.

The problem is that without buying bags with Zen, the game really isn't playable past 20. They've also relocated fast travel to a perk behind a high level of VIP transaction. So I'm starting to look at it as being on the wrong side of the friction point and feeling resentful at being forced to spend money to keep going, rather than genuinely wanting to.

Also there are way, way too many loving currencies.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 27, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Semisponge posted:

It's weird to see the perspective of a brand new player after having played this game since the beta (three years??). I could give you facile answers that could solve your issues but what it boils down to is free to play is free to play. If you don't like the grind and you don't want to pay money then this game is never going to be fun.
It's not that I don't want to pay money. Right up to the point that I found out about the bag thing, I was pretty much set on working out the best thing to spend some zen on, and now I just kind of feel sour about there being no legit way to get more bag space.

I wish I could explain it better, but it's like before I felt like I was treating myself with a bit of extra bag space, and see if there's anything else cool. Now I kind of feel like i'm buying a microtrasaction that I really disagree with the balance on. It's the difference between wanting to pay and feeling forced to pay.

The fact that they've literally put off a willing paying customer with it means they're clearly doing it wrong. I am really really enjoying the game, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel happy about buying bags any more.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I bought 1k Zen and spent it on the 24 slot Greater Bag for now. Got a 12 slot Embroidered Bag with the starter pack on the store.

I now have a tiny wardog called Mr Fluffybum. This has improved the situation immeasurably.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I just did neverdeath last night on ps4, and the chat is an endlessly looping cycle of people asking for invites to char, people pointing out he's up in their instance and people telling everyone to shut the gently caress up about char so they can see if anyone's doing ghost stories.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Aishan posted:

Has anyone gotten around to starting a goon guild on the PS4 yet? I'm sure there must be at least five of us playing.
I've been thinking about starting a thread and guild, but have a triple whammy in my lack of game knowledge, social skills and knowledge about the game. I suspect most others are in at least two of those categories.

Shame because we should really start a PS4 guild, if nothing else to stop filling this thread with requests.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Holy poo poo, what accent is Brother Satarin even supposed to have :psyduck:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Volume posted:

I'd be interested in starting the goon guild on PS4 if you guys don't mind a casual guild leader who's not all hardcore about the game and poo poo.
I would personally love a casual guild, especially one that doesn't mind me not using mic 90% of the time (rarely have the house to myself).

I guess the main question would be is it worth starting a seperate thread for PS4, or just linking to a PS4 guild recruitment thread in the OP and discussing the game here. Depends really on what the differences are between the PC and console versions.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jul 30, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I saved in Vellosk last night so apparently I have to roll an alt this morning just so I can access my main :shepicide:

Main is arienne@updogmillionaire and I would like to loot your ps4 guild vaults please

ParsleyTroll posted:

Ooh you're on PC! That explains that, I'm on the PS4. :D
I think we probably need a seperate ps4 guild recruitment thread in PGS, and then link it in the OP if we can.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 1, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Volume posted:

How do I donate to the guild? I can not find the option.
I just did the basic guild dailies from the stronghold and got a bunch of stuff to donate. Speak to the messenger next to Knox after joining, who will point you to the stronghold. Walk right in, follow the questline, and then donate the stuff at the chest in the back left. Scroll down, and if you have any of the item in question to donate, it'll give you the option to do so.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Volume posted:

I have that's why I'm so confused.

Yeah, i'm not sure what to say. I walked up to the steward and he gave me a mini tutorial, then after I finished it everyone else had quests. Maybe check your quest journal to make sure there isn't a stage of tge titorial bit you skipped?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Volume posted:

I'm on the ps4 guild if that matters
Yeah, me too. I talked to the messenger up by Knox. He pointed me to the stronghold. I went in, talked to the steward and I think I got a tutorial thing to go talk to everyone. Maybe there's a stage of that hanging around in your quest log?

After the steward's quest, each of the people around gives you a repeatable quest to go do level appropriate stuff - kill some monsters, do a dungeon, do 2 quests - and recruit some people from protector's enclave.

Aa for donating, there's a 'chest' in the back left of the stronghold which you use, and you can donate the marks you get as a reward.

If you can pin down at which point of this sequence the quest chain stopped, we might be able to work out what's going on.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Maybe you can only get them after a certain level? Glad they're working anyway.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Is there any way of sending gold or AD to another player? Wanted to send my wife some to help her out while she's off the next few days.

e: on PS4

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 5, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

Gold can be transferred via trade or if you're both in a guild you can deposit/withdraw however much your limits are for that day from the guild bank.

If you wanna transfer AD just have her put up an item on the AH for however much you want and then you buy it out. You will eat the AH fee though.
Biggest issue is we share a console, so mail would have been the best way to do it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh hey, the gold spammers have finally discovered zone chat on ps4!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pooncha posted:

But then how could you read all the thought-provoking* political campaigns being discussed on zonechat if you can't read them?! :shepicide:

*Provoking thoughts towards suicide.
I didn't realise they were so into social issues. I mean it's been months since the attack and they're still urging everyone to remember Harambe in quite a surprising way!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Doublepost, but a theory: Keep some L3 Tymora's enchantments in the bank, and in a month or two, stick them on the auction house for silly money. Tons of new players coming in all the time who were not here for the event, who'll gladly pay for a 'unique' enchant they can't otherwise get.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The pirate king one is currently disabled on PS4, so i'm guessing the bug is somehow even worse.

Sent my wife the few favour coins I got so she could get the fancy horse. She is unreasonably happy with it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Where's the best place to get pages of arcane lore? Need them for the dragon campaign boons, but all I seem to get are coins and secrets.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

This double XP event is great for my 63 character, but it's completely hosed up my wife's progression. The guild dailies refer to zones she's now overlevelled for, and she's levelling so fast she's going to have to choose between skipping a zone or two, not playing this weekend or doing modules she's overlevelled for and not getting xp.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

acumen posted:

edit: these level 70 solo instance quests are loving bullshit. I'm getting one or two-shot by those dragon archers - a little bit of a difficult curve would be nice.
I wish they'd properly label them as well. Ghost Stories is labelled as a 60, but you're up against multiple groups of 70s who tear your rear end in a top hat off as soon as you attack. Vault of the Nine as well.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just in case you didn't know, the fashion & emote pack is currently free on PS4 for ps+ subscribers.

E: Yes it looks ridiculous, and no you can't sell it.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 13, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Figures.

Also, gently caress Gar Shatterkeel.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I started playing pretty much the same day it came out, have been playing it a hell of a lot, and only hit 70 today, so I imagine any guilds who have complete strongholds are either on PC or poopsocking to an insane degree.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ok, so I just managed to finish Common Cause because i've been stuck on A Miner Problem since level 60.

I actually feel sorry for the boss. I mean the groups of mooks were about ten times the challenge he was and have been powerfucking me every time I attempt it. But with the boss, I kept waiting for the adds, or for him to turn into a dragon or something, but... no. Just one dude who barely moves and occasionally freezes my dog.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pooncha posted:

I'd say that the medal for the hardest boss still goes to the one in Ghost Stories. :shepicide:
Ah. That's next on my list. Hints?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Semisponge posted:

They changed the way invoking gives AD (aka not at all) and I'm really salty about it
There was a huge spergpost about this on reddit, saying they replaced it (on PC anyway) with a buff to earned AD. Ultimately some math geeks came to the conclusion that it only works out worse for bots, and is in fact better for people who actually play the game.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Can someone just confirm for me, as a cleric, if i'm in a group with a tank who can't take damage, a control mage who can't control the adds, a ranger who somehow manages to get himself in the middle of the tank's barely held together clusterfuck and a warlock who i'm assuming was making us all a nice crisp salad for afterwards, i'm not the one in the wrong for being the only fucker doing his job, am I?

I swear there's something about Malabog that attracts complete loving idiots. Salt ends.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So run me through a typical day earning 20k from skirmishes and dungeons, because i'm not getting anywhere near that. I'm lucky if I hit 9k, and i've got VIP.

Everyone says two dungeons, 2 skirmishes and your invocations should be 16-18k, but I only seem to get the buffed rate for the first two events I do, after that it's down to 300AD per run. Do failed attempts you drop out of count toward your total?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

2 Dungeons at 70 with no AD bonus should get 7k each and 2 Skirmishes should give around 3k each. After that all salvage should easily put you over the top, especially if you also do the Weekly AD quests.
So things salvaged from epic dungeon runs count toward your daily limit?

Basically I run kessel (since that's pretty much the only 70 dungeon working on PS4) once, and get 3k AD from the chest and a blue worth about 3k as well. Second time I run it, I get 300 AD. Don't know why.

Same with skirmishes, first one will be about 2500, next one will only be about 300.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

valuum posted:

Kessell's retreat is a skirmish :ssh:
Ah, so I have in fact been running two skirmishes and no dungeons.

How do you tell the difference between the two, since on PS4 they're in the 'epic dungeons' tab? Also I hear people saying to do epic temple of spider, I only have (master) and i'm not high enough ilevel. I'm still a baby 1800.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Presteign posted:

What are "foundry quests"? Google says Foundry isn't available on PS4 so nevermind.
When you hit 70 Neverwinter even mentions being able to pick up quests from the boards, but they're never useable.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ok, so thanks to that I managed to refine 19,734 today. Trying to go into Malabog with pubbies was probably a mistake, cost me a lot of time. I think i'm just going to do Kessel, Master of the Hunt and then two Cloak Towers a day until I have more seals and a clearer idea where i'm headed.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

What's the 'best' way to spend real money on this game other than VIP? (Besides the typical goon answer of "don't").
Depends on what your budget is. The two options above are great, especially dragonborn since they make excellent clerics. Depends if you want to spend that much though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Speaking of unicorns, any idea when the PS4 is likely to get one? Asking for my wife, who agreed to try this game based 70% on the fact that there is a unicorn in the trailer.

e: it's like no man's sky all over again :argh:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Started a reddit thread on what one thing you want other players to know about your class.

Seemed to be going ok until a GWF popped up basically being everything wrong with PUG players.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sharandar seems to be a good one, you can get a couple of those 2500 rp stones from the dailies and one 5k stone (more if you buy keys, but apparently it's boring to overgrind).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

edit: Also, as a DM for my group of friends, I am really enjoying the gently caress out of this "Day of the Dungeon Master" event. :3:
I will admit to being a shameful fan of the Acquisitions Incorporated injokes, like Danielle and GREEN FIRE!

VIP level 1 is just a daily epic dungeon key & 10 id scrolls per character, a daily enchanted key per account, and a 10% xp / ad bonus for all characters. I'm not doing epic dungeons yet but i've been opening a lockbox a day, and if the stuff's not useable it can always go on the AH to pay for next month.

With this double refinement weekend i've been able to get my new artefact weapon from green to purple with the stuff I was hoarding in my bank, and the missus has made about 3-400k selling poo poo she's too low level to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Basically do 2x dungeons, 2x skirmishes and 2x PvP every day, in a week you'll have enough AD to buy VIP 1. Sell what you don't want from the lockbox on the auction house, use what you do want. Use your newfound and ridonkulous supply of AD to buy what you want on the Zen store or Auction House.

E: and use the trade bars to buy the purple dusk body armor / helm, then T7 gems.

• Locked thread