Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
As of last night, we were about 5k influence away from where we need to be for the next upgrade. We've been pulling in around 2-4k influence each day, so we should hit target soon.

If you're between level 60-70, grab the missions from the stronghold- they're not much experience, but every little bit helps, plus you'll be gathering resources for the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Haven't played since launch but the OP makes it sound even MORE grindy. Is this actually the case? It was one of the more horrific grinds I had seen when it launched and between that and the traditional not-ready-for-launch MMO servers, I dropped it pretty fast.

Leveling is still a grind. But with Strongholds and some of the dragon stuff you can start working on endgame equipment and points pretty early on.

RobertDanger posted:

I just got back on this and is there a way to automate leadership like before or no?

Nope, it's all ingame, which is a bitch.

Captainsalami posted:

So, question. Me and a buddy are playing together, but hes away for a few days. IS there some kinda level syncing thing in this game or should i stay around his level so we have more fun?

You scale to the level of the zone you're in if you're above that level, so the higher level person can join the lower level person.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Glazius posted:

I suppose the only advice I really have is don't blitz to 70. The Stronghold wants you to kill 50 enemies and do 4 Vigilance quests a day. If you've got the time to invest beyond that, heck, roll an alt, learn how the other classes play.

My daily routine for my 68 character:

1. Get stronghold quests (50 enemies, 4 vigilance quests, recruit 5 saps in protector's enclave)
2. Run level 1 heroics in Stronghold zone for Influence- this is IMPORTANT for two reasons: a. Helps the guild, b. Influence is turned in at a 1:1 ratio for currency that helps you get stronghold gear, which makes it very valuable
3. Do vigilance quests and in doing so, kill enough enemies
4. Go to protector's enclave and recruit
5. Return to stronghold and turn everything in.

Also remember to Ctrl-I for your invocations. If you can get to the later ones, you'll earn around 20k experience (level-dependent) per day just for those. You need to give yourself enough time, because there's a 60 and 90 minute cooldown for the last two, so if you start playing in the evening you likely won't be able to get those.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Well, that sucks. Given that all of the other crafting professions are pretty useless, there's not much reason to use the gateway anymore.

I still have over a million AD saved up, thankfully.

This is going to hurt casual folks like me going forward, though. I don't usually have enough contiguous time to run dungeons. Maybe a skirmish once in a while. Hopefully they add some way to reward questing and/or heroic encounters.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I don't really care about getting uber powered, honestly. The level of effort to get that stuff is usually not worth it. In this case it's cost-prohibitive as well. Especially when the AD situation is not settled, I don't see a lot of point in investing a bunch of AD.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Great changes to leadership, Cryptic. Now it's just as useless as every other profession.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
You should never die as a paladin while leveling. In my experience, you can grab an entire section of a dungeon and AOE them down. Early on, your daily power can one-shot bosses. At later levels it's less effective, but your survivability goes even higher.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
That's a nice change. I'm still not parting with any AD until they figure out all the necessary steps. I'm interested in seeing if they'll be doing any solo AD-generating stuff.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Finally slogged my way through to 70. Grind over, time to grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The script is still a thing, but because the leadership profession no longer awards astral diamonds, it's only useful for advancing other professions. No more free and easy AD.

• Locked thread