Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Oh, the guaranteed SR is a campaign? drat. I was planning to save all my stars for when an SSR was in the featured pool that I really wanted.

Also I really wish I was coordinated enough for Pro. I just can't seem to keep pace with the notes on it... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

When does the guaranteed SR period end? I'm obscenely close to being able to do a ten pull, and it'd be devastating if I did it right after the promotion ended.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Dang, it's probably because of dropbox being weird. I only managed to pull one SR during my 2500 gatcha pull. It's the girl with the glasses that I don't really recognize. I don't thinks he had a voice actress yet?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

When does the guaranteed SR period end? I'm obscenely close to being able to do a ten pull, and it'd be devastating if I did it right after the promotion ended.

Actually on closer inspection it might be permanent, or at least, not going to end imminently, the timer is probably just for the SSR selection, like Overlord K said.

Sonata Mused posted:

Dang, it's probably because of dropbox being weird. I only managed to pull one SR during my 2500 gatcha pull. It's the girl with the glasses that I don't really recognize. I don't thinks he had a voice actress yet?

I'm pretty sure everyone with a VA is voicing their lines in the game, so if those are silent, then yeah.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Eh, just going to keep this SR Kaede after a bunch of rerolls. ID is 287873611 if the IDs from earlier in the thread weren't enough.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Love Live! The School Idol Movie is good and fun.

This was very true. Good movie.

Did my 10 roll in SS after clearing a Master song this morning.

Looks like my Cool team got a major boost.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Holy crap

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh man, that's a really sweet pull. Great boost to your Pure team (if applicable in terms of the SRs).

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm going to have to play on mute before and after pure songs, though. I can't stand Hanayo's voice, but she's unquestionably going to be my center. I already had full SR or better pure and cool squads. I haven't checked to see if these are stronger (they probably are), but even then it might not be worth it to train them up. I'm thinking about selling the Rins for a seal.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 15, 2015

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Jesus... what an awesome pull!

Are there any good ways of getting love gems besides buying them or hoping maintenance goes awry?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Jesus... what an awesome pull!

Are there any good ways of getting love gems besides buying them or hoping maintenance goes awry?

Idolize each card once and max their bonds.
Get As & Ss on Hard & Expert daily songs for both score and combo.
Clear Expert songs.
Full combo Expert songs.
Participate at least a bit in events (the last love gem reward for events is usually something like 1/3 of the way to the SR reward, plus you get rank gems at the end).
Complete Main Story chapters.
Birthdays.
Promotions/X,000,000 player celebrations where they give a handful away for a few days.
Maintenance compensation.

These are the ways to get love gems.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Get As & Ss on Hard & Expert daily songs for both score and combo.

Awesome, thank you!

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks, what are daily songs?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Awesome, thank you!

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks, what are daily songs?

When you go to play a song, click the "B-Sides" button in the upper right, and the songs here will be one of: event songs; daily songs; expert songs on longer rotation. The daily ones' titles start with [Daily Special] (there seem to only be dailies right now). They are significantly harder than normal songs of their difficulty level!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Wow. I should save up my love gems to do a bulk pull like this. One at a time just seems to posh now.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

They are significantly harder than normal songs of their difficulty level!

Hahahaha, holy poo poo. I tried one on Hard... my god.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

Did my 10 roll in SS after clearing a Master song this morning.

Looks like my Cool team got a major boost.

Nice. I'm still on 'sometimes I can clear Pro songs', I should probably give Onegai Cinderella another try on Master, that seems to be set up (and rated, marginally) as the easiest.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Hahahaha, holy poo poo. I tried one on Hard... my god.

Soldier Game is infamous.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Soldier Game is infamous.

That's the one I tried. At this point I have no idea how that's even possible.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

That's the one I tried. At this point I have no idea how that's even possible.

Nawatobi is the easiest of the dailies. The others range from hard to what the gently caress.

My advice for trying to get better would be to play songs that you can beat most of the time (but not always) until you can regularly beat them. If you're a thumbs player, I'd advise retraining yourself to use your fingers. I know that there are some who do even the hardest songs with their thumbs, but I hit a wall at the easier of the expert songs where my larger digits simply couldn't move quickly enough.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Soldier Game hard is pretty tricky.
Soldier Game EX is beyond that.

I regard Otomeshiki Renai Juku EX harder than Soldier Game EX, personally. The pattern is weirder.

The new batch of dailies feel easier though (Nawatobi is a joke, I'm sorry Hanayo). I can at least FC Anemone Heart EX. But the original dailies' EX versions are still beyond me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

I regard Otomeshiki Renai Juku EX harder than Soldier Game EX, personally. The pattern is weirder.

The new batch of dailies feel easier though (Nawatobi is a joke, I'm sorry Hanayo). I can at least FC Anemone Heart EX. But the original dailies' EX versions are still beyond me.

Nawatobi is the only daily EX that I've FC'd, though I've only tried the others a few times. I only FC'd Soldier Game hard after 60+ plays and a perfect lock team, and I just haven't had the will to apply that to the EX dailies.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

graybook posted:

I remember Soldier Game Hard feeling like it was going by too fast for me when I started trying it, but after almost a year of playing EX songs it feels slow as molasses. Still don't guarantee I can always FC it, though.

I'm in the same boat with regard to daily EXs. I still haven't been able to do Otomeshiki without failing, but I have been able to FC Merfest Vol. 2 and Yume Naki. I've gotten pretty close to FCing Anemone Heart, but small mistakes keep me from being able to do it. Daily EXs are scary as hell your first time through, though.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

If you're a thumbs player, I'd advise retraining yourself to use your fingers.

I started out with fingers but moved to thumbs because it was more comfortable to hold the phone.

How many fingers do you use? I figured the button placement was to encourage you to use four fingers on either side.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

I started out with fingers but moved to thumbs because it was more comfortable to hold the phone.

How many fingers do you use? I figured the button placement was to encourage you to use four fingers on either side.

Just index. I've experimented with using middle as well, but I found myself getting tangled.

Ah, I knew I'd posted the way I hold/tap before:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I hold the phone against either a table or my thigh with my thumbs along the bottom and my pinkies along the sides, and tap with my index fingers.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm not sure how long this game has been out, but do you know if the Halloween costume SRs were from an event? If so, do they re-run holiday events like that?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm not sure how long this game has been out, but do you know if the Halloween costume SRs were from an event? If so, do they re-run holiday events like that?

I don't think the English version has had Halloween SRs yet; it's had "spooky" costumes, but those were summer things. We should get Halloween ones this year, though, with Rin's given in an event:

They don't rerun events, but sometimes specific time frames of cards are available in special scouting boxes.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

graybook posted:

Ugh that song. As a scrub thumbs player who can keep up with Kokuhaku Biyori, I could never learn how to get through those sections without messing it up. Doesn't help I stopped using my Perfect Lock team thanks to score matches.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I was able to swap my Eli promo from the movie for a Hanayo, which I consider a gain since she's my second favorite.

Still looking out for someone who wants to trade a Maki for my Honoka, but if I can't get it done by the end of the week I'm just gonna use it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

graybook posted:

That song's the one people might want to consider retaining to fingers from thumbs for.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Solder Game wasn't the craziest thing ever? At least I didn't think so. Did I pass it on hard? Hahaha yeah right. I've been playing for just less than a week. I got about halfway through the song before the spotlight holds just finished me off. I find everything to be pretty straight forward, but then I always gently caress up releasing the holds. Every. drat. Time.

Also I can FC all of the Hit songs on Hard. Is there a general consensus on where to spend my lp for B-Side songs? Any particular hard charts to watch out for that aren't just tossing 15+ lp out the window?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Beat in Angel is throwing your stamina away.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
For B-Sides, if you want friend points, you can jump down to Normal since the S rewards for score/combo are 1k friend points.
Otherwise, def do the Hard charts (and Expert) for love gems.
The two hard charts that I always feel 'ehh'-ish on, as in slightly odd to get the rhythm of, are Yume Naki Yume Wa Yume Jyanai and Nico Puri <3 Joshidou, if you haven't tried them yet. They're both on the most recently-added daily rotation, and Smile attribute, if that matters.
I really like playing Beat in Angel though.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Alright. I'll spend a bunch of my lp playing some B-side hard charts. If I end up failing out a bunch whatever; wont get better if you dont yolo a bit.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

It's always better to get practice in when there's not an event running. Probably blew at least a thousand LP trying to clear Otomeshiki in the last few token events, which isn't fun to think about.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Alright. I'll spend a bunch of my lp playing some B-side hard charts. If I end up failing out a bunch whatever; wont get better if you dont yolo a bit.

What I've found with rhythm games is if you try and fail hard songs a lot, and then go back to normal songs, you'll find the normal songs really easy.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yeah the normal ones are already super easy for me, so I just need to play the harder ones to get my brain used to reading the circles.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Question about the iDOLM@STER game. Everytime I try to play, this weird box of Japanese text pops up and when I click on one I think it tries to connect with my Google account or something? I dunno how I got past it the first time but the game freezes up if I try to cancel my choice. How do I make it go away?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Question about the iDOLM@STER game. Everytime I try to play, this weird box of Japanese text pops up and when I click on one I think it tries to connect with my Google account or something? I dunno how I got past it the first time but the game freezes up if I try to cancel my choice. How do I make it go away?

It's about connecting your account to a Bandai Namco account for recovery purposes. I think. I finally hooked mine up and yay no more pop-up.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It also tries to connect to your google+ account but pressing no let me through without any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

graybook posted:

If you did pre-register, you should've gotten an email with a code to enter on some page (I'll edit this with link once I'm at my desktop later). You enter that with your Producer id and that nets you the 1k star jewels in your present box.

Could you hook a brother up with that link? I have no idea where it is or if you can enter it in game. I did sign into the bnid website though.