Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

whew i fully s-ranked nawatobi on the first try. feels good man

what do you guys think about this current popular selection scouting they have going on, good idea to spend 50 loveca on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I wouldn't unless I was really jonesing for one of those cards. I think stats-wise they're worse than recent entries, too.

Also what's with the short event times? I didn't notice it until I realized that Wonder Zone is still going to be up by the time the event's over.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yeah, the animal SRs, while cute, are the weakest SRs. Go for it only if you already have some of the featured cards and are looking to idolize.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Moldy Taxes posted:

I wouldn't unless I was really jonesing for one of those cards. I think stats-wise they're worse than recent entries, too.

Also what's with the short event times? I didn't notice it until I realized that Wonder Zone is still going to be up by the time the event's over.

Short events are a side effect of KLab not wanting to work on weekends, I think. Oh, Singapore.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Hmm, might as well. Need more goons, message me in-game so I know you're not a random.

LLSIF EN: 675318267

How often does Klab bump the numbers up for the tiers? I feel like we've been on 900/4500 for a while now.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Getting my idolized girls up to 60 takes so long, yikes. Given I've only been playing a couple of weeks, so I assume I have far less random girls to feed to level ups than I will in the future.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't think there's any need to expand the tiers right now? We haven't gotten another hellhole like the Christmas Umi last year, anyway.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yeah, the animal SRs, while cute, are the weakest SRs. Go for it only if you already have some of the featured cards and are looking to idolize.

God dammit. I wish I'd known. I've been saving up my gems and was really hoping to get the Nozomi UR.

I got this instead.

Since this is my only SR and my strongest card she's on every loving team. The effect goes off all the god drat time, which is cool, but I have to deal with THAT sliding across my screen at regular intervals.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

God dammit. I wish I'd known. I've been saving up my gems and was really hoping to get the Nozomi UR.

I got this instead.

Since this is my only SR and my strongest card she's on every loving team. The effect goes off all the god drat time, which is cool, but I have to deal with THAT sliding across my screen at regular intervals.

You can turn that off, you know. It's generally recommended. Settings -> Love Show -> Pop-ups off

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
And as a related tip, I'd recommend setting live show text size to small so that the note accuracy terms take up less space.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Whenever I see someone with that Honoka in the assist menu it looks like her neck is 2x thicker than it is.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I... wasn't aware and now suddenly the game seems much easier.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, the upcoming Starlight Stage event name is an existing song, I was thinking it seemed like a weird name to have in a game you were selling on Android.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Played code and signboard trade broker for my friends at the movie showing tonight and then donated a Maki code to a lucky recipient when the front desk ran out of them. The movie was great!

E: I enjoy Starlight Stage with full 3D and all effects on, turning my phone into a cooking surface and blinding me from the now-stuttering chart that my now-sweaty thumbs are trying to hit. Distraction has become part of the adventure for me!

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 24, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

squidflakes posted:

I got this instead.

Yeah, I turned it off when my promotional UR Eli kept popping with her big water effect which made seeing notes really hard.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

New Starlight Stage event (also new furniture)

Play normal songs to get usable points to play the special song with (and event points) to get more event points, win prizes. Pretty straightforward.

e: There's also additional communication event(s) with star jewel rewards for playing with Uzuki/Miho/Nana, if you have them actually I guess they happen regardless

Polsy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 25, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i did an 11 scout again and yet again only got 1 SR. curse this bad luck

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Man, I hope I can get into the top 100k. It'd be nice to get a Nana.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Man, I hope I can get into the top 100k. It'd be nice to get a Nana.

Yeah, I was at around 56,000 when I had a quick play earlier today but I'm down to 144,000 now, I think I just got in before a lot of people started. Have to see if I can make any headway later on.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I was at around 56,000 when I had a quick play earlier today but I'm down to 144,000 now, I think I just got in before a lot of people started. Have to see if I can make any headway later on.

Last update for me put me at ~45k ranking. I was at like 133k this morning. I am not using my stamina drinks just yet. Probably gonna save those for a Kanako/Anzu/Miku event or something.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Lmao is that what they're for? I didn't know so I always just "received all." I thought hearts were for stamina but my stamina bar never went up when I received them so I didn't know rip.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You haven't 'used' them by receiving them, if you check in your items (アイテム under メニュー) you'll find them all there. Hearts are used for the low-tier gachas.

Commander Quack
Jul 23, 2003
quack quack quack
In SIF, does anyone else have the problem where sometimes the game kind of stutters and then resets itself a second or so back, causing you to miss notes? I had this happen on Yuuki no Reason expert, right at the part where there a like 5 double star notes, to immediately fail. I'm on a Nexus 6, so I wouldn't think the phone should be having any issues.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Commander Quack posted:

In SIF, does anyone else have the problem where sometimes the game kind of stutters and then resets itself a second or so back, causing you to miss notes? I had this happen on Yuuki no Reason expert, right at the part where there a like 5 double star notes, to immediately fail. I'm on a Nexus 6, so I wouldn't think the phone should be having any issues.

I get that from time to time but haven't had it happen recently. I think it's lag from a bad connection but don't quote me on that.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

halokiller posted:

I get that from time to time but haven't had it happen recently. I think it's lag from a bad connection but don't quote me on that.

I think this might be it. I've had a couple of occasions where I'm playing while walking to my dorm and the game will stop registering taps for a second.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, it happens to me, but I've encountered it at times when I shouldn't be seeing any connection hiccups.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Being that I'm total trash, I ended up staying up till 2am last night trying to get that loving Umi card from the event.

I got the loving Umi card for a grand total of two SRs, but now I'm chugging cheap lovely coffee and trying to stay awake through some sort of meeting or another.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

squidflakes posted:

Being that I'm total trash, I ended up staying up till 2am last night trying to get that loving Umi card from the event.

I got the loving Umi card for a grand total of two SRs, but now I'm chugging cheap lovely coffee and trying to stay awake through some sort of meeting or another.

I did that for the last nico event so I could stay in tier 1

Commander Quack posted:

This used to happen to me in sif and pad and it was when I dropped a bar of signal in 3g/4g and on wifi. It stopped one day for no reason, no updates or anything.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

squidflakes posted:

A friend of mine started playing over the summer, and every token event I see him leaping up from T5 or so trying to T2 on the last day. Every day after I tell him to not grind it out on the last day. And the next month he's back at it again.

Dude went from 13k at 12:30 CST to rank 4402 at the end of the event. Even when I was his rank I'd never cut it that close, especially with the cutoffs being this low.

Please don't ruin your sleep schedule for idols, friends.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I was up last night until the event ended. It was worth it.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

The thirst is real.

Commander Quack
Jul 23, 2003
quack quack quack
How many loveca does it take to at least T2 anyways? Particularly JP version.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Commander Quack posted:

It varies depending on the SR, but I think I recall someone calculating that it takes a net of somewhere between 3 and 9ish, generally. That is, something more than that, but you get some back as rewards. It's the time rather than the loveca that keeps me from doing it.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Hmm https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-25/aria-smartphone-rhythm-game-announced-for-spring-2016/.93354

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I wonder how they're going to have a "healing" rhythm game. Looks like I have to start watching so i can finish before the game comes out.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Commander Quack posted:

It is entirely dependent on how much lp you have. Someone with 75 lp can get 150 lp in 2 love gems vs someone with 50 lp needing 3 love gems. It took me 19 the first time I went for t2, but I overshot a lot and probably could have done it in 17. That was with an account around level 50 on the English version.

On JP it takes significantly less love gems until level 100 due to half the exp requirement for leveling. In fact, a brand new account can hit t2 with under 10 love gems. The scores to tier are generally higher though so once you hit level 100 it's a lot tougher.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I thought Aria was about gondola pilots on mars?

Commander Quack
Jul 23, 2003
quack quack quack

Trihugger posted:

It is entirely dependent on how much lp you have. Someone with 75 lp can get 150 lp in 2 love gems vs someone with 50 lp needing 3 love gems. It took me 19 the first time I went for t2, but I overshot a lot and probably could have done it in 17. That was with an account around level 50 on the English version.

On JP it takes significantly less love gems until level 100 due to half the exp requirement for leveling. In fact, a brand new account can hit t2 with under 10 love gems. The scores to tier are generally higher though so once you hit level 100 it's a lot tougher.

Ah, I pretty much only play the JP version, and am rank 108, so 79 LP. There hasn't really been an idolized SR that I'm super into yet to go for it, though. The last event Rin was pretty underwhelming, and that's who I had been waiting for.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I saw some writing from someone what said that that Rin was like, the second time they gave her an unidolized event SR or something that was lazily "oh here she is in her school uniform". That's unfortunate. :c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I want more cards featuring outfits from the movie.